Day 4 After Laser Resurfacing for Acne Scarring on Cheeks - Atlanta, GA

In my 50s, I had acne scarring on my cheeks that...

In my 50s, I had acne scarring on my cheeks that bothered me since high school. Met a dermatologist at social event that said "why don't you let me fix your face" (though my face has never kept me from getting a job or boyfriends and husband of 35 years), I said ok. Used Quadralase CO2 laser, with numbing cream prior.

This is not for the faint of heart. Luckily I can telecommute---not sure I will make business trip to San Francisco on July 11. Pain is now manageable with Tylenol but I hate the constant "seeping."

EVERYONE assures me that it is like childbirth and when you see the results (in a few weeks/months) you will forget about the pain and discomfort...so I will provide periodic updates.

I do think doctors should show the before and "afters" at various stages of afters. Had I known this, I doubt that I would have done it, quite frankly.

Now 7 months post laser resurfacing and I am...

Now 7 months post laser resurfacing and I am disappointed with the results. The acne scarring (which wasn't real deep) is gone, but I have to still fight redness that I didn't have before, using green cover-up under makeup to minimize it. So pros, and cons, and it can't be undone, I'm not totally unhappy, but I am disappointed overall.