Great Overall Septo-Rhinoplasty Experience (Updated!)

I would absolutely, without a doubt, recommend Dr....

I would absolutely, without a doubt, recommend Dr. C. I had two recommendations from a family friend to PSs in the Milwaukee area and ended up picking Dr. C to do my surgery although I didn't know anyone who knew him. I was absolutely terrified to have this surgery with someone whom I had only selected based on my own research and intuition, but exactly one week after surgery, I feel certain that I made the right choice. I just got my splint off yesterday, and although my nose is clearly swollen, I'm frankly in love with it. This coming from a girl who, like so many of us, was always *dreadfully* uncomfortable with her crookedness, hanging columnella, hump and overprojection :) Perhaps most importantly, I can already breathe as well as I did before surgery, at least intermittently (the stuffiness comes and goes), so I'm confident that my breathing will actually improve in the long run (one of my main goals in having the operation).

The most impressive thing about my experience with Dr. C is that he *listened* to me in a truly meaningful way. The day before my surgery, I was looking at some of the photos on his website and realized that there were a few things about my "ideal nose" that differed from the outcomes for some of his patients and that I hadn't thought to discuss with him previously. I eventually found out that some of the things I liked about my nose and wanted to preserve are not exactly fashionable these days (e.g., the slight hourglass shape of my nose from the front, which I know others on here have said they hate!) -- but regardless, when I explained what I needed, Dr. C completely understood and actually modified the plan he had made for the surgery pretty significantly to ensure that I'd be happy with the results. Just a week later, it's already clear that Dr. C truly understood what I wanted and was able to customize my treatment to align with my own aesthetic ideals, even when they were perhaps atypical. I am definitely proof that you *must* communicate what you want and find a doctor who can help you to achieve those goals (as long as they're reasonable given the current structure of your nose).

Right now, the only thing I worry about is how a decrease in swelling may change my nose. I already like it so much that I hope it doesn't change too much! But if you ask me, that's about the best fear you can have after an operation like this!

Some basic facts about my experience:
--Everything we accomplished we did via a closed procedure -- a huge surprise to me!
--My bruising (and my overall physical condition) was worst on the third day, but neither the bruising nor the pain was ever truly terrible, and I'm going around with no makeup on after only a week, with only a slight line of bruising under one eye.
--The surgical center that Dr. C works with is truly great. The nurse I worked with before my surgery was also there during my recovery and was jovial and sweet. Both Dr. C *and* the surgical center called the day after my surgery to see how I was doing. I received *flowers* from Dr. C's office. Flowers!! My family was so impressed at the follow-up care I received that they have been telling their friends about it.
--Dr. C is especially good at fixing crooked noses. He has page after page of photos of folks who have not originally been blessed with symmetrical noses...but whose noses are amazingly straight after he's done with them! (However, Dr. C also seems to be very good at understanding what will look good on you. The rest of my face is a little asymmetrical, so rather than giving me a perfectly symmetrical nose that would not, for example, have lined up with my lips, he corrected it just enough so that it perfectly blends in with my face.) I mention this because I've heard that correcting asymmetry can be one of the most challenging aspects of rhinoplasty :)
--You'll see in my pictures that my nose was severely overprojected from one side. However, I didn't ask for too much deprojection because it was very important to me not to look too different and to maintain the structure of my nose (especially my capacity to breathe).

I have been unhappy with my nose and breathing for years, and I literally can't believe I waited so long to do this. I wanted to write this review mainly to encourage others who might feel like me and be intimidated at the idea of choosing a surgeon with whom they don't have personal/family experience. I'm so glad that I didn't let myself be dissuaded from doing this. Bottom line: it's scary, but it's *worth it*!

Apparently my photos didn't post, so I'm trying...

Apparently my photos didn't post, so I'm trying again!!

It's been almost a year since I had this...

it's been almost a year since I had this procedure, and things are still pretty great. I can breathe amazingly well (the main purpose of the procedure for me), and although some of my original asymmetry has returned and the cartilage at the tip of my nose is a little bit uneven (not as a result of grafts, which I didn't have; it's just the way my existing cartilage settled), it's nothing compared to the original issues I had. I'm still very glad that I had the surgery, although the early results were *so* perfect-looking that it's been a little challenging adjusting to the small imperfections that have become visible with time/as the swelling has gone down.

