A Biltmore Lift Beautiful Neck! - Asheville, NC

Realself is the best of everything an internet...

Realself is the best of everything an internet site should be. I have read and researched on it nearly effortlessly. I am having a Biltmore Lift, midface and neck lift with eyelift on Sept 11th st Dr. Harley's in Asheville NC
I Read about Lilygirl and renaissance lady on realself and realized how much they helped make the decision. So here is my foray into reviews. I will be adding updates along the road to recovery.
Am leaving my island home on Seabourne air for Puerto Rico and then on to Atlanta and Asheville with my first appointment tomorrow for initial visit.
Wish me luck!
My photos are without makeup btw

Sad eyes soon to be Smiling!

Hello again, arrived yesterday evening in Asheville, Christie from TLC picked me up and took me my hotel - slept like a baby. And this morning up early for Susie the owner of TLC to pick me up brief me on what exactly they do to take care of Dr Harley's patients and drive me to my appointment.
Dr Harley is soft spoken who listens to what I have to say first, answering questions completely and giving me his opinion of what will yield the most natural results. He has no hard sell. Juanita is helpful also and I meet Kelly his nurse. I decide on the Biltmore lift, midface and neck lift under local anesthesia with an upper eye lift and filler injected into my "puppet lines" which recently have turned my face into a frown at rest. Loss of volume from aging and gravity!
Susie gets my rx filled for me and sorts out what my preferences are for my upcoming recovery at the hotel. I am so ready to do this now! It was definitely worth the extra time and flights.
Wish me well I'm off of aspirin and will start taking arnica Montana and adding pineapple and fresh blueberries daily.

Travel pillow check!

One of the items I was told to buy was a travel pillow
This one was the foam microbead squishy with ultimate
Twistability LOL and it was crazy cheerful. Had to get it...

I was asked why today

One of the two persons who know what I am doing -asked me why I was doing a biltmore lift.
I said "Gravity is a powerful force."
Visiting Dr Harley and seeing literally hundreds of "before and after photographs" on his ipad, was amazing. They ALL looked real, simply as if it was a great day, they looked relaxed, happy, beautifully themselves. This was no cookie cutter barbie doll imitation assembly line. This was artistry. I am looking forward to looking the best version of myself.
Ps I wear glasses this is me with my glasses on the other photos were close ups to show the areas affected by gravity

Buying spree

Have arnica Montana tiny little pills to dissolve under my tongue
And pineapple and blueberries in my refrigerator.
Not to mention ice packs and a couple of gel cool eyemasks
Am packed and soooooo ready!
Only 12 days to go!

5 more days

Counting down the days like a child waiting for school to let out for summer and sweet freedom!
Have read and reread reviews and am excited. Packing is problematic though - am going to three states on a month long trip and am trying to sort out how to pack the minimum so I don't strain dragging around airports with suitcases! Which is a no no after facial and eye surgery! Any tips?

One day post op!

I am done and this is 24 hrs later!

side views 2 days out

Slept most of last 2 days and most of today! Some pain around my eyes the first night and some pain in sideburns today. All controllable with oral meds. Again Ice is my friend and TLC inc is a lifesaver Have bee told the two worst days of recovery are probably 3 and 4th day...

Day three photo's

Brace yourself the eyes are spectacularly bruised and remember no make up and I had upper and lowers done. I am Exhausted today, just slept and slept and then would you believe it slept some more. Staying in a hotel with TLC for you, well it has made me feel pampered, taken care of, lots of laughter and they do all of it from picking you up at the airport on. If I am sleeping I hardly know they are here, unless I need their help. I can already tell how much improved my neck is!

Day 4 chin incision

It doesn't show much now, will be nearly invisible when it heals and the stitches are out.

Close ups of eyes

Two photos of eyes
Post upper And lowers

day 6

no makeup bruising seems to be getting better!

Durablend Makeup

and my eyebrow pencil and a lipgloss,
though if you look closely the surgistrip tapes still
there between my eyes - glasses cover a a lot!

I went out yesterday

TLC for you is the company that makes it possible for people like myself to fly thousands of miles and sort out everything from lodging to meals and 24 hr care as needed. Susie is the owner and she took me out to lunch and I felt so comfortable. No one stared, and yes I still have tape on my my face and bruises - yet for 6 days out from surgery I am
ecstatic! I feel so lucky to have Dr. Harley at Biltmore Plastic Surgery and TLC. It has been an adventure.

Stitches gone!

Took about three minutes
One tiny pinch and done
Still have chin tape and on my ears tape on earlobes

Eyelid scars

One more of eyes closed

A little makeup today

I am a bit tired thought I had lost my passport and was frantic yesterday! Stress is a beast.
Thankfully all is well an passport was located! Photo comparison between day before surgery to now 8 days later

9 days

Used cover up on under eye bruises
I stay as low salt diet as possible and only drink water! Hope that It is helping !

