Abs & Flanks 6/19 Laser Aesthetics Body & Wellness Arlington, TN.

I have finally decided to get the Smart Lipo...

I have finally decided to get the Smart Lipo procedure performed on my upper & low abs, back, & flanks during June 2012. I have always had an athletic build; I've participated in sport since my teens. Even when I was at peak performance, I have always carried a few extra lbs in my mid section. Finally, I have decided to address this area. I am excited & nervous at the sametime. I cant wait & I will update you all throughout my process. My doctor name is Brett A. Campfield, MD. (Clinic: Laser Aesthetics Body & Wellness)

Ok, so I am having mixed thoughts about my...

Ok, so I am having mixed thoughts about my procedure. Well, in choosing the right doctor.....1st let me start by saying I have seen my current docwork & he has done well. However, I have been viewing plenty of other ppls reviews/pictures on this site & I am really liking Dr. Mendieta results (luv his work); he's seems to be great at sculpting curves. I am also liking Dr. Stanley Okoro, MD in ATL., mainly for his overall sliming results. The only things is.......I've already put down my 20% down payment + paid 2.5k towards my procedure & they do not give refunds (bummer).

Plus, another reason I am having mixed thoughts, is because I haven't seen enough pics of ppl w/ my body type + I am wanting a more sculpted look, rather than just going flat.

I have a doc appointment coming up soon; I will ensure I share my concerns/wants w/ my doc. Plus, sometimes in the near future I will also share some before pics; although, I am kind of nervous due to the fact this is the world wide web :/

I've finally posted some before pics. I had a...

I've finally posted some before pics. I had a follow-up Pre-Op visit w/ my doc yesterday. My thoughts have eased a bit....just a bit. I've asked to see more pics, however, due to privacy reasons they were able to show me additional pics. One of the nurses stated that's why it's so hard to advertise, because no one wants anyone to know they've gotten the operation. I plan to lose another 10-12 lbs before my operation, so I can be pleased w/ my results. Hopefully, I do not experience any sagging after the operation; I think I have a good amount of elasticity in my skin & I currently don't have any cellulite. I am suppose to follow up w/ a massage therapist today to book my 1st post op message. I've heard it's suppose to help w/ drainage & lumping. Does anyone a disagree w/ the post op messages? Also, I've decided only to get my Upper/ Lower & Flanks done. The doc & I think I have much upper back fat. However, he stated he will go up a little bit on my back for blending purposes......What do you all think of this?

BTW....... Im 5'7.5 tall 188 lbs Waist: 36...

BTW.......
Im 5'7.5 tall
188 lbs
Waist: 36 inches
Age: 29

Ok, so I had another visit yesterday; my procedure...

Ok, so I had another visit yesterday; my procedure date is official & approaching soon. I must say that I am a little nervous & pray to God I get results that I will love love w/ no complications. I'm a little scared, because I just started reading all the negative reviews some ppl have experienced, but Im trying to keep thinking about the real life visual work that I have seen my doc perform.

So, the nurse gave me some pre op instructions. Here's the direction I've been given:
* Take antibiotic meds night & morning before op
* Arrive at 730a (eat light breakfast- toast & juice)
* You may take prescribed meds Halcion 0.25mg night before to help rest
* Wear loose fitting comfy clothing
* I will be given an compression garment after drainage has stopped (usually 24-36 hours following op)
* No shower or bath day of op & only showers until incisions are completely healed
* Must have a person of age sign for your discharge & drive you home
* Make follow up appointment to see doctor 48 hrs after op
* They also offer after hours support
* Dont take any fish oil supplements a week prior to op; may induced excessive bleeding

Let me know if your doc has given you the same or different instructions.

To be honest w/ you all, I haven't told anyone. don't want to risk telling someone & they unconsciously tell someone else that I do not want to know. So, I am purely relying on my REAL SELF pals for support......who better than someone who has experienced this op. The count down begins.........

I went in today for my LIPO Shot & I followed up...

