AQUAMID DISASTER...

I had injected aquamid in my cheeks 3 years ago...

I had injected aquamid in my cheeks 3 years ago and on january 08/2009 i had to run to the ER because my right side face was extremelly swelled ,as soon as got in the hospital i did a catscan that show an huge abscess after couple hours i see myself in the surgery room to have the abscess opened(i had general anesthesia).

I stayed 4 days in the hospital taking very strong antibiotics,after that i went home with a drain in my face that i had to change the packing every single day(it is very painful).After 4 weeks my right face swelled again and i had to go to the ER for the second time and they had to reopen the abscess.The pus never stop,it is almost 7 weeks and the pus still coming out.My doctor told me the only option i have is trying to remove the aquamid but in order to do so he has to perform a surgery and take off,soft tissues,muscle and aquamid resulting in a very bad scar right on my right cheek and a deformed face(dent).Now im taking clarithromycin 500mg 2x day and avelox 400mg.Im really scared to have my face deformed its not gonna be easy but im constantly pain.

I hope FDA never ever aprove the aquamid in the US.Never trust a doctor that use aquamid or any permanent filler, just google and you will se several cases like mine.

I live in New York and i was treated in the Mount...

I live in New York and i was treated in the Mount Sinai Hospital here in NY.

Aquamid IS dangerous. I had an aquamid rhynoplasty to fill a collapsed rhynoplasty operation. I now have two tumors on the bridge of my nose. They said it will get worse and there is nothing they can do about it. Curse the surgeons responsible. It looks hideous and I am in more and more pain. It feels like some big eagle is clasping the bridge of my nose and squeezing harder and harder. This particular surgeon in Sydney damaged my face SO much from nerve damage from other procedures, cutting and burning my eyes. He made me pay for redoing certain things and when I pointed out all the damage and said I wanted a refund he said no. Any complaint to a health protection agency is a waste of time because they are only there to protect the medical people. He cheated on his wife with a plastic person that worked there and is utterly incompetent. THERE ARE SUCH LOWLIFE PEOPLE AROUND SO BE WARNED AND DON'T TOUCH ANY PERMANENT FILLER ESPECIALLY AQUAMID.
My God, your story sounds so similar to mine (and I am a doctor myself)..10 yrs ago i had aquamid in my lips and naso labial lines..apparently to no effect , then 4 yrs ago problems started , pain and lumps very obvious to me but not so to others..it could be hidden with make up but the constant facial pain and corneal ulceration leding to perriods of blindness made me quite suicidal..i saw as many experts as i could in the uk..all said nothing could be done to help....things then stopped progressing for over a year and then BANG on xmass eve the lumps really sarted growing and i developed a facial palsy,,my husband and children became frightened s did i...I then saw a dentist who did xrays and i saw to my horror that my upper roots of teeth and the bones were riddled with chronic abscesses...i laughed when the dentist asked "haven't you been in alot of pain?...so i have had all my upper teeth removed and am hoping the infection will clear in time after which i have a bone graft and implants,,(nothing can be done about the lumps as they are coiled round the facial nerve)...Early retirement and the upset/beakdown of family ties (my eldest just can't bear to see me at all and my husband who has been so kind just can't face sleeping in the same bed as me) all this has lead me to take drastic steps and i am now in an ayruverdic clinic in Karula India...yes, yes I know i am a physician but apart from removing my teeth and costing me a bomb in dental surgery western medcine hasn't been of much help......is there anyone who i can talk to or who will talk to me or email me..i feel so alone...all the best to anyone reading this ..i hope and pray we will all get better somehow, ***@gmail.com
I'm so sorry for what happened to you but the only way to prevent this happening again is posting your story even photos to let everyone knows about aquamid and any other permanent filler... I'm sure sharing my pictures helped lots of people to avoid Aquamid !!! My face is a little better now since then but next week I'm having graft fat into my cheeks to fix the dentation, I'm doing it with dr Giampapa in New Jersey so I really hope to leave all this behind and not to have to photoshop my pictures again.

