Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation W/ Brava - Arlington Heights, IL

I had silicone implants for a year but had to have...

I had silicone implants for a year but had to have them removed due to complications. I was left a deflated 34B with some asymmetry. I had been thinking about natural breast augmentation for awhile and I'm hoping to fill out my breasts a little more and to go up one or two cup sizes.

I am very excited and a little nervous to have this procedure done! I wanted to share my story with everyone who is thinking about someday having this procedure done themselves. I have been wearing the Brava system for 3 days now. I have to wear it at night because they are WAY to big to be work under clothing in the day (think Madonna cones) I have been wearing the domes for about 10 hours each night. For those of you who don't know what Brava is, it is like a suctioning bra consisting of two domes that create pressure to help your breast tissue expand and develop blood flow to this area. This is important to make room for the grafted fat and to help in survive.

Its been pretty uncomfortable to sleep in, especially if you sleep on your side or stomach like I do. However, I am getting used to it, and I like the way my breasts look after I take it off in the morning!

I will be traveling to IL for my surgery, and I will keep all of you posted as I get closer to my surgery date at the end of December. I will post before pictures soon. Feel free to ask me any questions!

So I've been using the brava system for almost two...

So I've been using the brava system for almost two weeks. I really hate wearing this thing! It's itchy and uncomfortable. I developed a rash and some blisters in my cleavage area, and boy was it painful. I tried calling a brava coach but nobody called me back, so I used a bandaid to cover the open sores while wearing the domes. This was the only way to help the wound heal. The redness is slowly going away. Also, I am noticing it is getting harder to get a seal because the domes are losing stickiness. This worries me but hopefully they will last for at least 4 or 5 more weeks. Otherwise , I am noticing a slightly more fuller look to my breasts. I can't wait till the 27th.

I read the informed consent today which lead me to...

I read the informed consent today which lead me to having a minor panic attack! I got really scared when I started reading about lumps, cysts, and calcifications. The last thing I want is a pebble like feeling to my breasts. Luckily, the nurse Sherry called me and calmed me down. I feel a lot better! Note to self- Stop Googling!!

My surgery is in a few days now, I am starting to...

My surgery is in a few days now, I am starting to get really nervous and having second thoughts.. I have to wear brava 24/7 for the next 3 days up until my surgery. Hoping for the best

Tomorrow is my surgery, I can't believe it's here...

Tomorrow is my surgery, I can't believe it's here already! Chicago is freezing btw, way colder than I anticipated.Anyway I met with Dr Placik and his staff today, everyone was so nice! We decided that I would have lipo on my hips and a little bit on my inner thighs. I don't have large amounts of fat to harvest so Im hoping that he's able to get enough from my hips. I will update tomorrow after surgery.

I had my surgery today. I woke up really early,...

I had my surgery today. I woke up really early, got to the office, and took some meds the nurse gave me. I started to feel woozy withIn minutes of taking them bc I was on an empty stomach. Next thing I knew, bam! I'm waking up from surgery. At first I had no idea what was going on or where I was, but then I felt pain in my breasts and remembered. I also started feeling really really cold. I was shivering so much that it was actually hurting me bc it caused my pec muscles to clench, not fun. I had to focus on not shivering which seemed to help. The pain isn't terrible but it's no cake walk either. I equate it to being really really sore after a workout. I had about 1000 cc removed from my hips and 100 c from each inner thigh. I had around 600cc put in my right side and around 400 in the left. The Staff said it turned out great, which I'm happy about! Everyone was so nice and comforting, which makes this experience so much better. I can't tell what the brusing is life bc I have a compression garment on and I'm marked up with purple marker. I'll have a better idea on Monday when I go in for a follow up. Until then, no shower :( Also, I want to note that I am leaking from the liposuction sites. This is a mixture of the tumanescent (spelling?) fluid, and bodily fluid, so I'm using a towel as I lay right now. Luckily I'm wearing black sweatpants. I recommend this to anyone planning on getting lipo. ok well I'm really tired so I'm going to watch some movies and probably pass out. Feel free to ask me any questions! Oh yeah, my doctor also showed me pictures of myself during the surgery, it was really cool!

I am 4 days post op today! I feel much butter pain...