I went in today for my LIPO Shot & I followed up w/ the nurse concerning potential patience referrals & I was told that they could not disclose this information due to HIPAA LAW :/.Most of their nurses are pretty good about follow-up. However, if you have questions that you would like to asked, it will be better to ask while at the office vs via phone (the follow up is much faster). Well, thank God for this website; I was able to locate individuals who previously had this procedure done at their office.

Ok.......So, I am counting down! I officially have...

Ok.......So, I am counting down! I officially have 6 days until my surgery! I am excited & nervous at the same time, in which I have been for awhile. I've been working out twice a day & monitoring my eating. I'll will post more pics of mynweight lost results on Monday night, before my Tuesday morning procedure. I am thinking about taking a trip 4 week post procedure........What do you guys think of that?????? Is it too soon???? Thanks for the support :) I haven't heard from the clinic since my last weeks visit; I'm going to follow up w/ them in the morning, just to make sure I am clear on any actions that need to be taken prior to my surgery.

Oops....Excuse me, for the previous spelling &...

Oops....Excuse me, for the previous spelling & gramma errors! I should proof read more often.....I am always in such a rush!

So, I spoke w/ the nurse at the office & she...

So, I spoke w/ the nurse at the office & she stated that I would be ok, if I wanted to take a trip 30 days after my procedure. She stated, that several patient have taken trips 2 weeks post procedure. I guess I will have to see how I feel. Im getting more excited as the days wind down :)

So, looking forward to my op tomorrow! Currently,...

So, looking forward to my op tomorrow! Currently, I have been take arnica pills for the last 5 day to help reduce any bruise & swelling post procedure. Also, I've purchased some bromelain supplements to take post procedure, it wil assist w/ inflammation, swelling, and bruising. I'm have also been lowering my sodium intake & increasing my water?

Hi girlies! I finally have my laptop & I am...

Hi girlies! I finally have my laptop & I am excited to share my experience. Today is officially day 6 post procedure; I have included pics from 24 hrs, 3days, 6days post.

After my procedure I have been really watching what I eat: I have been eating nuts & trail mix (no salt), vegetables (no salt), veggie omelets (no salt), Healthy chips (110 g sodium), protein & veggie shakes, Low fat cookies/crackers/cereal, & approx. 10-12 glass of water per day. Started taking arnica pills 7days pre-op & plan to take them for the next 3 weeks. I started taking 1000 mg of bromelain on day 4. I haven't experienced much bruising at all.

Day of procedure:
I was given meds, he started at approx. 9:30a & I was done at approx. 1p. They took pics & I got on the scale & I was 10 lbs lighter 179 lbs to be exact!!!!!! The only time I felt any sharp pain was when he was on my back flanks & belly button area; but it wasn't terrible. Doctors & nurse care was excellent; they were consistently checking up on me. I went home & laid on my stomach & went to sleep. He took out 2 liters of fat.......WOW & I can tell the difference!

2nd day:
I was really sore, like a really really hard workout. The pain after the procedure wasn't as bad as I though it would be; it was bearable. The most difficult part was probably getting in & out of the bed. I even went for a ride w/the hubby & to the clinic so the nurse could help me change out my pads & wrap/bandages. As you can see from the pics I still had lots of fluid to drain. I drained for 3 days, but very light on the 3rd day.

3rd day:
Still really sore, but better. I went to my 1st follow-up w/visit the nurse; she was very pleased w/my results. She said, I still had some fluid build up around my belly button & side flank areas that will go down. She took some pics, helped me put on my garment & I was on my way (BTW: This was the 1st day I wore the garment, I was wrapped in ace bandage the last 2 days). I went to T. J. Maxx & Whole Food afterwards; I drove myself. Still a little difficult to get in & out of the car. At this point I am only taking Iburprofen.

4th day:
Much better...! It's much easier to stand than sit or lay. I started wearing a corset over my garment & it really helps w/ the pain & soreness + it helps me keep my back & tummy straight, as well. Went out for a walk w/the baby & hubby. I am experience more soreness in my back today.

5th day:

Went to church & soreness is getting better day by day. I feel I was a little bit more swollen today. However, I am still tracking on my diet.

6th day:
Back to work Monday! Much better....still sore & numb. Each day gets better & better, swelling seems to be down a little. I feel it's much easier to mover around, but I will take it easy.