Stem Cell Facelift

I'm doing Stem Cell Facelift with Dr: Vincent Giampapa in New Jersey to fix the damaged Aquamid left in my face, I'm very scared but it's the only way to try to fix it as it is my own fat and he says stem cells help to heal as well. I'm extremely nervous but I'm praying to have my face as it use to be!!! I don't want to photoshop my pictures no more, I'm tired to cover with makeup or have to answer people what happened to my face! I just want to forget it all !!! My surgery will be next week on May 07 , he will perform also a chemical peel TCA. I will let everyone knows about the results. God be with us!!!
Hi everyone, I'm one more victime of Aquamid. In my case, the initial result (nasolabial folds and cheeks) was funtastic, but 3 years after the product start to migrate throught the face , appearing that I had cysts. The physician that injected aquamid in my face died. I went to several surgical procedures, like neadle aspiration, that I did twice, with no success because the pruduct was not completely removed. One year ago, I found a dermatologist that did two incisions in two cysts of my face, that apparently removed the bigger ones. I continue with others, smallers, but I notest it in my face. I'm afraid of the ones that I have near my eyes. This last procedures left two small scars in my face. I tryed to make a complaint near portuguese authorities, but they say that this is not consider a drug, so it has no regulation from them. In europe is considered a dispositive. This is crasy, how can a product that is to be injected in your face and body, come to the market with no proper clinical trials. I read that Contura, that put this product in the market and give no support to the people with problems is trying to get FDA aproval
Sorry to hear of your issues with Aquamid, it sounds awful,. Be careful with the fat grafting and only have a small amount injected per time, if possible - putting a lot of fat in at one time can cause other problems.
Thankyou so much for telling us of your progress..it is so helpful to her how others are doing...from this clinic in india i will be praying for you and a success with the stem cells ...sounds sensible..please say how it went for you, what the doctor was like etc...all the very best, anna brocklebank.

Stem cell Facelift

Today is day 5 after stem cell surgery to fix my cheeks, I can already see the difference but it's to soon too clap yet!!! I have to go back to the doctors office on May 15... By the way he also removed the permanent filler I had in my lips so I will probably see an improvement ... I'm very anxious, I can't post pictures yet because I look like an alien ...

Stem Cell fat Grafting

This picture is from the third week after my Stem Cell fat grafting with Dr: Vincent Giampapa .
I did my cheeks , my jaw line , temples and I got silicone removed from my lips as he did some fat grafting on my lips after removing the silicone & TCA chemical Peeling at the end...Until now I'm very happy with the results but too soon yet to celebrate after all the misery I had with the Aquamid!!!
He told me to wait at least 3 months to see the final results!!! I really trust him and I love this heart shape of my lips now, it's much better as I had a kind of clown big lips... All my friends said I look much younger and much better. I did my surgery on May 07 so tomorrow is gonna be a month but I will let the updates up
hello all, i feel dreadful saying this, but i am so grateful to this blog without which i would feel so alone. i haven't written for some time as1)the "process" seemed to have slowed down and2) i'm sort of learning to live with it. my treatment in dr franklins clinic Kerela was a sucses while i was there ..ie the pain and lumps receded..but you have to be desperate to go there as the procedures would be illegal in any other country...no surgery just loads of disgusting aruverdic stuff and things put up and into every orrifice..the staff were wonderful, but india is not my cup of tea!..however things are now very bad for me again..like the post "incompetent surgeon" i have inoperable tumours on both sides of my nose and the lumps on my naso labial folds continue to grow and wrap themselves around the facial and trigeminal nerve, therefore operations are impossible....i went to see dr nail fitzpatrick harley st who has had great experience with these matters and he found that the whole of my maxilla was full of abscesses so all my upper teeth have been removed and since then the pain has been less severe..but now it's my eyes that are affected and painful. the pain ,loss of vision etc comes and goes but is with me more often than not...this is sad since i used to be known for my eyes...it's 3 am my time and i am writing just to distract myself from the pain (can see with left eye ,but that too is now being affected...i have been telling everyone including the press about aqua mid but there seems to be some sort of "block about saying anything bad about it...i was only able to have printed an edited article about possible complications of fillers...nothing about how it can ruin your life....sorry if this sounds a bit depressing...please will someone reply ? and joane, can you tell me the results of your latest treatment? love to all x
ps .i don't know how to upload a picture..anyone know?x
You can upload pics by writing a review like this one and attaching them

dont trust any doctor that use aquamid or permanent fillers.