About to Have Revision Surgery - Atlanta, GA

I got a chin implant one year ago because I wanted...

I got a chin implant one year ago because I wanted to improve my profile. Unfortunately, it shifted shortly after the surgery. I didn't have any trauma to the area. It just shifted - by a lot - which left my chin looking and feeling lopsided.

I went back to Dr. Whiteman 3 times over the next few months complaining of the problem, but he wouldn't acknowledge it. Even though the implant was so high on one side that it was showing under my gums and so low on the other side that the corner was sticking out a bit at the jaw line, he insisted that it was swelling or abnormal bone growth.

I felt that he wasn't being straight with me because the problem was obvious and he was refusing to see it. So I consulted another plastic surgeon. It took her all of ten seconds to confirm that the implant was in fact displaced. She speculated that the pocket had been made too large. She removed the implant. It had to be left out for a couple of months. I'm having another implant put in this week.

There was some back and forth with Dr. Whiteman to work out what his financial responsibility would be. In the end, he paid for the removal and refunded the amount I originally paid so I could get the revision surgery done by my new doctor. It's more than he's strictly obligated to give me, but less than I deserve considering everything I'm having to go through to get it fixed and how long I had to endure a lopsided chin due to his misdiagnosis.

Update: My new doctor put in a new implant a...

Update: My new doctor put in a new implant a couple of weeks ago. The swelling has gone down and so far it looks good. It's even and well proportioned and looks natural both face forward and in profile. I'm a bit concerned about the wings curling up a little rather than following the jaw line. I'll have to ask about that. It might not be perfect, but it's much improved.

So was it worth 3 surgeries and a year's worth of anxiety and annoyance? I still say "no." In comparison to how I looked before, the difference is slight. At least now my appearance is slightly improved, rather than diminished.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Whiteman seems to have done the surgery poorly considering how it shifted almost immediately after the surgery. He is very personable and responds quickly to calls, but failed to give me straight answers when I had a problem with my implant.