I'm am 9 days post procedure today :) I haven't...

I'm am 9 days post procedure today :) I haven't been taking an meds for the last 3 days.

Yesterday, was my 1st follow up appointment with Dr. Brett Campfield. It was so funny......when he opened the door he was like, wow, you are really wrapped up. I had on my compression garment, corset, and a tank gridle. He said, you know you only have to wear one of those, right....the tank will be enough if you like. I love wearing the corset, because it provides the best support in my back & it lessens the pain on my tummy when I touch or massage it.

For some reason onside of my body likes to swell more than the other side......weird. Well, Dr. Brett tried see if he could drain fluid from one side of my belly button area, nothing came out. I'm sure it will go down, because it's my whole side....even my private area :/. The swelling in my belly button area has gone down quite a bit. I asked him was how much will my side flanks go down? He said, I am still experiencing quite a bit of swelling & as time go by I will really happy. My tummy is a lot flatter, than before :) I can't wait to see the end result. The doctor gave me a prescription for ibuprofen. He said, I may need it when my numb areas wear off. I may experience a slight burning sensation under my skin.

When, I was leaving out, he said are you still using that elliptical? I said.........am I clear to workout & he said yes! I was so thrilled; because that means I can eat more:) It is not easy trying eat just 1200 calories a day to lose weight. I am going to see if I can start off w/ 30 min of elliptical training. I'll let you all know, how it goes :)
Dr. Brett A. Campfield

Dr. Brett Campfield was excellent. He was always open to answer any of my questions. He is an experienced cosmetic surgeon & he has conducted this procedure 2k + x's. The patient care was a +, the doctor & nurse asked me how I was feeling throughout my entire procedure. They provided me w/ the senior nurse cell # for any after hour emergency issues. The morning after the procedure the nurse called to follow-up to see how I was tracking post procedure. We were concerned about changing out my pads & wraps/bandages due to my soreness & being able to wrap the area correctly, she offer to help. We hopped in the car & she change out my pad & wrapped me back up once I arrived at the clinic. Once you decided you want to book an official procedure date, you are expected to put down 20% & the rest isn't due until your surgery date. You get 3 free consulation w/ the doctor and every consultation after that is a $50 charge. Their wait times are excellent; I was always in & out during consultations & any office visits.

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience and particularly the pictures. Really helpful because I've been reading some terrible stories about the pain a few people say they had with the Aqua lipo so rethinking that. I did have lipo in 1996 and was happy with results but I recall that it was uncomfortable for awhile and I didn't think I looked exactly even at first but in the end, I was thrilled with the results; subsequently, I gained 20 pounds and now have a little roll of fat below the belly and I'm sure that's because the fat goes to a new spot and might possibly go away if I could just lose 10 pounds. In fact, after thinking about the pain and the cost, I think I'm going to make a concerted effort to do that first and then see if I still need to go through that again.
Yes the pickings are slim.... I may consider more but for now I'm done. keep me updated and I look forward to following your journey.
It's so exciting. I love my new shape and you will too. I didn't expect perfection because I'm 42 and I've had a child and my weight had never been stable. I has loose skin on top of the belly prior to getting anything done. But you're younger and belly is not flabby. No expert but I think you'll like your results. Are you getting flanks done too?
I am not getting flanks done at this moment. But I am hoping to tie down a potential husband (after this surgery) :-) and hopefully I will have kids before I am too old. After the babies I plan on getting a full transformation to include BBL with hips (tummy tuck if needed) probably with Dr J Curves or Cortez. YES...I have a full long term plan!! :-P Just hope I accomplish it. The pickings with these men are slim and I refuse to settle. *drops to knees and says a prayer*
The first doc was not boarded and took out too much on lower and too little on the upper. Then the practice closed. I should have done more research. But very happy with new doc and staff.
oh my...well at least you were able to rectify and you look stunning so it came together. I am so anxious...I don't know how I am going to make it for the next nine days :-)
Yes...those abs are POPPING!!!
Jazzy- you don't have much stomach and its firm not hanging down at all. I think you'll get a great result.
Thanks Spyce...I surely hope you are right and you look GREAT btw. I was going to leave a comment on your page regarding your revisions. What prompted you to go back in, as your pics looked like you were coming along fabulous? Do you think most lipos require revisions?
Hi how are you? You look fabulous!!!! I am so excited to have found your post because we have similar before frames and it is hard finding results for athletic frames. Most have curvaceous or pear frames. How are you liking your results now? I am super anxious for my surgery in nine days. I am a bit worried about lumps, sagging and final results as I don't have much hips. Any advice or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
Hi, I went there to get an evaluation they quoted me $2500 for one area, do you know how much for additional areas?
They run different specials throughout the year. I had 3 areas done & my total was 6k. Check back during Christmas or Thanksgiving, they may do a promo. Good luck on your journey.
I do see the swelling. My belly button area swelled too. I think sometimes they under treat that area becsuse it's fibrous.
I am doing pretty good. I can't wait for my next follow-up which is in late September. I am not wearing the garment as much anymore. And actually I stopped wearing the Design Veronique garment about 1.5 months after the procedure becuase it became too big, and those things are so expensive no way was I going to buy yet another size. But I would continue to wrap myself up overnight with the abdominal binder and a compression top. I am in the process of trying to ween myself off of those things...but it's a hard habit to break LOL. It's been three months now and my doctor told me that at this point compression isnt going to change my results.

