Botox Blues (Age 23)

I am 23 and just recently got botox for the first...

i am 23 and just recently got botox for the first time, 25 units. after giving it two weeks to work its magic, with not much result i went back. he said my mucles are young and strong so i needed 15 more units. still with not much improvement i went back today for my post op lipo visit, and assumed to have him fix what still was not right. today he tells me its just my strong mucles, and wants to charge me again!!!!! this would have put me at 55 units just between my eyes and spending $700...

pros well there is just one, there was a slight improvement in crease.

i had been wanting it for years so i would stop scrunching my face. i was so excited!!!! it was such a let down. and now i feel like i wasted 500 dollars just to have him tell me it would be at least 200 more.

Is this normal or is he ripping me off?

is this normal or is he ripping me off?

the doctor really did not seem to care how excited i had been or how crushed i was about it not working. only how much more money he could squeeze out of me.

Botox actually causes wrinkles in other places on your face. It freezes certain facial muscles, but other muscles start to overcompensate when you make facial expressions, so you develop wrinkles where you didn't have them before.
Here's an important question? What is your doctor's specialty? You have to go see a trained dermatologist. I personally believe in the board-certified and fellowship trained doctors. So seek out one that has the credentials. Good luck!
I don't think you are too young for Botox if the lines are prominent....it could be a heredetary issue as it's my case. I began using Botox at age 27, and initially worried that I was too young. However, the longer you wait the more prominent lines will get and more units will be needed....it's a personal choice. That being said, 55 units is way too much for one area, I am not a dr. but that doesn't sound right. If he really put 55 units he needs to stop. I am 34 and I have used 55 unis successfully in three areas (forehead -20, between the eyes -20, crowsfeet -15). Stop now, wait three or four months and try it again with a different dr. Have you post this question here for doctors to respond? Hope everything works out for you.
thank you to the only person who gave me their opinion on my question, and not their opinion on how much or what kind of work i should be having done 23. i will be finding a new doctor to do what this one couldn't seem to.
What are you going to do at 45 ? Stop messing with Botox at 23, that is plain silly.
what i am going to do at 45 is still look 32! and why is it ever silly to do something to help your self image? it is silly not to fix something if it bothers you! why would i wait 22 years to fix something if it is a concern now? in addition i would also like to know why it is silly to prevent wrinkles? women spend so much money getting rid of them... why is it silly to spend money to stop them when they are starting? how old are you? dont you wish you looked younger? why would i wanna stop looking young? i guess i am just failing to see the silly part....
It might interest you to know that when I was 35 I easily passed for 27. After the botox at 36, I now look 45. If there is a mistake (and there was a big one in my case) botox can make you look much, much older. You are having a lot of it. I got this bad result on much less than half of what you are having. Take photos of your face at rest, smiling and frowning from all angles now. Don't forget what you actually look like. Take care.
I would have been more grateful for the botox not to have worked than to have ended up with the botox disaster I currently have. You are 23. Stop worrying about wrinkles for another ten to fifteen years at least. And stop wasting your money. I am sure you look fabulous just the way you are.
you are very right i do look fabulous the way i am, and would like very much to continue looking this fabulous. if i dont worry about these lines for ten or fifteen years i will be paying to fixsomething instead of paying to prevent it. how is that better?
It is your face and your decision. Before you continue, please read some of the disaster stories on this website. Some people have botox for years and years only to end up with a bad result eventually. A botox mess up takes months and months out of your life while you wait and hope that you will get your old face back. Believe me, bad botox can be a life-wrecking event. I am living it right now and have been for months. Please just be careful.