Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty and CO2 Laser Resurfacing

I just had the surgery 2 days ago, so I don't know...

I just had the surgery 2 days ago, so I don't know yet if it is worth it or not! However, the first day (right after the surgery) my eyes looked great other than the redness and stitches showing! I was excited. Then, the swelling set in and now I am really swollen and the lasered skin under my eyes is very red and oozing. Gross, but I know this is to be expected. I went to a very experienced facial plastic surgeon and have confidence in him but I'm still nervous, as you aren't gauranteed specific results.

I'm 40 years old (almost 41) and had virtually no visible upper eyelid before the surgery, with my eyes open and the bags under my eyes really bothered me too. The wrinkles weren't too bad, but I had crepey skin there and some crows feet.

I THINK I'm going to be very pleased ultimately, with the results, but I know it could be a month or so before things start looking good. The redness will probably be longer than that. I'll post more when I have more to share!

I had CO2 lasering exactly as you've done. That was 13 years ago and the result is still quite remarkable. On the fourth night after surgery, I was miserable. My eyes kept watering, or so I thought. When I got up the next morning, nearly all the swelling was gone. What I'd felt was the water "leaking" from underneath the skin. After that, it was just a matter of getting rid of the redness. On me that took about nine months. But make-up, expecially a green stick, covered the redness really well. You look great now and will look just that much better in about two weeks. Keep your chin up!
Im so excited, Can't wait to see more of your results. Im having the smae done and cant wait to see how you look, You are very Beautiful.
I can't wait to see more of your results,, Im going to have the same done. I found your posting and now I am waiting to see how your doing. YOu looked wonderful before so im sure after you heal you will be drop dead beautiful:.)

It is now Day 8 after surgery and I'm looking much...

It is now Day 8 after surgery and I'm looking much better.  I have experienced some dry eyes and my plastic surgeon recommended I start using Restasis (perscription that cost $280 without insurance!  Yikes!  There is no generic) and that has helped a lot.  The Restasis helps your eyes produce more of their own natural tears.  So, I'm using that twice a day and the Refresh tears about 6-8 times a day.  The redness is more pink now and most of the skin is all healed over (FINALLY).   The main issue with the lasered areas is itchiness, due to the healing.

I think by Friday it is going to be OK to wear make-up (doc said it was ok by then).  Today is my last day of wearing Aquaphor all over my eyes, so I'll be glad to finish that up.  It's so annoying having your hair stick to your face and get all gross.  Ick.

I also have to warn you if you have an office job where you are on the computer a lot you should take frequent breaks.  My eyes get very tired looking at the computer for most of the day.  The doctor told me that I should expect this.    My conjunctiva is swollen and that is why I have the dry eye and the tired eyes.

I'm already very glad I did this and I think the most important thing is to find a very good and experienced FACIAL or occouplastic surgeon.   My surgery was not inexpensive by any means but think how much it could cost you if you are not pleased with the results and there are problems and you have to go to another surgeon to fix them?  I read that your best opportunity for an optimal outcome is your FIRST surgery.  It becomes more complex and risky with subsequent surgeries.

Thank you to all of you who have written comments.  I appreciate it and thanks for the nice things some of you said!  :)

me ? I will have my daughter take some recent new photos ....I still love my eyes ! Thanks so much !
Could you post a picture of yourself 2 to 3 weeks post surgery

I would love to see some after photos now that you're all healed! I have to say, you had absolutely gorgeous eyes beforehand, so they must be positively stunning now!

Hi! I am still pleased with the results and it has...

Hi! I am still pleased with the results and it has been almost three years. I have some wrinkles and crepey skin under my eyes again now that some time has passed. Things have just "settled" and believe it or not all the swelling didn't go away for a year. I didn't realize I was still a tad swollen until later when I looked back at pictures. Overall, absolutely no regrets!
Hi Anne: Thank you for your posting. I am having upper and lower eyelid surgery tomorrow 1/3/2014. My xmas gift to me. I am nervous. I am also have a total face CO2 Laser. Are you still happy with your results. I am mostly nervous about the lower eye surgery because of the risks of dry eye, etc. sometimes not showing up for many months post surgery. Did you experience anything negative.
Thinking about you today!  I hope you are doing well :)
hi, could you add some nex pics :)
Marietta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Experienced facial plastic surgeon. Uses new techniques and works in a teaching hospital environment.