Fraxel 1550 in Antalya, Turkey

I'm a 30-something working in Europe and after...

I'm a 30-something working in Europe and after some recommendations and a great amount of research, I decided to go to Turkey for a few procedures. The best part about Turkey is that it is easy to find doctors who have conducted many procedures in which they specialize. Turkish women are well known for embracing esthetic procedures and their society does not shun or frown upon such procedures. Their medical professionals are well-trained and very well-educated -- very easy to find all qualifications.

One area of concern was my skin as it has become unforgiving in recent years and the slightest bit of acne will leave a dark spot. Over the last couple of years, my skin tone became uneven. I tried many different face creams and skin brighteners to no avail. Finally, after some research and recommendations, I decided to have laser treatment. I had Fraxel on my face done in a clinic in Antalya. The dermatologist I went to was a last-minute recommendation. The person who recommended this doctor was much older than me, but had glowing and flawless skin! Anyway, the dermatologist was very cold and aloof, which is fine as I wasn't there to socialize. However, she did not take the time to focus on the problem areas or the areas I was concerned about. She did not use any numbing cream on my face and the procedure was very painful. I was told it would be, but was not explained the kind of sensation it would be. It felt like having severely sunburned skin and having it scratched all over!

I was very red after the procedure and in pain. The pain had subsided a few hours later but I was still very red the next day. During Days 2 - 4, I had a brown hue to my skin, which was fine as it made me look sunkissed. The dermatologist prescribed three different creams to use and the creams burned during the first two days after the Fraxel procedure. They also made my skin look very shiny and didn't seem to be moisturizing at all. A complete waste of money and time. I reverted to my regular face cream and I've added sunblock (SPF50+) for the face and my skin felt much better.

There was a slight feeling of tightness on the day after Fraxel. By days 3 and 4, the "flaking" was completely gone. There wasn't much flaking anyway. I think the derm did a very light/superficial session. I wish she would have gone a bit more intense as I still have the dark spots I wanted to correct. My skin is smoother to the touch, but there is still considerable unevenness in my skin tone. I intend to re-do Fraxel but after finding another dermatologist through diligent research. The procedure is worth it if it is tailored to your specific concerns.

It is a bummer that you didn't get the results you wanted, but after reading reviews on here, and how painful people say Fraxel is, its probably a good thing she didn't give you a deeper session if you weren't being offered any numbing agents or pain meds.

Do you speak Turkish, or did the people at the office you went to speak English?

The dermatologist who performed this procedure did not mention the HUGE consultation fee when I initially asked for the price of having Fraxel. She told me the price of Fraxel (about $395) and the fee for the oxygen facial before the Fraxel procedure -- NO mention of a consultation fee. Especially upset because she didn't do anything during the consultation except tell me that I have combination skin after peering into it using her high tech in-office equipment for about 10 seconds.