Ankle and Neck Tattoo Removal -Atlanta, GA

So I have a few tattoos.. I would like to get them...

So I have a few tattoos.. I would like to get them all off but becuase it is so costly I decided to remove the ones I dislike most... that would be stars on my neck I got about 5 years ago and a toast on my ankle I got about 9 months ago.. (don't ask). I have had the toast lasered once already but this will be the first time for the stars (dec 6 ) .. I hope my pics can help anyone and I would appreciate and feedback or encouragement.. this process really stinks :'( say no to tattoos!

neck treatment

Neck post laser 4 days after laser... can't see results quite yet it is still scabbed. The laser hurt very bad on neck so she Injected each star with a little lidocane :)

1 week 1 day

So here's the neck one week one day later... I'm seeing good fading already! Im very excited about that... The toast is still scabbed over and not looking so good. I'm taking dailt multi vitamins and fish oil to help the healing. :)

2 weeks

Good fading in stars so far :).. the red in the toats is hypopigmented. I believe the skin will re pigment however I am prone to this happening.. ill post a pic when it doesnt look so gross but in the meantime here's the stars :)

3 weeks or so

A lot of the red in the toast has faded but not much of the blue. Also noticing some discoloration, hoping that will go away as it continues to fade... if anyone has any advice about this or thinks there is a better laser than the medlight for this please let me know..

toast before any treatment for comparison

stars tx 2! looking promising

I got the stars lasered again and so far it is looking good!! She turned up the laser and I think it has made a difference already. It is still scabbed over but I'm so excited I wanted to post a pic anyways! :)... I'm waiting to get the toast lasered again (soo $$$). I'm considering trying the pico laser which many of you have reccomended. By that way thank you for all of your reccomendations and encouragements I really appreciate each one and take your advice! Due to being so busy with school makes it hard to respond. Well anyways I will post another pic when the stars are fully healed :)

tx 2 3 weeks later ^_^

So not as much fading as I would have hoped for but here it is!! I think im going to wait a couple months before getting another treatment to maximize fading

update

Heres some more pics for you guys.. im studying for exams so this provides a good distraction! Ha.. I am very happy with the results so far. The toast last treatment was in january and now all the hypopigmentation is gone so its looking a bit better. Its still noticeable though. I have a banquet to go to next week. Guess ill be wearing stockings! Im sure you all relate to the hassle of hiding your tattoos. My neck one is light enough now that im confident wearing my hair up. :) well anyways back to studying... hope the pics help

oh yeah (small rant)

Oh yea.. Ive read some stuff that white ink and light pinks cant be lasered.. well those are the colors that have responded the best for me!!! They do hypo pigment but give it a couple months and 50% of the ink is gone! Also one time I got a "double treatment " where basically they go over it once wait 20 mins and do it again.. that is a complete waste of money do not do that!!!! Seriously I think it made it darker (look at toast tx 1) ..your body absorbes ink in the healing process. That takes time!!! Time is the key so doing treatments back to back is completely illogical and a waste of money. I think its a scam.... Okay that is all :)
atlaserlites

The fading looks great! I was considering laser lites. I think I have decided to go with WIFH. I also heard Atlanta Derm Affiliates has a picosure! Good luck :)
Yeah I was just looking into them I want to try the picosure next on the toast... good luck with yours!
Things are looking great, remember to continue taking photos and you will notice when you compare that fading continues, sometimes it's hard to see when we just peek in the mirror - pictures speak a thousand words.
I bet you'll see some great results waiting a couple months in between. How is the toast coming along?
Wow! Nice fading! You are definitely in the way! I have no doubts that you will get rid of it completely! :)
I actually really love your toast tattoo! It's so cute!
The medlite is a reasonable laser choice for this tattoo. Although it is an older device and limited to two wavelengths (1064 and 532) it will likely fade these tattoos significantly over time with enough treatments. Newer devices have widely replaced this laser but it was a mainstay for many years and some non-dermatologists still use it. The blue color may remain at which point switching to a Ruby laser may be warranted. Good choice!
Stars look like they're coming off great, hopefully you'll only need a couple more treatments on those. The toast is probably going to be a little more stubborn, but you'll get there. It's cheeky little face makes me smile each time I see it!
If you're looking for a doctor that uses the picosure, google the company Cynosure, they'll have a list of who uses the picosure. There are many here on the forum that have had dramatic results with it, especially with blue. I like your stars, but then I also have stars on my neck, I'm married to an astronomer. And I think your toast is cute, but it's all subjective. It's your opinion that counts. I have also had massages to help with fading, but only after everything has healed up. The longer duration between sessions is also helpful. Good luck with your fading, so far so good. Keep us posted. aloha...k
Get the pico for the blue. I bet it will be gone in one treatment, maybe two. But your other colors look like they are responding well to the medlite! I am impressed with the red and black fading. My black fading with pico has not been as dramatic, though I have a much bigger, newer, darker tattoo.
From what I've read and seen, the picosure is the laser that can best treat blues. I haven't heard much about its effect on red, but it eats up blue and green. As far as numbing, I used Dr. Numb which you can get on Amazon. I spread a generous amount on my arm, then wrapped it in plastic for about 1 1/2 hrs before treatment. Then at the clinic they put on an additional coat of lidocane numbing cream. Though I could still feel the laser, the pain was greatly reduced and it was very tolerable. Could barely feel it in some instances. I think picosure is pricier, but annihilates tattoo ink. I also take vitamins, work out, and drink lots of water to help with the healing.
Hi Nikki39063, The Hoya ConBio Med-lite is a good, older device. It isn't ideal for the bluish/green color and you may want to seek out a laser that has a Ruby setting for that. Also, the injectable lidocaine is a less desirable choice than topical preparation (please see my post on that). Hope this info helps and good luck!
I would love to read about that, where can I find that post?
Well, I'm not really sure to be candid. You can probably find it by looking for my responses under my name or in the forums in tattoo removal. Best, Dr. Kirby
I asked the nurse for topical lidocaine and she said it didn't really work and did the injection on me instead. It was a pretty awful process using up a lot of needles on my tattoo and it hurt quite a bit. I was thinking of buying topical lidocaine on amazon since they don't want to use it on me themselves.
hi, while i dont agree to "say no to tattoos", I think youre very lucky here. the stars are black, the outlines aren't thick, the tattoos are small. you can already see the stars breaking up some. maybe somebody with more expertise could add further encouragement, but from what I can see you should be able to completely remove them (the stars) in a few treatments. also youre very brave, I could imagine the neck hurting. make sure to drink lots and lots and lots of water in the next few weeks and you should see some fading.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your story with the community. What kind of laser are you being treated with? Do you find it painful?

The laser is medlight. I get licocane Injections so it is virtually painless!
The medlite's a great laser on black outlines, nice results :)