Cannot wait to be on the flat side! At age 54 I...

Cannot wait to be on the flat side! At age 54 I wish I could have done it 19 years ago after my third child's birth. Happy to be doing it now! I found a great doctor close to where I live. I loved his staff, no one was snooty. I liked that only half of his work is optional cosmetic surgeries like tummy tucks and breast augmentations. His staff says he's a perfectionist!

As an older candidate I have different issues than a younger candidate with firmer skin. Being post menopausal my body an skin have changed dramatically over the last several years. I have more fat around my middle and back than I did when per menapause and my skin is thinner as well. I am hoping the added lipo to the back will help bring back my waist.

Before pics

Here are my before pics. I'm glad to gave a place to record my before and afters. I hope someone else will be helped along their journey with the addition of my pictures and words.

I'm having Full TT with lipo to hip and back. I really hope I lose some inches from my waist. I'm short waisted with long legs, even so I hope the waist goes down at least 3-4 inches.

Here are my stats:
Age 54
Height. 5'7"
Weight 140
Waist 33"
Hip 37.5"
Fattest part of belly above hip 38
Ya, my belly is fatter than my butt!

Pre Op appointment today

I went for my pre op appointment today and now I'm super excited for November 12 to come. My PS was very reassuring. I believe my outcome will be excellent. The staff says that he is a perfectionist. I was worried that he wouldn't get enough fat with the liposuction, but he said he would get every bit he could and it's better not to over due it on the lipo. You can always go back and touch it up.

Per op today , TT Nov. 12

A tummy tuck only flattens the front half of the stomach. Most of us need liposuction to really give us the nice curvy shape we are truly looking for. My PS is doing my back and flanks, which I am paying extra for, and he doing my upper stomach and mons as needed as part of my TT. I'm very excited that I chose a talented PS.

One week to go

I'm really looking forward to Tuesday next week. I will be on the flat side and living through the pain and fatigue of the recovery process. I'm so nervous that I dropped a few pounds. The PS said I would be 5 lbs lighter after the surgery. I'm don't really want to loose more.

So tired

This is post op day three for me. I have so much swelling. I had no idea that it would be this bad. I'm feeling so much better today, only had one nap. I've been spreading out my pain relief to every 5 to 6 hours and hoping that I won't need anything in a couple more days. My PS does not use drains so I feel like I can't see any improvement yet with all of the swelling. I'm taking bromelain and arnica. I feel so pale and weak that I added a second iron supplement to my daily pill routine. My head feels less cloudy today and I like that.

Swelling getting slightly better

I slept the entire night in my bed last night! My body feels good but my head was throbbing this morning. I did not keep up on my Tylenol and paid for it. I have so much bruising. I would really like to fast forward three months right now and get a glimpse of the future body. I hate this swell hell I'm going through.

Bruising the worst I've seen!

These pictures are for all you ladies who didn't bruise much, so that you all can be very thankful on your journey. And for those of you who did bruise a lot, join the club! This to shall pass.

I have been taking Bromelain tablets twice a day, which I think helps and using arnica jell on the areas, which I don't think helps.

I'm down 5 lbs of edema today and felt I could actually take some pictures that didn't make my belly look so fat. Forgive the bed head, I got up an hour ago and haven't even had my coffee yet.

Feeling mostly normal

I started walking upright yesterday and feel great. My midsection back and front is still numb. I'm able to move a bit more normally each day. Getting up from a sitting position is slow going. I'm having a friend over for lunch tomorrow then getting my hair cut, going to slowly clean my house today. It feels great to have energy!

Moving better everyday

I went shopping for 4 hours yesterday with my friend. We had a great time and I felt good after I got home. Each day I'm seeing improvements in my stamina and swelling. I have a wedding to attend just befor Christmas and I can't wait to go dress shopping. I really want to show off my neat little figure!