Just before eye tape came off two days ago

My eyes are healing well

Stomach flu is a BAD thing!!!

Am hoping my chin incision will hold, had a bad case of stomach flu and was miserable - that kind of heaving and straining is not recommended 10 days after a facelift!
Could keep nothing down for 12 hours so I am worried I did damage and hopeful I will be fine at the same time. Will call Dr. H in the morning if it doesn't look better.
Here are photos of my eyes makeup free
and my chin which is a bit lumpy right now sadly

Chin scan is fine!

I am relieved that nothing seems to be a problem and I feel better - who knew a stomach fly could cause such panic? LOL

Chin scar

Oops

In make up!

Eyes 13 days out

No makeup

Hello again!

It is just 15 days post biltmore lift and eye lift. I am extremely happy. This is the me I remembered seeing in the mirror before a a year of losing loved ones left me aged and sad in appearance all the time.
I have a list of things I think were extremely helpful if you are considering a Biltmore lift.
TLC either get TLC For You, who are professionals and amazing seriously they spoil you and the food is customized to what you want. OR have someone(s) who will cater to you completely and help you the first 72 hrs. You are paying for a specific result, make sure you get the after care you need for the best possible result!
OK and to buy:
Arnica Montana, the little pills
Arnica Montana, the clear gel for bruises
A cute travel pillow is essential GET TWO! one will get icky from bacitracin and you will want a new one after the first week
I used pillows under the mattress -between the mattress and box springs - as a wedge to keep my head up
I did not ice much, just the first 24 hrs - for some reason the icepacks made me uncomfortable
I bought large Lands End Oxford mens shirts and washed them and used them as nighties the first 4 days. They are soft cotton, roomy, cover you up well and no worries of anything catching on your neck or ears when you change because they button up the front. (I actually bought my shirts on ebay and then laundered them)
Dermablend makeup was well worth the investment for bruise camouflage
I now am using Mederma with sunscreen 30 daytime
and silicone strips for scars at night.
I have no visible scars on my eyelids
and my chin scar is fading daily
the ears are a bit pink but fading also.

a better no makeup photo

only slight bruises left

Bruises under eyes almost completely gone!

A little lipgloss can do a girl a world of good, the
bruises are continuing to fade.
There is the oddest sensation in my ears, not painful,
just an extra awareness of them. I wear glasses and they
have been mostly numb since the surgery. The nerves must be waking up.
I also have to say the me derma feels SO GOOD on my ears now where the incisions are.

the other ear

Not bad for 58 years old is it?
Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juanita has been extremely patient and helpful in arranging a long distance consultation and appointments that are convenient for someone commuting from the carribbean. Also arranging go for me to connect with Suaie at TLC for You, Inc. as I will be in Asheville at a hotel alone post procedure and will needed TLC AM SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS!

Can't wait to hear what your family and friends say! Have a safe trip home. I think one of the most important issues with one's surgery is self-esteem. Your smile tells it all! Lilygirl
Looks great~
You letter better&better each day. :)
So pleased this has been a positive experience for you!
you look amazing :) Your ps did such a Great job!
thank you - he is great!
YW :)
So glad you're feeling better Caribe! What a stressful time that must have been for you!
Sorry to hear about the stomach flu. :/ UGH! I hope you feel better ASAP. This too shall pass. Literally,i know. No pun intended. But you are looking great.
You look fantastic! So happy for you. When do you return home? Your eyes look great; I love your neck and face. Lilygirl
I have to go home end of the month but not to work until the 8th! Thank you for all your encouragement.
Caribbeangal, you are healing wonderfully! I know you're happy with your results! Thanks for the pictures!! Lilygirl
May I ask which technique was used for your lower eyes ..are there stitches and where. Thanks Kim
I haven't any scars on bottom, but the upper lids have scars very faint already in the creases of the eye
Your eyes look great. I'll probably return to Dr H in 10'ish years for the eyes. Might need a little "face-re-tightening" by then too! ;)
Cemlaw: My thoughts exactly… Caribbeangal: wonderful results, but not surprised. Been there, done that on the passport too. Frantic is not the word! Relax and take it easy and enjoy the wonderful weather here in Asheville…just perfect.
Cemlaw- You do understand passport paranoia! I do not write as well as you have - when I read your posts I can picture you in Italy smiling!
Your eyes rock, you look lovely
Thank you! For just a week out I am so happy!
Are you Happy with your results?
It looks sooo much better than I expected - I don't look done and the swelling is mild I was never stunningly lovely and I did not want to look odd - somehow dr harley manage the exact artistry to make me look rested and happier - I love it
I am so happy you are very pleased with your results. you are lovely :) and by the time it all heals up you will be looking Fab! YAY! TGIF
Your eyes look excellent, I think he did a perfect job.
Thank you so much - I am so grateful and happy -