Radiesse, Not for Everyone, Turned my Skin Red Where It Was Injected - Arlington Heights, IL

I had radiesse done under my tear troughs. It...

I had radiesse done under my tear troughs. It filled nicely and I went back a couple weeks later to have a small touch up. Unfortunately where it was injected turned red and didn't go away for 2 months! I could cover it up with makeup and then my eyes looked nice because they were filled but when I took my makeup off at night that red skin was always there. About 9 months later, I had Juvederm done in the same spot and it looks great and now it as been 15 months since then and they still look fantastic, out of any place I've had filler done thats the one place my husband went "wow" your eyes look great. Juvederm seems to last much longer in that area since there is little movement. Recently I went to have a little botox done to lift my eyebrows and I mentioned the radiesse response and the nurse said this often happens to people not the first time it is used but the 2nd and she has seen it numerous times.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I never called the doctors office about this so I left responsiveness blank. Excellent PS.

Hi cmcliem- thanks for your detailed story and experience. People seem to have better luck with some fillers over others and looks like you've found your filler of choice. Did the nurse mention why she thought the red spot happens on the second time?

No, she didn't really say other than a reaction she has seen with that particular filler numerous times....