I Love my EYES - Atlanta, GA

It was so worth IT. It took me about 6 months to...

It was so worth IT. It took me about 6 months to find a surgeon that I felt comftable with and one who had 2 licenses. He was a General Surgeon and a Reconstructive Suregeon and could operate at numerous hospitals. He had no complaints or law suits that I could find in the last 10 years. When I went for the consultation it was free and he was very surprise to know I knew ALL about him. Do your homework ladies. The day before I had the surgery someone ask me "Are you tired?" I thought thats why I'm doing this. I did it for me not for ANYONE else. My doctors  in Atlanta, GA he is the greatest and I will definetly be going back to get some other things done.. I LOVE MY EYES I look 20 years younger...LOL My recovery time was start to end 7 days! little bruising or swelling! I'll come back and add before and after.

I would do this again definetly...I am so please...

I would do this again definetly...I am so please that I followed through. I was afraid at times. I even cancelled my appointment BUT called back the same day and ask was it still open! Lucky me....  All I would say is just do your homework and check out your doctor take your list of questions with you to consultation and don't be afraid to ask!

small note: my nose is really not that big..LOL its the camera angle

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Looks great what exactly was your procedure called
How many months after surgery did you see results that you liked ? Also when did you take your post op picture? I had surgery over a month ago .
Wow, that looks really professional. You looked fine before but now you look much prettier with your bigger looking eyes.
So, I called Dr. Griffin today and plan to go to Atlanta to meet with him for a consultation. I will let you all know what I think. Again, I'm African American and very concerned about scarring. I also want my eyes to look very natural and not like their being pulled.
I wish you the best!!! I think you will like and and be very confident that he knows what he's talking about. Let me know the outcome..
What eye procedure did you get? Does it still look good now from 2008? Thanks
I am african American and considering having my unde eyes done. Thanks so much for your post. I live in mississippi but will be traveling to georgia to have it done.
I think you will like Dr. Griffin ... i was very at ease when I met with him
Wow! 1 month our you look amazing!
Please can you provide me with the phone number of Dr John M.Griffin, MD? Thank you,
thanks for the review my dear, hope that I will get the chance to do mine

Hello Liznatl, Who was your surgeon? I would love to see the rest of his work on African Americans. I have a couple of issues and would like to see the end result of what I need on other African Americans in the same age bracket as myself. Please let me know. Thanks for lending you info to Realself. I had been helpful!

Hi I would like see more work on more other African American
Your eyes look great. Im interested in this procedure, but I live in Chicago and I'm very nervous being African American that my skin will scar from the incisions. Thus far I haven't found anyone who I trust with my skin and condition. I will give your doctor a call and possibly make the trip to ATL for the procedure. Thanks for sharing as your eyes looks better than any of the eyes from the Chicago doctors before and afters.
ULook Awesome
how do you check the background of the doctor? btw your eyes look really good.
Hey liznatl, just checking in with ou to see how your eyes are doing 5 years later. Chat back. Best, Chrystal.
Hi Chrystal, Eyes are STILL doing great no problems and no recurring puffyiness/bags and someone told me it would happen..NOT I still feel its the best thing I could have ever done for myself. No regets!
I am so happy for you! I am so glad that you did your research and did not wind up like me. Thank goodness you did your homework. Glad to hear that you are still happy. I am happy with my redo that was done after my botch job, thank goodness for the men and women who truly dedicate themselves to the ethics of medicine and consider the patient first. So good to hear from you. Best, Chrystal
Hi Chrystal! I think I'm starting to figure out how this site works. I've been so thankful for all the powerful sharing you've done on RealSelf. Now I'm seeing from others' posts what a remarkable difference it makes to "do your homework" and find a doctor who is properly qualified and is also a good fit for you personally as well. My husband now has a consultation in 2 weeks with a local ( we live in Upper Michigan) plastic surgeon who has been practicing for more than 20 years. Cannot thank you enough for sharing your LSL experience. you've truly taken a heartbreaking situation and used it to help others. I plan to keep educating myself here! Bless you!
Thanks Suzyque518 for the kind words. I am only trying to get women and men to think the entire process through. You cannot get sidetracked by a commercial and promises made by "marketing". They are only out for one thing and that is the signature on the dotted line. I am so glad that you did your homework and found a reputable surgeon. Best to you, Chrystal
That is great..can you look at my post..I'm having my upper and lower lids done on April 2..three more days...the uppers are being covered by my insurance and the lower I'm paying for..I've been dealing with this since my early 20s..I'm 32 now..I'm so excited to get this done..and an Occuplastic surgeon is doing it..i also have a lazy eye..but my surgeon is known for helping with disfigurements

I'm afican American had lower eyelid surgery 12 days ago and no bags but scars on each side of cease will it go anyway what if anything can I do please email me ..****.com

What exactly did u check for doctors ? And was it pretty quick recovery? I would love to do it-I may have the uppers done 1st tho by opthomologist because I'm having other issues...but would love to get rid of the dark circles & such--great results--looks good!!!!
Hi my name vanessa your eyes looks so great to me send me his ey email address