4.5 months after minor touch-up: things are even better

So, as I was saying in the comment below, we did a minor touch-up this past summer (at no cost to me) that nearly eliminated the small imperfections after my original surgery; the asymmetry that had returned is basically entirely gone, and the cartilage at the tip of my nose is almost completely even now. Whereas I did stress about my nose at some points last year, since the touch-up I've barely even thought about it because things are so close to perfect! And my breathing, the original reason for my surgery, continues to be much better than it was before I had this done.
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Happy for you! Thanks for sharing. :)
And I also appreciate how kind and thoughtful your responses were to those who had negative experiences. Thanks for taking the time to share!
I don't even want to live after Dr. Campbell screwed up my nose so bad. I know numerous people that are completely distraught with their results. Don't let one person (who still had to have a revision mind you) make you think otherwise.
I know I posted this before when you first commented on my review in September of last year, but I just want to say again how sorry I am about what you experienced and are experiencing. I truly hope that your situation gets resolved. I should probably note that I got a second opinion on my nose (from a surgeon in L.A.) before doing the touch-up, and he said the issues were sufficiently minor that 50% of patients wouldn't choose to do a revision in my shoes. So it was definitely my choice to do the revision, and I was lucky that the issues were very small. But of course, I'm only one person, and this is just my one experience. I just wish your outcome were better -- again, I'm so sorry, and I hope you can get relief through a revision.
where are the numerous complaints?
I love your nose! Thanks for the photos
How are things now?
things are actually great; we did a very slight touch-up to my nose this past July (for which I paid not a cent, which was awesome!), and it looks even better now. I'll post a short update above!
Really lovely!
Nice, absolutely gorgeous..
oh my goodness, thank you so much ferrero! I definitely was very specific about what I wanted. actually, I realized at one point that there were certain things I wanted to make sure were *not* changed, and we talked about that right up until the morning of the surgery. I looked at other patients' before and after pictures and used both those photos and pictures of myself and even my mom to help illustrate what I wanted and make sure I still looked like "me." my aim was really to breathe better and correct what was truly aberrant about my nose, not to do too much cosmetically, and Dr. C did an amazing job accommodating that when I gave him the details.
You're so pretty! I love your after nose - he did do a great job. Congrats on the success :) Did you go in with a specific list of things you wanted done or just let him do his thing?
yes, I am still very happy. I'll post another picture now for people's info. -- I didn't have any implants or anything, so my case was simple compared to your revision rhinoplasty (I saw from your other post that yours was a revision?), but Dr. C's great work has lasted for me after 3 months. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your revision....
Are you still happy with your results? I too had a rhinoplasty performed by this doctor. At first, I was thrilled with my results. However, when the swelling went down, I was left with a huge lump of grafted cartilage on the left side of my tip - totally uneven! Plus, you can see my bridge is crooked. I have since had a revision surgery (by another doctor) but much of the damage caused by Dr. C is irreversible. Why he added cartilage to my alread bulbous nose I have NO IDEA. I tell everyone I know to steer clear of this guy. With that, I truly do hope you are still happy with your results!!
I have the same issue on the left side of my nose after having a rhino/septo performed by campbell. Also, I was left with a hanging collemna and breathing issues to boot. Consider yourself lucky. This guy is a horrible doctor and I for one am skeptical about this review, as all his positive reviews seem to be written by the same person.
I'm very sorry that you have had problems after your surgery, and if you are seeking a revision, I wish you the best of luck. I do think it's important, however, not to express unnecessary animosity toward those who have had successful surgeries. Phrases like "consider yourself lucky" and accusations of false reviews are really unkind (especially to someone who has taken the trouble to post a lot of details and pictures), and it's saddening to think that in a community that is supposed to be focused on providing support for others, we're picking on each other for having differences of opinion or different experiences. I don't think that I've done anything to deserve such negative attention.

That being said, of course I understand if you want others to know about your negative experience. But perhaps it might be more helpful for you to write your own review (and post your own pictures and details) rather than making mean-spirited comments here.

I can assure you that this is a valid review by a real member. Let's keep it supportive here please.

I apologize if you felt this was an attempt to "pick on" anyone, trust me, it wasn't. I was actually just responding to Kingston1622 who had a similar experience with this doctor. Also, I wanted to touch on the fact that in my opinion, most of this doctor's positive reviews seem to be written by the same individual. If your results are in fact real, congratulations!
Thank you for sharing your similar experience (I have not been on here in a very long time, so I apologize I am just seeing your comment from September now!). I am still just completely DEVASTATED by my results. I would do anything to go back in time and have done my research. Instead, I was a fool in thinking the more glamorous the facility/advertising and the higher the price meant a superior result - NOT THE CASE!! I went so far as to even ask (though I was denied - shocker!) for some sort of compensation as this has not only been a disaster physically (I still have a huge bump on the side of my nose and there is no symmetry) and financially (Dr. Campbell's price was incredibly high plus I have since had to have a revision done by another doctor), but mentally and emotionally as well! Thus, all I can do at this point is make every effort I can to prevent people from undergoing surgery with this doctor!!
thanks for the comments, guys! billy04, let me know if you have any questions or anything, and good luck! I'm sure you'll love your new nose!
Very nice! hopefully the outcome of my surgery will be as good as yours!

You look wonderful! Thank you so much for posting your story and photos (sorry they didn't load the first time). It sounds like you really did your research and got exactly what you wanted out of this.