While They Are Beautiful - They Are Easy to Break - Arlington, VA

My teeth are very nice. They look natural and the...

My teeth are very nice. They look natural and the color is nice etc. The process is really not bad at all - a little Novocaine is needed. It is not a short process by any means but my new dentist has his own machine in his office which cuts out waiting for the lab to send them back.

I say new dentist because he has spent the last few years fixing the veneers I got about 8 years ago that at this point that have broken at least 2 or more times each. Veneers are not as strong as some people claim they will be. I cannot bite down on an apple or eat corn on the cob - not a big deal to have nice teeth but you never know what can cause an issue. I regret doing it.

My teeth were fine but I let myself get talked into the veneers to fix something that really could have been fixed nicely other ways. Also remember - your teeth may still be yours underneath - but they are a much smaller version so you can never go without fixing your veneers if you want to have a normal smile. They are beautiful but there are risks and they are higher maintenance in my opinion than they should have to be. .

Dr. Richard Gruntz

My new dentist is terrific and has fixed the previous mess - the old dentist - I wouldn't send my worst enemy to him - Dr. G is wonderful.