9 day post OP photos

These are from day 9, I'll post my stitches out pictures tomorrow. I just wanted a place to record my progress and get these pictures off my iPad so non of my kids will tease me for taking pictures of my progress.

Swelling down, spirits up!

I love where I'm at right now and so happy that I can expect my results to be even better! I have all of my old energy back, my swelling is way down, and I'm feeling happy about my results. I can't wait to buy some new figure flattering clothes, nothing fits!

Down a size

I went shopping for dress pants yesterday and none of the 8's fit. Ha! Not only am I down a size, but I look so good in clothes now! My only regret about the TT is that the surgeon did not place my scar an inch lower in the middle. I have a vast area of mons now and cannot wear a low cut bikini bottom.

Three week and everything is going great

Went for my lymphatic massage at my PS office today and the massage therapist said my swelling was remarkable for three weeks. I have very little swelling overall. By evening I'm up a pound or two from my morning weight, I feel tight, but not like the first week! I went back to work today too. I made it through just fine, not too tired. The nerves in my skin over my tummy have started to wake up and I hate the way it feels. Any time I move the compression garment feels like it's rubbing or moving slightly over my skin and my nerves feel over stimulated, I can't really explain it, it's not really burning or hurting, but I just hate it. Overall I feel pretty darn good. I'm wearing a size smaller pants and they look darn good over my flat tummy. No lower belly protruding out! My skinny jeans are a bit large around the waist. I love them because I have long legs and paired with some cut boots I feel kick ass good!

I hate going out in the cold

My tummy skin feels like it shrinks and feels like someone super glued it over my tummy area every time I go outside. It feels so hard when the chilled air hits me I just tense up and hunch over.

4 weeks today

I'm so glad I had a drainless TT. I believe my PS did a great job of quilting down my skin. I have had very little swelling since day 9. My lipo spots are still hard, but softening with massage. I think it's too early to consider my results, but here are my stats. I did lose 4 lbs of skin and fat during surgery.

Here are my stats:

Waist 33.5" 29.5"
Hip 37.5" 37"
belly above hip 38" 36"

Ugh!

Ugh! My stats got run together

7 weeks Yay!

Well it has been 7 weeks and I survived the holidays! I have good days and not so good days. This week I've had off from work but spent the time helping my daughter and son in law paint their new house. After the first day do painting I thought my lipo areas were going to burst with swelling! Not really, but I hadn't hurt this much before. Today was day four of painting and I spent 8 hours at her house working and feel fine tonight. Go figure. I have begun to do short twenty minute aerobic workouts and they feel good. I haven't exercised regularly in years. The stretching feels really good when my lipo areas are bothering me. Next week it's back to work again. I really got depressed this week over my scar placement. I think it's too high in the middle. I'm very short waisted and have only 5.75" between the center of my BB and the top of my clitoral hood. The PS only gave me 2.25" from my belly button to my scar, not even a handful of flat tummy skin. My mons looks disproportionately large because of this. My PS said we would discuss the issue at 6 months. Of course I'm obsessing on it. I only want 1.25" more inches! You'll see all in my pictures. Sorry if there is too much of me in them. Overall I have more energy at 7 weeks but I haven't posted any updates because I don't have much change going on in my body shape. The tissue is still a bit hard under my BB. The lipo areas on my sides still hurt at times. My belly tissue from navel down is waking up and the nerves feel raw. The tissue above my scar that is dark is softening up a little. My upper abs skin is loose now. I'm just moving along in the healing process!

Lipo spots still swelling

At 10 weeks I have some improvement in my nerve pain. Most of the pain I've been having from my nerves waking up is going away, FINALLY! Last week I had a terrible bout of swelling in my liposuctioned areas, especially my right side. I called the PS office and the nurse said to gently massage the area, which I've been doing all along, and call back in a week if it's not better. She also said to make sure I'm drinking plenty of water, which I usually do. So I've been wearing my CG all week and watching my fluid intake carefully. I do feel better, but the swelling is still there by the end of the day, only not so bad as a week ago. I think too that my feeling is coming back to more of those liposuction areas. I didn't feel the pain before because it was still numb.