I am 4 days post op today! I feel much butter pain wise since the 1st day after surgery. I find that I don't need any pain meds, although I do get very tired easily. I had my lipo stitches taken out today and the compression garment came off, OMG, my hips are SO TINY!! They took out 1000 from each side, not 500 like I previously thought! I had 650cc in my right and 440 in my left. My breasts are still massive and swollen. I am very bruised, although it subsides every day. I can't even fit the brava domes on, my the doctor office says that this is okay and happens to some patients. I have to wear a compression garment or spanx for the next few weeks. I can't believe the difference in my hips. I will post pics later. Also, I finally get to shower today! Thank goodness.

I am almost a week post op today. I feel alot...

I am almost a week post op today. I feel alot better and am back to work! My hips are still very tender though and its annoying to sleep. I have so much bruising in my sides and legs! I hope it goes away soon. I haven't been able to fit into my BRAVA domes yet (I have extra Large wide domes) but I will try tonite. I'll post more pics soon!

Its been 2 weeks from my surgery and all of the...

Its been 2 weeks from my surgery and all of the pain is gone. Most of the bruising has faded and the swelling is down. I was able to go back to the gym for some light exercise a few days ago! My breast size has gone down a bit but they are still pretty big! I'm told I'll know my final size in about 3 months, so there is still a ways to go, but hopefully they won't shrink too much. I do feel a few lumps, mostly under my right breast, but I'm told this is normal and will resolve itself. They have softened up a lot too, and it will only get better in time. I will post again at a month out.

I am now 5 weeks out from my procedure. I feel...

I am now 5 weeks out from my procedure. I feel great! The injection marks are fading and the size has gone down, but not too much. I currently fit a 36D from Victoria Secret. My breasts are full and I love the way they look! My hips look great but 2 lipo injection sites on my hips are still healing and are red. All bruising is gone and I think the swelling is pretty much gone as well. Lumpiness is almost all gone is well. The feel so soft! I am currently very satisfied with my results would recommend this procedure and my doctor to everyone, he really is skilled at what he does!

Hi everyone! I am almost 3 months out, and at...

Hi everyone!

I am almost 3 months out, and at this point the doctor says what I have now is my final size. My breast size has gone down slightly, but they are still very big! I am wearing a 36 C/D depending on the bra. I have no lumps or unevenness. My lipo areas look great, although 2 of my incisions sites have been slower to heal. I bough this cream called Biafine, which is working wonders to heal the incisions wounds. I will post pics later today!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

After doing a lot of research (especially on this site) I came across Dr. Placik's photos of his results with fat grafting breast aug. I was very impressed, and after consulting with this staff, decided to move ahead with the procedure.

