Can't Wait to Get my Tt - Astoria, NY

Will be going for a tummytuck december 19. I had...

Will be going for a tummytuck december 19. I had both my boys very young so my stomach was always flat. But now at 35 I had a baby girl, fast forward a yr and my stomach still looks like I'm in my second trimester and I hate it. So I decided to endure the pain of a tummytuck and finally get it done during xmas break.

Before Pics in 8 days and I will finally go thru with this Yikes!

So I will be going for my surgery in 8 days and Im excited and nervous and worried about my recuperation Im a mother of three and now my hubby will have to do it all, I know sitting at home doing nothing is gonna drive me crazy but I have to get plenty of rest if I want to get the best results.

Things to buy preop?

Today I will go get my comfy pillows and neck pillow too I heard that will help since initially I will be sleeping in a chair that reclines a bit for the first few days. I will also get a stand up tray for my food and meds, I think I have everything else. If anyone knows of anything that really helped them out post opt please let me know I heard pineapples or even pineapple tea helps with swelling so I will try that and I have also read I should start drinking stool softner pills a couple of days before TT but my doc hasn't said anything. One thing Im not happy about is me having to stop my birth control pill, its gonna be a pain in the but to get my cycle right and get back on those post op. :/

I did it!

After surgery my pain level was a ten now that I'm home its a five. I will see the doc in the am so ill get to see my scar. Ill post pics
As soon as I can walk without hunching over.

8 days post op.

Feeling btr. Walking around still a lil hunched over though. Sleeping btr. But I cant wait to be able to sleep on my side again. My tummy feels super tight I try my best not to sneeze cough or laugh out loud. My husband has been a great help I couldn't have done this without him and I am very happy with my decision to do this. The first 4 days were the worst but after that it gets btr. What I dont enjoy is the swelling but it comes with the territory :)

little bleeding is this normal?

Hi all. I went to the doc today and he said all was well and I will see him again on the 12th of jan. Oh yeah and I still have to wear my c.g. 24/7. But I just notice bright red blood on my shirt I looked and there's a little part on my incision where I'm bleeding. The spot was the size of a quarter I called the doc he said to put gauze over it and loosen my c.g. and that this isn't uncommon when one takes the tape off which I did today. Has anyone experienced this?

in hospital for 5 days

Jan. 1st @ 2 am left to the hospital with a 103 degree fever. My blood pressure was way low then high. I had a severe case of cellulitis on my wound and down my legs. They were monitoring very closely I was in a very very bad state. I had the in house trauma surgeon ,cardiologist, infectious disease doc and regular doc checking on my twice a day. They were worried that the infection would get in my blood (sepsis) but it didn't they treated me with a bunch of IV antibiotics and Sunday night the released me. I prayed a lot and came to the conclusion that if I knew that this was going to happen to me I wouldn't have done this. But upon reading this does happen to about 10% of ppl who get this surgery. My PS called me on a daily spoke to the house doc but never came to see me. I would not recommend this doc. He is very very uncaring. I have never had a visit that's lasted more than five minutes. $ is all he cares about. But thank god I'm okay at home and I'm about to go see my regular doc.

New Pic, loving my tiny waist.....

So its been almost 5 weeks now and I don't feel any pain Im heeling well but I still feel sore after sitting at my desk for awhile then getting up and I can sleep on my side. My doc says I can start the silicone strips next month I cant wait because the middle of the incision is pretty clear but the sides not so much. I sneezed about 2 weeks ago and heard something pop but I checked everything looked okay and I wasn't in pain so I didn't make a big deal about it. For now Ill take it easy in late Feb. I will start working out and will finally be able to pick up my toddler, I have missed that. :)

Cant stand CG garment ;/

Oh yeah Im still wearing my spanks from morn to night I hate them but its a must I refuse to sleep in them though, do any of you guys sleep with your cg garment on?

New pics, week 6, :)

Im 6 weeks post op. And feeling good I am sleeping on my side and doing pretty much everything I use to do except any lifting. I still haven't started the silicone strips my doc says I can start next week and I cant wait because my scar is way dark. Im happy I did this even though I had a scare with that staph infection that had me hospitalized and on bed rest for a week. I have lost 8lbs and Id like to loose 6 more. But if I don't I'm fine staying at the weight I am now which is 141.
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

This docs bedside manner is zero. He us short very matter of fact and just plain uncaring. I feel rushed in each and every visit I've had with him which each one lasted less then five minutes. I feel all he cares about is $. I wouldn't recommend at all.