Breathing All of God's Air - Arlington Heights, IL

I have had a complex about my nose for a long time...

I have had a complex about my nose for a long time. It started, I believe, my freshman year in high school. I remember switching from glasses to contacts and was made a joke by my classmates and the upper classmen. So from then on I decided to keep my glasses on my face to conceal my "snoz". About 3 months ago I had my laser eye surgery. Now I am seeing my nose more clearly and I still dislike it's appearance. I told my friends but they all say I have a nice nose. I tell them that because of my nose, I suffer from poor self-esteem. My feedback is: You should find self-esteem within. You're going to end up looking like Micheal Jackson. You want to look white? You are married, who are you trying to impress. I'm doing this for me and I'm going through with it. I have made up my mind. I have maybe 5 people who are cool with it. My best friend snitched to my Mom that I was considering it. She tried to talk me out of it. My sister is cool with it because she remembers how depressed I'd get. Recently I took my first step and got a consultation from "Liposuction & Cosmetic Surgery Institute" and the surgeon who interviewed me was Algrid Mameniskis. He seemed chill and knowledgeable. But I'm still researching. Peace!!

Sacrifices

I've decide to pause on the ganja smoke until I've reached my goal. Wish me luck. Mary Jane is so expensive and I like to smoke everyday.

Personally, I thought the "breathing all the white man's air" title was HILARIOUS, but whatever. Also, I think it is probably a good idea to cool it on the MJ until you reach your goal but you could always adopt my philosophy which is if you don't buy it, it doesn't count. As for me, I cut out starbucks to help save. Anyway, you're a great-looking guy and I'm sure you'll reach your goals! Good luck and keep us posted!
Thank you for understanding my humor. I think I might have to use your philosophy. Thanks for your support. Peace!!!
I like your new review title!!
I am really happy you changed your title. Much more appropriate. Good luck to you in your journey :)
I am happy that you changed your title. Much more appropriate. Good luck to you in your journey :)
Thanks you for starting your story here! You and your wife make an adorable couple and I do think you are really handsome already. That said, I totally get wanting to change your nose when you don't like it. It's right in the middle of your face, after all. It sounds like you're doing your research, but make sure to choose a surgeon who has done many, many African American noses. Have you seen the African American Rhinoplasty section of RealSelf? Read through a bunch of those reviews if you haven't already.

Good luck and please keep us posted!
I just had to comment because that Dave Chappelle skit is hilarious :P Seriously though I don't think your nose needs too much work - so go with a doctor who has a conservative approach and only wants to give you a slight tip and nostril reduction and you'll look great!
Thank you for the advice. I know, I miss the show. Be easy!!
I think you look really good with your current nose dude(in a completely heterosexual way). I'm actually trying to get a nose like yours as an upgrade from my basic European nose. -But good luck in your endeavors, and I hope it turns out well.
I understand it's a personal decision for you. I was the same way. I didn't let anyone tell me no for an answer. I got a rhinoplasty and unfortunately now I regret it. I hope you find a great surgeon and are happy with your results. Just my opinion, you already look better the those guys you posted. Your nose is nicely masculine and very appealing.
Thank you for your concern and support. I'm still looking and I will keep everyone posted.
What's the "white man's air". This sounds kind of racist to me, and to answer your question Dr. Anil Shah seems to have a stellar reputation in Chicago and he's not white.
Title has changed. Sorry if I offended you but it is a line from a comic. Dave Chappelle said it in a skit when he played a black blind guy being a leader in the Klu Klux Klan. I have started following Dr. Shah and watching his videos. Quick to through out the racist card? Thanks.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I wish you the best with your surgery :)
i think you look fine but i understand your concerns. i have the same issue. my nose flares out when i smile a tad too much and i want a more refined tip but i def want to keep my ethnic features. its a bit frustrating finding docs who produce great results on ethnic noses. have you checked out dr jason hamilton yet? he's in cali- too far for me but i would be willing to travel at this point. i had a consult with him a few months ago and i like his results on his website. he's really down to earth and realistic. i just want more options before i totally commit my nose to him so my search continues....i will be following your journey!
I'll be sure to check out Dr. Hamilton and his website. Thanks and good luck to you.
"Breathing all the white man's air" What kind of a title is that for your real self review? Pretty racist I would say. I am amazed that no one else is pointing this out to you. But apparently if your black you can be as racist, and bigoted as you want. If you were a white guy posting a title like this you would have gotten slammed for it right away. The double standard in society in this regard is horrible. I find your title stupid and offensive.
Sorry if I offended you but it is a line from a comic. Dave Chappelle said it in a skit when he played a black blind guy being a leader in the Klu Klux Klan. Lady I was being humorous. Don't write me again. My wife is Russian and I have a daughter who is white. If you bothered to look at my profile you would realize this. So Respectfully... Fuck Off!!! :) I dislike all races equal even my own. At least I'm not a closet racist like yourself. Peace Lady. Don't Judge.
what exactly does your title mean?? seriously I don't get it! I'm a white chick, does everyone else get it? anyway i love the part of your story about your pot smoking ( thats what white chicks call it anyway) love that part
Sorry if I offended you but it is a line from a comic. Dave Chappelle said it in a skit when he played a black blind guy being a leader in the Klu Klux Klan. It is not only making funny of white people but all so black people because of our larger noses. Check out the skit on youtube. Really... did you notice my wife is white. I have white family members.
Your are a good looking guy. Be careful that you don't mess up your face with unnecessary surgery.
Thanks and I won't be hasty. I'm going to find someone who meets my wants. Someone who specializes in ethnic noses.
Your nose look similar to mine in terms of shape/ proportion. That wide at the base and those flared nostrils . If it helps I agree that you should be doing this for yourself. I just finished undergrad and a new nose is at the top of my list! Goodluck finding a surgeon, I will be checking in and following your story ! You got my support :)
Thank you. You understand were I'm coming from. I hate the way my nose flares out when I smile. As long as I keep a straight face I'm good, :). I'm working overtime to get the money and my wife is very supportive. Peace!!! I keep posting updates.