DON'T Do It!! Brow Lift - Ignore ALL of the YES Answers - Atlanta, GA

In Atlanta GA - supposedly the best surgeon in...

In Atlanta GA - supposedly the best surgeon in Atlanta, most expensive, too - had eyelid surgery combined with brow lift. I am SIX months post surgery - STILL having to put ointment in my eyes for sleeping -for months my left eye would not close properly. I have asymmetry of the lids - it was severe for months, but is better now - so everyone will know you've had the work done. On the forehead, I have swelling, bumpiness, sharp tingling and shooting pains, and a large patch of numbness on the scalp. It is terrible to not be able to feel your scalp.

My bottomline - DON't DO this surgery. I think surgeons still push it for $s and it was what they learned YEARS ago. With Botox and Fillers - you will have better results without the surgery. This is a MAJOR surgery - Don't Do IT. Sure, I have had a bad result - but it is WAY TOO RISKY to do this surgery. I have decided I will never have any procedures again - and have accepted my age and am relieved that I wasn't disfigured (noticeably) but would NEVER recommend this to Anyone.

Important to consider: this is a major...

Important to consider:

• this is a major surgery, given the length of recovery time;
  • the psychological implications of this surgery are significant - remember you are taking a risk with your face - the most prominent feature of your appearance;
  • surgeons make their most money doing surgeries, not Botox and fillers - so they will try to convince you to do a surgery;
  • surgeons have trained for many years and will push you toward surgery - walk away from it;
  • if you walk into a doctor's office waiting room and they have removed ALL magazines and the ONLY reading material is glossy brochures on their plastic surgery/cosemetic procedures - this should be a giant clue that this is a money-making industry and you will not be getting objective recommendations - you will be be given a sell job by the doctor and all of his/her assistants.
  • I strongly recommend you spend your money on a trip, new wardrobe pieces, a favorite hobby, etc. and not plastic surgery. Even if your insurance covers the cost - it is simply not worth the risk. Your face represents all that your life has been - from the difficult to the wonderful and beautiful. Ignore the pressures to change it.

NO STARS - he is an arrogant jerk - most well known plastic surgeon in Atlanta