I Wish I Had Never Done This!!! - Arkansas

I am 5 days post-op and I would give anything to...

I am 5 days post-op and I would give anything to go back and never get my implants. I am a very small woman, 5'.0" and 115 lbs. I was a 32A. I realize now they were perfect. I got 325 Moderate Plus Mentor Smooth saline implants filled to 390CC.

I have friends who have had implants over the past few years and I've always been so curious about it. It's something I fantasized about but never thought I would actually do. Well, on an impulse I scheduled my consult. I didn't feel right about it but I went anyway. I felt so good trying on the implants that I scheduled my surgery asap. Still, I wasn't sure and wanted to turn back. Why didn't I? My husband paid for it.... I felt obligated... I was literally sick to my stomach at the pre-op visit but I went on. The day of surgery I wanted to cancel it but again, the obligation kept me going. Plus, I thought I might just be scared of the anesthesia - I had never been put out before... Well, I have cried over this every night for 3 nights now. I have terrible burning pain in my right breast every time I move. I'm at the point that I don't want to move my right arm at all. I can't hold my kids (I've always prided myself on being a mother first). I'm tired all the time and I can't do simple things like cook, clean, or drive comfortably. I've realized how much pride I took in myself as being simple, natural me. I've lost myself. I literally hate myself for what I have done and I will never be the same.

OK! The depression is gone and I'm actually...

OK! The depression is gone and I'm actually excited about having this done again. To be honest if I could go back I wouldn't do it at all, but I'm happy with myself again - if that makes sense.

I still have more pain in the right one than the left, but I had my doctor look me over yesterday and all is good. It's just that my right muscle is tighter and he wants me to use that arm more to help relax it.

I get my stitches out Wed and I hope the pain is drastically better by then because that's when he will show me how to massage them to make them drop. Right now, the right is just too sensitive for that.

The staff was great, too great. I felt like I was making the right decision. I wish someone had said, "Are you sure?" or "Why do you want to do this?"

Thanks for sharing your experience, my surgery is soon and it's good to mentally prepare for some sadness/depression. Sounds like it is normal and glad you are happy with the results.
Wow! Thank you guys for all your support!!!

Reading5920 - I'm sorry I made you cry! You sound like me. I totally sympathize with people like that too. Thank you so much for caring. You were completely right. My pain is pretty much all gone now and I feel fantastic!!

Tinahp - It feels good to know that others felt depressed too! I'm sorry you went through depression though, like I have. It's crazy how our bodies can affect our outlook so drastically! :)

I go to get my stitches out tomorrow and learn how to massage them down.

I'm completely back to being excited about them. Who knew that the depression would get me the way it did last week.
Hi! I cried reading your comment .........I'm 2 months post op now, just really starting to feel like myself now. It's time for us now..........I agree with you..............I have 2 kids too, seems like we lose ourselves for a few years while we be moms. Give it a few weeks , maybe a month, until they settle and look a little normal............the burning pain is nerve pain. You didn't do anything, don't overdo it, do what is comfortable and do what you can. the nerve pain will get better with time.........maybe a little while until swelling goes down and your nerves heal up. I love mine......wish they were a little bigger, but don't we all say that....hehe. Keep your good spirits, it will improve. :)

I'm glad your outlook has improved! Hoping the pain goes away SOON!

I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Post operative depression is quite common. I too experienced a bit of depression after surgery. I do think you need to rest up some more. Doing too much too soon is never a good thing after surgery.

I'm sorry you're so unhappy, but please try not to hate yourself for doing this. You just got caught up in the excitement, and I think we're all guilty of that from time to time!

Give it some time to heal. If you still decide you dislike them, visit RealSelf's breast implant removal community, which is a great resource and full of very supportive ladies.

Hang in there! Virtual hugs.

I felt this same way the day after mine. I attempted to do to much and felt guilty about spending the money and taking the time off for myself. I would let yourself heal before you make any decision about what to do. I am going on four years and I really do love them now. I probably would have went smaller and will at some point, but I am happy. Try them out and if it's not for you, take them out. Big hugs!
Thanks, FitLuv. I feel a little better today. I'm not sure why I've fallen into this depression.... I'm hoping it eases up. The pain is easing. I did call the dr office on Tuesday about the pain and they told me it was normal for one to hurt more than the other - burning and stinging like it has been. I wonder if I tried to do too much too soon. I only took off Friday for the surgery and went back to work on Monday.... I appreciate the support. I'll continue to post how I feel because maybe I can help someone make the right decision or at least feel better about their own feelings.
I'm so sorry you had this experience. I truly hope you start to feel better soon. Is the pain the only issue? Are you unhappy with your appearance as well? I think you should contact your Dr. right away about your pain. Please keep us posted on your healing. Again, I'm sorry you are going through this, but you have all of our support here if you need it.