The Countdown Begins! - Atlanta, GA

Wow! Where do I begin?! I have always been sooo...

Wow! Where do I begin?! I have always been sooo self-conscious about my booty. Every since I was a young girl, the boys pointed out that while I had plenty of boobs, I had NO butt. I have accelerated in many areas in life - I have degrees, a great career what allows me to travel and explore, and wonderfully supportive friends and family, however, I have never been happy with the shape of my body. I'm not one of the girls who jumped on the booty bandwagon after Kim K and Beyonce' became famous. (NO offense to those that did :) But I say that to say that this has been a life long struggle for me. I am African American and in our community if you don't have booty, you are completely ignored. I am not doing it to get a man, but it would be nice to walk by a man and not feel completely embarrassed when he turns to look at your assets and the look of disappointment on his face when he finds NONE! Awkward.

For many years, I have not wanted to walk in front of people, wear clothes tucked into my pants, and everything I wear has to cover my butt. It's a headache, and I decided that I would finally have done the procedure I have been researching for years! I know everyone has something that they may not be comfortable about and some people may call it crazy, but these people do not have to shop with me, live with me, or try on JEANS with me! So I am putting myself first and doing this for ME!

I do have some fears: 1. Some people say that the pain is intense! 2. Though I'm ready with my response, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was concerned about what people may say. I know a lot of people and do not want my butt to be the talk of the town. 3. Not sitting for weeks! 4. RESULTS! I'm not looking to have a Nicki Minaj butt, but I also don't want to spend $7k and have all of the fat reabsorb! 5. Praying for a speedy recovery with no complications.

Reading the stories of people on this site has been such a help to me, so I cannot help but share my experience with someone who may be considering this procedure as well. I have scheduled my surgery for Mid-December and will keep you all updated on my progress!

I am so nervous and am trying to make sure I have...

I am so nervous and am trying to make sure I have everything that I need for the procedure. I just hope that recovery is better than I expect it to be. Can't believe I'll have a booty in less than 2 weeks!

Yesterday was part one of my surgery. Lipo lipo...

Yesterday was part one of my surgery. Lipo lipo lipo! I was soooo nervous going into it but everything worked out well. I must admit, I was very uncomfortable afterwards. The pain mess helped a lot. Not Pain per se, but very very sore. Lots of fluid draining. My good friend is taking care of me quite well. I really like Dr. Dodds! She was very down to earth and her staff was great as well. So tomorrow I'm going in for massages and Thursday she will inject the fat for the BBL. I will keep you all updated..

It's been a while since I've written and I still...

It's been a while since I've written and I still have to post some pics but 9 months after the procedure, I can say that it's actually not all that I expected. The lipo gave me great results, however, when it comes to the fullness of the butt, I just didn't get it. I have scheduled to return to have the remaining fat injected. Honestly, If I had to do it over again, I probably would go to one of the Dr's in South Florida. I'm not sure if maybe I just have the kind of fat or skin that doesn't take as well, but I was looking forward to a bit more. Hopefully when I return, I will be able to have the results that I was initially hoping for. Is my shape different? Yes. Better? Yes. Do I feel more confident? Yes. Do I have a big ole' booty? No. So I'd probably give it a grade of B-/C+.
Dr. Nedra Dodds

Hey BBB. When is your date?
I hope you don't have to pay again. Good to know you can go back. What made you pick Dr. dodds?
I hope things turn out better for you this time around. Are you going with a different Dr. this time?
I'm going with the same doctor. I have some fat frozen and she's going to use that fat. It wasn't a HORRIBLE outcome, just not exactly what I'd wanted. Thanks for the well wishes :)
you're welcome. (Wow.. this is the first time I've heard of this technique!) I hope you let us know how it turns out.
Any updates? Are you happy with results?
Hey hope you're healing ok!! :)
Good Luck! Please give us more details on this 2 part procedure. You'll look fab hunny
Yes Lana and Cupcakes. Sometimes she will do the procedure in two parts. The first - lipo and the second, injection. I had quite a bit of fat to lipo and she will only do what is medically safe because she uses local anaesthesia. I actually wish I could have had it all done at once, but she says it will be better this way. Tomorrow I will have the injections. I had massages today and it actually felt pretty good. Very nauseous off and on today. Thanks for your prayers!! I need it!
yes I would like more detail too when you are up to it.. Never heard of that but atleast it gives your body a little bit of a rest before injection. I can't wait to see the new curves.. We are all praying for ya!!
See below.
All the best tomorrow!. So Wait she takes out the fat first?? Then does the fat grafting the next day with it?! Awesome if you feel better I was wandering if you could give me more details on this!
See below.
Congrats and Good Luck on your up coming BBL!!!
Thanks Lovely! Have you done it?
Best 0f luck on your surgery! It is well! :)
Thanks soooo much for your well wishes!
just a week away!!! I know you will turn out awesome!!
Thanks Rosa! Part 1 done!
glad its all going well. part 1? had no idea that they could do one part and then wait to inject the fat. how long can the fat be out of the body before its no longer good?
closer and closer girl!! I am sooo excited for you... Cant wait to see the new you!! You are in our prayers. You are going to do just great..
Awwwww thanks!!! I am nervous, but excited! Finally gonna have a shape I can be proud to show off! Thanks for your prayers! :)
Yes it is Slush!!! I can't wait :)
Your date is getting closer. :)
Hey its almost time!!! I know ur excited! What are you measurements if u don't mind me asking and ur starting weight. I'm so afraid I won't go down after my surgery bcuz i didn't after my TT so I like to know what everyone's measurements are before and after :)