In or out of the US?

Hello everyone, during my online search for a...

Hello everyone, during my online search for a Surgeon I ran across RS quite a few times and decided to join. My initial search for a BBL was in the L.A. area. After reviewing a few posts on here I ran across the name of a few docs in the DR. If these prices are accurate ($3k-5k) it's a fraction of the price I would pay here in Cali. Anyone have any reservations about leaving the country? Reviews?

Welcome to RS! You get more for your money out of country and certainly more projection!!! Best wishes on ur journey!
I have been checking out this site now for 6 months. The prices are definitively lower abroad but you have to add cost of trip, healing time and cost of stay for someone to care and massage you and it would be nice to stay as long as possible to make sure there are no complications to bite you when you return which could be dangerous and definitively costly. I would chose a doctor abroad that operates out of a hospital which is better equiped to handle any emergencies which might occur, the negative issues that have been in the media regarding fatalities by doctors which have a lot of great results and reviews in the Dominican Republic, were not performed in a Hospital, but in a surgery center, which is very different. I think taking care of yourself prior and after surgery is very important and realizing that costumes abroad are quite different than what one is used to in the US. As far as drastic changes, which require more aggressive surgery, the Dominican Republic is famous for their tiny waist, big hip, huge asses and create miracles that sometimes it is hard to believe the after pictures are the same women as the before. Whatever you do realize no doctor can prevent issues that arise when one does not divulge a complete and accurate medical history so it is good to be honest and clear about what you want, and realize that not all skins respond the same to surgery, scarring, and that the recuperation and pain periods are as varied as the people themselves....Thanks for sharing, hope you post some before pictures as it helps people identify themselves with the different body types to see the possibility of what their own outcome by watching your process. Blessings and love sent your way. Wishing you a safe surgery with tolerable discomfort and wonderful results....Gina la Cubana from Santa Cruz, California
I went toT.J. and everything turnedrout great! Facilities were nice! I'm 7 days post-op with no complaints.

My brain hurts

I've been on RS constantly the last two days & my head is spinning. It's hard to know where to start. I need lipo & bbl and will probably be traveling solo. I'm thinking November this year or late January would be ideal. I didn't have any reservations abt traveling to DR for surgery until my husband brought up some valid concerns. I guess I'm still open to it but I'm now trying to research a few Docs in Florida. I live in California but I doubt if I can get the surgery done out here for less than 12k. Do any of u gals have any advice on starting this journey? Thanks!

Thank u sexeeangel. I saw your before & after pics & u look great! This definitely is a process. I think I'm just being impatient.
Thank you so much!!! Patience is a virtue and this is no rush process! It took me to years just to sign on becz I did two years of research so take ur time!
Thanks Gina for the advice. You've given me some great points to consider. I will post some pics in the next few days so u guys can see where my starting point is.

Selection process

Ok girls...so I think I've narrowed my list down a bit. So far I'm loving what Dr.Baez & what Dr. Duran is doing. I like that they both are giving patients a nice round projection & hips. I'm 5'4" 172, married with 3 kiddos. I have no hips at all and they literally dent inwards where they should be :( I'm not a fan of getting a TT so whomever I select will just have to lipo what they can. I had a hysterectomy last year so I will not be stretching out this stomach anymore with pregnancy. I noticed 2 (significant) differences while researching Docs here in the US versus DR. 1. Recovery seems to be better here. So idk if it's lack of anesthesia experience or lack of better medicine for anesthesia. It is not acceptable to wake up during your procedure. Also, the girls who are reporting excruciating pain for 4 or more days had their sx abroad.
2. (Which is the flip side to #1). The results you get in the DR are incredible! You ladies look amazing!!! It seems like here the work is a little more conservative as far as the amount of fat transferred. I'm not looking for conservative. I'm looking to stop traffic lol. I've seen some work in Florida that was great though but for twice as much.
Oh well girls... Either way, December or January it's on. This gives me plenty of time to learn more from u all. I promise I'll have the hubby take some pics so I can post for u guys.

Do tons of research and then make an informed decision. Ultimately you know what you are willing to compromise on. Is the language barrier an issue for you? Is money a concern? Are you very sensitive to the idea of being alone in a foreign country if something goes wrong ? Some issues I ran into when trying to choose a surgeon were non factors for others. Good luck to you. I hope you find a surgeon you trust and get the outcome you desire
I think I want this so badly that the things that u listed are not issues for me. I want the best post op pain management and I pray that I will not need a transfusion. You brought up some great points and ur input is appreciated.
One of the differences I've noticed is that women seem to get much more aggressive lipo in DR, which may account for some of the differences in healing experiences.

It's been a while

So I talked with Lian with Vanity about selecting Dr. Fisher. I ended up declining to get a quote because I don't believe he can give me what I want. I've decided to go with Dr. Duran and I will request a consultation from her tomorrow. My husband isn't too thrilled about me having this done but I know he will love it afterwards. I was asked if I'm prepared for all the male attention I'm going to get. I can't answer that question because I've never had someone admire my ass. My face, and my boobs yes, but never my ass. I think the men feel a little insecure with the thought of us having this done. My husband even joked around and said I'm going to leave him after I get the surgery. I 'm very close to both my parents but I haven't even told them abt the surgery. My Father will think it's sinful & my Mother will think it's stupid.
I'm concerned most about post op pain & returning to work with a huge ass. I work @ a hospital & we're all pretty close. If I come in sitting on a yoga mat they're gonna have some questions, lol. If u guys have any clever ideas on how I can transition or what to say to my nosey co-workers plz help a sista out.
Well it's almost midnight so I'm going to try to sleep. I haven't been getting much rest with all these darn earthquakes making me paranoid. If I left anything out or u guys have any questions or need more pics just let me know.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Irritated...

Ok so I sent a request to Dr. Duran to what I think was her direct website. I read that there were some problems with fraudulent sites so I'm not even sure if it was even her real website. When I contacted Dr. Fisher it was through the RS website. There was a box I filled out to receive a free consultation. I don't see that for Dr. Duran or perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. So I had my heart set on Duran but I'm very impatient. Do any of u dolls have a better way to contact her? Snail mail, carrier pigeon, 2 tin cans on a string?
Ok so now I feel like I need a back up plan. Any suggestions? Also, my husband has changed his tune about me getting a bbl. It went from, "You're perfect, u wanna risk ur life for an ass?" Now it's, "Omg so I've been picturing u with this butt I saw on IG".... Lol looks like somebody is coming along.
So anyways... I'm going to start gathering supplies for surgery this weekend. I think it'll motivate me & keep my spirits up. I just want this done. I'm tired of stalking asses before bed every night, lol. The struggle is real :(

Please join RealSelf or sign in.