On a happier note I went shopping yesterday and I now fit into 4's and 6's. Since star thing this journey in March of last year I have changed my eating habits. I dropped 2.5 lbs this week without trying. I was upset over the holidays for gaining 2 lbs from eating poorly and now I weigh less than before Christmas! I will be careful. I think where I'm at is plenty thin for me.

My scar looks red, but that's the way it's supposed to look at this stage. I'm using a long silicone strip over it for 12 hours a day. It's feeling flatter and softer. I was using ScarguardMD but I didn't like the way it peeled and flaked everywhere. The silicone strip has made my scar softer and flatter. I guess it really won't matter in the end it will fade. I like to think I'm more in control, and using something gives me that sense that I am.

I wish I would have taken "before" pics of my back to show the difference the body contouring has made. At 54 everything starts to sag, so my results aren't what someone younger could expect, but I'm happy!

Stats
Weight 129
Waist 29.5"
Above hip where the fat role used to be 35"
Hips 36"
I've shrunk enough, except for my waist which I wish was 28"!

Forgot to add...

I haven't had much swelling from the TT itself, it's been the liposuction that has been the hardest part to heal from for me. Some of that is beginning to resolve too. More of my numb areas are waking up and my skin has become much softer since the edema has begun to resolve itself in the tissue over my belly. I still have a dark area that is quite firm above my incision. It's starting to soften up to. I'm only 10 weeks out and I know that I have a ways to go yet.

Week 14

Not much new to report. I'm weened from my CG and Spanx. I'm still numb on my back and sides from the liposuction. Still numb just above my scar. The scar is looking a little better. I have all of my energy back. I'm not swelling as much as I was even two weeks ago. The pain from the nerves healing is gone. The nerve pain was really quite painful and uncomfortable for me. I think getting past this has enables me to feel comfortable without my CG or Spanx. I can comfortably wear any clothes now. I won't see my PS for another month, but I'm starting to compile a list of concerns. My biggest concern is lowering my scar in the middle by at least an inch. Second concern is the fat hip bumps just beyond the ends of my scar. This could be my anatomy. Third concern, the dimpling of the cannula entry points for my liposuction. I heard these scars could be released. Fourth, a small fat role on the left side of my back. I'm hoping or a small touch up to make my back look more symmetrical. I'll update after my appointment at the end of March. My pics don't show any real change at this point.

16 weeks, I have hip bones!

I saw my hip bones for the first time in many years! I can't believe at 16 weeks I'm still seeing changes! It was a nice surprise since I was feeling a bit bloated from the party I went to the night before.
So far this past month :
- I've been itchy in the lipo areas where the feeling is coming back
- I have my energy and stamina back 100%
- I've been exercising more and it helps with healing, swelling, everything!
- my skin has softened up around above my scar a bit more
- my scar dropped 1/4"
I see my PS at the end of this month and have started a list of questions to ask.

Love my results

My little cutie!

Sitting pictures. Not sure why I'm posting these!

Once your skin softens up, you go back to having a bit of flab around the middle.

4 1/2 Months Doctor visit today and great news

I'm back from a visit to my PS today. He said my scar was a little hypertrophic. Not so much that I needed any steroid injections. He suggested to keep using the ScarGaurd MD that I purchased at his office. He said that I still have swelling above my scar and that I should be massaging it to help resolve the swelling. The sooner the swelling is resolved the sooner I will heal. I asked him about lowering my scar and he said he can, but I need to finish healing first. YAY! He wants me to be ecstatically happy with my results! This was great news for me today!

5 months, nearly

I'm adding pics of my hypertrophic scar. It doesn't look as red as the pictures make it look. I will be getting it lowered in the future.