It has been almost two years since my fat grafting. I was determined to wear my Brava as told for the times and strength which was all outlined for me. I can tell you that any doctor that tells you that you will gain even one cup size is NOT telling you the truth. The cells harvested for injection will most likely die when it gets injected to the breast area. Then you are left with calcifications. Read the release you sign very carefully prior to your decision. I didn't get it until the day of surgery and by then I had committed myself to the fat grafting and I never thought it would happen to me. Well it did. Sure I can tell you I have pictures of how great my breasts looked right after the surgery but by six months you could barely tell. They were just swollen in the beginning. I just recently had to have one breast with the size of a golf ball and the other the size of a half dollar removed. It was attaching itself to the muscle and it was so very sore. It was hard as a rock and pressing against my skin. Mammograms are more difficult to read correctly even with an ultrasound. When I went to see my doctor a week after the removal she sat me down and told me behind the balls she removed she found some cancer cells. I was lucky to find a doctor who worked with me and was able to take them out but there are a lot of doctors who won't do it. The only way you are going to get to a bigger size is to continue to have the grafting which is only going to cost you more money. For the amount of money I spent, not to mention the cost of having the calcifications removed, I could have found something which would have made me feel a hell of a lot better. Please don't do it. Read the doctors statements if they are honest with you they will tell you it is not a procedure that has been perfected yet.
Its been a long time Deb. I'm so sorry you went through everything you did and ended up having so many problems. It's been almost 15 month since I had my fat transfer and am having a 2nd transfer on july 11th. I'm having it done again to better correct asymmetry. I to have some lumps, they aren't the size you had, I can feel them just under the skin. I'm hoping they will go away. Did you get implants again? I will keep you in my prayers.
Did I respond to you? I thought I did but then didn't see it on this site. Its very confusing. No no implants, I'm staying natural now, just don't have the funds to do it. The fat grafting set me back as it was. Yes my doctor wanted to do another fat grafting but even then $4,000.00 was not an ideal amount for me. And he said he may have to do it again to get the size I wanted. My breasts are just not worth that amount. I'd rather spend it on something else at this point and there are going to be medical bills which will need addressing. Hey if I have the gene, I can have them off and get implants per my insurance. Right? Well I wish you all the best on your July 11 transfer!
Sorry to be in your business but here is a doc who I been researching on fat grafting surgeries. The ladies I have looked at have had great stories. http://www.realself.com/find/North-Carolina/Charlotte/Plastic-Surgeon/Edward-Bednar
What is your retention rate? I am looking to get this done within the next couple months and I am trying to get an idea of what to expect in about a year. I have talked to a few doctors and they tell me to only expect about 70% to be retained. I figured asking people themselves would be more reliable.
You will be lucky if you retain 70%. Depends on how much your body rejects the fat injections. I would never do it again if I knew then....
Hi! I live in a Chicago and am very happy you posted this! I am considering this procedure and am grateful there is someone near me that can do it. Can you show me some recent pics? Also were you a padded 34B? Thanks!! I am a padded 32B and hope I can get a good result!
Hi Nervous D. I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable posting pics. Also I don't know if pics would even do them justice. What I can tell you is that I'm still very happy with my results!!! Not only are my breasts bigger but they have a much better shape than before. I never had cleavage in the center now I do. I was a small 34B and ended up a full C. Right now i'm actually a D cup but that's because I've gained about 7 pounds in the last two months. My boobs look amazing but as you can imagine I'm not too thrilled about the extra weight. I plan to lose about 5 lbs this month, so Id expect them to shrink slightly. My Best advice would be to do yourself a favor and at least have a consultation with Dr. Placik.
Thank you!!
Hi Purple Lake, Any updates or new photos?  Are you still retaining the same size?  Are you still happy with your results? Thanks, Amelia
Did you pay the procedure all in full or can you pay monthy? I'm 20 and i really want this procedure with this doctor.. I'm a student but I also work. My only issue is paying this off and I need advice because I want this asap ): ..
well you will have to pay it all in full but you could apply for a financing credit card called care credit. not sure what any other options are, you would have to speak with the office.
@ BrownGirl79 so how are you feeling? Did you just get Fat Transfer or a lift? I already had a consult with Dr. Placik am doing both lift and fat transfer am very nervous keep me posted on your recovery. I am doing my surgery more towards the end of the year around December. Yes Purplelake87 has also motivated me to chose Dr. Placik as my surgeon.
Hi Francine. I only had fat grafting. I had very minimal sagging, so I didn't need a lift. I had just over 400 cc in each breast and they look amazing. I started as a small 34B and right now they look like 34D. I'm hoping they settle at a full 34C when I'm fully recovered. I have no pain in my breasts but my inner thighs and hips are very sore. My follow up appointment is tomorrow. BTW, it looks like the scaring will be very minimal. Dr Placik did a great job of hiding the sutures.
Hi Purple Lake. I just had fat transfer to my breasts with doctor Placik this morning. I wanted to reach out and thank you for posting your journey. I cannot express in words how much it educated me and comforted me. Reading your story before selecting a PS helped me pick Dr Placik. Reading about your recovery and results gave me confidence going into today. Thanks Again!
Yay! I'm so glad my story helped you out! Dr. Placik is an AMAZING surgeon and I'm confident that your results are going to be stellar! I am so happy I got this procedure done with him. I wish you a speedy recovery! and congrats again!
Looking at ur pics was it only fat grafting or a lift as well?
i only had fat grafting. my breasts have remained the same size since my last pictures. I will post more pics at 6 months
How are u feeling and looking am aiming for December to have my surgery with Dr. PLACIK....AS well....any new pics
How are you now Purple Lake?  Any changes?  How long did you wear Brava after surgery?  Did all Brava marks heal up?
Hi amelia, I haven't had any changes since my last post, I am still the same size, and I don;t forsee any changes. I didn't wear brava after my surgery only before
Thanks Purple Lake, Glad u r well & no other changes.  So, you only did Brava for 2 weeks pre-surgery?  Do you think that was b/c your breasts were already a good size?
i did brava for a month. my breasts were 34b before
Did you cycle w/the black bulb? My surgery is tomorrow morning! I am sooo nauseous!
Purple Lake, Do you have any little incision marks up near your collar bone (upper chest area)? The girl I met who had this done had tiny little needle/incision scars up in that area (kinda wear your strap of the bra would be). I forgot to ask her why but I am guessing that is how the doctor reached the upper pole of the breast? Does this make any sense?