Overall I am much smaller than I was to begin with, but I still have some occassional swelling below the belly button and flanks (and itching on the flanks). So I know I am still healing. I will be curious to hear my Doctors thoughts when I see him next time. I wonder if I need a touch up on the lower abs...the fat (or swelling) there seems a bit stubborn to me!
Hey Renewmesoon! How are things going? It's been almost 2 months now...what progress have you seen so far? Are you still wearing your garment?
Hey girl! I really need to update my post.....I've been work so much lately. Still dealing w/ the Ups & downs or the swelling & healing process. I Went for doc visit & he said that I still have some swelling & bruising that needs time to heal. Yes, I'm still wearing the garment 24/7. How are you & are you wearing your garment still?
Hi Renewmesoon, I am from the Memphis area and have been doing so much research on the internet about Lipo, and of course are having the same problems and doubts that everyone have. Thanks for your posts it has helped a lot!
samille, I have to agree, Renewmesoon should change her name to "The Cheerleader". She's been there for so many of us, through the up's & down's and she's alway positive. Thanks, Renewmesoon!
Hi Samille! Thanks, what doc are you considering in Memphis? Keep us updated if you decide to go through w/ the procedure :) Feel free to ask more questions if you have any additional concerns. Good Luck!
Ahhhh.....thanks Juli :) I appreciate the support for you all, as well :) I'm so glad we have a network that we can depend on for 24 hours support.
Doctor said, start tanning at a slow pace & cover openings with sunscreen.Which I have done. The sea water does wonders for the body, it's healing. Can't wait for that. Massage was good, he said I had a lot of stress in my back, I have another one of Monday. My belly button is swollen, sore & hard. This is what's worrying me some. I'll send a bikini pic from JA. Don't have my before pics & won't go back to the Dr. before I leave.
Wow, I didn't know the sea water was healing. I was soaked in there everyday, lol! Im suppose to have another massage this week. I'm gonna let you know how it goes. My back is still seems to be more sore than any other parts on my body. My belly button seems to be doing the same. Can't wait to see your results. I'm gonna update my post w/ pic before the end of this week.
Hey! Wearing my garment as much as possible also. Put on new bikini yesterday, so much better. My back is sore, going for my first lympathic massage today. I feel like everything is evening (?) out nicely. Were did you go in Jamaica? And how did you feel on the beach with your new body?
I felt great; the nurse told me to only wear a one piece because my stomach would still be sensitive to light. I felt more soreness in my back area more than any thing. I went to Montego Bay. You got a vela massage as well, right?
Check w/ you doc to see if you can wear a bikini two piece swim suit before you pack. You need to send me some pics of your results. Hope everything continues to smooth out. Let me know how your massage goes, as well. I have another massage scheduled on Monday.