More 5 month pics

For these pics I tried different lighting. These are morning pics. I only feel a little swollen by evening most days and it's in the liposuctioned areas of my sides and back. I don't see much change in the photos over the last few months. however I did loose a few more pounds and my measurements went down a bit. My old clothes are all too loose, even my tops. I'm wearing 4's in pants and small tops mostly. Weight today is 127 # and waist measures 28.5" this morning. I'm 5'7" and a medium build, my short torso and long legs make me a bit thicker through the middle than others.

Scar at 6 months

My scar is starting to lighten up a little bit. I've been giving the scar some aggressive massaging since The last time I saw my PS and I'm still using ScarguardMD. I think the massaging has really made a difference in how much it has softened up. At 6 months PO I can still feel some swelling in my sides and back. I don't really swell in my belly area. It's the liposuctioned areas that have always bothered me. Not much change there. I've been keeping my weight around 128 and I'm loving the attention my little middle is getting!

7 months

I still can feel a little swelling toward evening in my sides and back where I had lipo done. Much of the numbness has gone away, a little does remain. I think I'll have full feeling back everywhere in the future. My scar is starting to fade slowly. It still itches at times. I've stopped putting the ScarGaurd MD and the silicone strip on it. I put Aquaphor on it everyday to keep it moisturized. I think there are dissolvable stitches under the skin that haven't dissolved yet. I think these are causing the itching and redness that remains. The scar itself is turning white. I have continue to massage it daily. I believe massaging helps more than anything. It keeps the scar soft and the adhesions aren't so bad beneath.

I see my PS on July 17 and I hope to plan a revision for sometime in the fall to lower my scar a bit. I'm hoping he will do a touch-up lipo on my back left side. It bulges just a little and I'd it to match the right side.

I haven't regretted one moment having done this surgery, on the contrary, I LOVE my belly for the first time in my life. I'm thankful everyday for my flat belly! What other skinny, flat bellied women take for granted I could only have achieved through surgery and I'm so glad I did it!

8 months

I had a tummy check with my PS last week. Nothing new to report. My skin is to taunt to do a revision at this time. I'll see him in November. He looked at my scar and didn't like the large scares near my hip bones. He called his assistant in to have a look and discussed doing the stitching a different way. He did not offer to revise them. I don't think my doctor wrote down in my chat that I want a revision because after he showed the other doc my scar he acted like everything was fine and we were done. I told him I wanted a revision, again for the third time, and he said that he would do it to make me happy. There's no laxity in my skin what so ever. He said to massage the skin. It's really what I expected. I don't think there will be much change in 4 months, but you can bet I will be massaging that area like crazy! I've been working at my scar everyday to keep it pliable.

I'll update with pictures later. Not much change. I've been busy this summer and dropped a few more pounds, not on purpose. I'll gain them back when the daylight savings time goes away and there's less daylight to play in!

I really do like and trust my surgeon, enough that I recommended my daughter to him. She's looking to get a breast augmentation, a rhinoplasty, and otoplasty in November. Yikes! She'll be a new woman!

