Using Liquid Nitrogen to Get Rid of Brown Spots/Sun Damage - Anaheim, CA

I have brown spots on my forearms, lower legs and...

I have brown spots on my forearms, lower legs and shoulders. I have been considering laser to get rid of them but the Dermatologist suggesting spot treating with liquid nitrogen first. Then we can see what is left and use a laser if desired.

We used a conservative approach because if you go too deep with the liquid nitrogen it can leave a small white spot.

The procedure only took a matter of minutes. It stung a little here and there so there very minor discomfort. I am now 5 days post treatment. As expected I have a bunch of small red spots where the brown spots were. Some are a bump and others are smooth. I expect to take a few weeks to heal from these so I will be wearing long sleeves and pants for while. Here are pictures.

So far so good

Today at 12 days after all of the scabs have come off both shoulders, my chest and left arms. I have 3 spots remaining on my right arm. Most of the scabs are still on my legs.

Where ever the scabs have come off I see pink skin no brown. So far it looks good and I am happy with the results. Here are pictures

3 Weeks post treatment

I am pleased with the results on my shoulders and arms. The treated spots on my arms are small and pink and fading nicely. The treated spots on my legs are still pretty big and noticeable. The jury is still out on my legs. I know it can take possibly months for the final results to be known so I will keep my fingers crossed that the spots on my legs fade.

4 Weeks post procedure

The spots on my legs are still very visible. They are very dark pink. It doesn't appear that much has changed since last week. I remain hopeful that the spots on my legs will fade

Red Spots Still on Legs

The red spots are still on my legs. The doctor said the legs will take longer to heal. I have been prescribed a fade cream to help the red spots fade. I am still optimistic that these spots will eventually fade and the brown spots will be gone. I am happy with the arms and shoulders.
Dr. Jeffrey Hicks

Dr. Hicks was friendly and personable. He answered my questions. He likes to take the conservative approach which appealed to me because I wanted to minimize the risk of getting small white scars where the liquid nitrogen was used.