Scar at 8 months

You look stunning! Your transformation is remarkable. Very lovely results!!!!
Thank you!
You look so great! Love your bb and I must agree that your skin looks super taut and not sure if there will be much for doc to cut and pull down.
Thanks! That's what I'm afraid of. I think it may take two full years before it relaxes enough. I'm sure in four months when I see my PS again there won't be enough change. Even if I never get a revision I'm super happy with my results. My scar is the only thing holding me back from saying that it couldn't have turned out better!
Thanks for sharing your journey:) I am a similar age, weight, height body shape (as in not much of a waist) although it looks better with you cause you have the hips to give a bit of a curve. I hope I look as flat as you do in the coming months!! I totally agree with you re massaging, it is all I am doing(tedious as it is becoming now;)) I hope it pays off x
I'm glad sharing my journey helps others! Yes, we do share similar shapes. I don't think I would have had any waistline at all without having the liposuction to my back and flanks. The doctor took off 900cc of tummy tuck fat roll and another 900cc of liposuctioned fat. He remarked afterward that he was surprised that he got so much! I'm going to keep up on the massaging! Glad to know its worth the effort.
I think you look sexy and awesome!
Thank you! ;)
You look fabulous in the bikini! Like you, I haven't regretted on moment. I totally agree I also love my belly for the first time too.
You look GREAT
Thank you! Not much more waiting for you! You're going to love it!
OMG....AMAZING . U PS did great. Congrats
Thank you! You'll love your results too!
You look terrific!! I'd take a higher scar any day to be FLAT!!! I'm still hiding behind a tankini...amazes me to think I can weigh 107, have had a tummy tuck and still can't wear a bikini...so I will live vicariously through you until I get a revision! Keep posting!
Thanks FP! I hope a revision takes care of your concerns. I looked at your pics again and overall you do have a very nice figure!
You look absolutely perfect! Definitely hot, hot, hot for a 55 year old!!! I would kill for legs like yours. I've always wanted thicker thighs as mine have always been super skinny. Had I planned it better I could have taken all my abdominal fat to have injected into my thighs--a thigh augmentation!! Never even heard of that one! Lots of Brazilian butt lifts but no thigh augmentations! I should suggest it to my surgeon. Perhaps he'd like to use me as his guinea pig to do his first such procedure IF I have enough fat left (probably on my back). Seriously, I think I'd rather have a face lift to match my youthful abdomen. Have been entertaining that idea lately but not sure if I can ever get hubby onboard. I have no regrets about this revision! Good luck with your appointment in July. Hope your surgeon can somehow lower your scar without messing up anything.
LOL, I always wanted thinner thighs to go with my skinny calves and ankles. We always want what we don't have. So glad my PS could give me a flat tummy though. I hear you on the face lift. I'd really like to have something done in the future. I think I can hold out until I'm 60 at least. My neck looks pretty darn good. I've been very careful about sun exposure for the last 30 years. Menopause does a number on the fat layer in skin and no amount of sun precaution can compensate for the fat loss and thinning of skin after you go through it. I think a little filler is in my near future! Good luck getting your hubby on board!
My face and neck look like I"m 63 (at least) and I particularly hate my turkey neck. The trouble with facelifts is that , unlike tummy tucks, they only last five to ten years. I think we all hate these age-related changes! I'm so grateful that I'm in excellent health and able to participate in all those things that I enjoy. Not everyone my age is so lucky. Feeling great really is much more important than looking great but I'll gladly take BOTH!
Blubberbelly, I'll get in line right behind you on fixing skinny legs! Lol!
Hey, FP, perhaps we can strike up a deal with a surgeon and get a two for one deal on a thigh augmentation!!
Btw, have you tried doing that hand thing pic on your tummy? It looks like you can fit all 4 fingers now between your bb and scar.
It does look like I have more skin below my BB, but I've only gained a 1/4" over the last several months! When I first measured the area it was 2.5" now it's 2.75" . I can fit 4 fingers under it now, however I'd really like an nice more. I'm going to discuss how it might affect my results if I go for a revision. I won't do it if it will mess up anything I have now. One mote month and I'll know!
I went back and looked at my review after your comment above. And I remeasured myself from BB to scar. I can fit all four fingers now. I actually started out with 2.25" between scar and BB, and now I have 2.75". I gained a half inch. I was thinking I only gained 1/4", but I've added another 1/4" along the way. Yay! I still want an inch. One month to go before I can ask again.
You...look..Mahvelous dahling! Im still taping my incision cuz my ps says the scar is still evolving also, it feels better supported during yoga when i attempt some very minor back bends since tape feels like its keeping the skin together. Anyhoo, I'm hoping it helps with the ropiness. Doc says it will flatten over time. Well, i got the time. I love your pic in the bikini, you definitely will give the younger girls a run for their money. Your BB is super cute too!