Liposuction of Lower Back/flank and Bra Roll - Alpharetta, GA

I am 34, 5'3, 150lbs and have 3 children, I...

I am 34, 5'3, 150lbs and have 3 children, I decided to have lipo just to sculpture my waist line and provide me with more of an hourglass figure and I did have bra rolls that I wanted gone also.

So I had my surgery Feb. 21st I was in the surgery room for 3 hours, I know the whole time I wasn't being lipoed but I went in the room at 10 and didn't leave until 130. I thought I wouldbe really nervous but that 1 little valium killed all myfears.I am relatively small built and I have good skin elasticity I don't have a saggy belly or stretch marks just stubborn fat deposits but I noticed when I was being lipoed there was a lot of liquid (blood and tumescent fluid) and only about and inch of fat accumulated at the top so I don't think im going to see much results.

Right now I can see a  little at the bra roll but my  not much in the waist and just so you know I took my pain meds the first and second day and I am still sore but I don't need that kind of pain medicaton to cope I do have a couple days of antibiotics left though.

I will post before and after pics when I get my after pics. My MD and  his staff  were really good andstated he will make any adjustments needed once my swelling goes down.

Just a quick update. I am 9 days out from my...

Just a quick update. I am 9 days out from my surgery 10 if you count the surgery date and the swelling has gone down some I and still sore my son(17(") walked up behind me yesterday and tickled me, I thought I was going to die. Lesson, not ready for too much pressure. I can feel welps at lease 2in in legnth under my skin right where the insicions were made, I feel swelling about 2 1/2 inches wide over both hips but most of the swelling in my bra roll is gone but it still a little tender my back is a little tender but recovery has been really smooth. He may have gone a little shallow right under my rib cage but nothing noticeable to the eye as of yet. I'm planning on going to Daytona next week so I hope to be dawning a swim suit of any kind...im watching my diet (a little) and still walking 3.5 miles yesterday. Hopefully all I need is this 1 last week for the tenderness and most of the swelling and and this isn't swelling due to wfluid as I thought it would be it's definitely that in and out motion I think all of the fluid swelling is gone...hope this info is helpful, still pictures to come hopefully Tuesday.... :-)

I really liked my doctors bedside manor and he and his staff put my mind at ease during and after the procedure.

thank you so much I understood was you meant it was quite alright.

thanks,

Alison
Georgia P,

Yesterday when I typed my response to you I was using the keypad on my phone....I'm just now reading over what I typed and had to laugh at the parts that the "auto correct" feature inserted. What I meant to say was 1.) you can't change the DRESSINGS for the first 24 hours, and 2.) I took TYLENOL...certainly not toenail!

Again, good luck! Let me know if you have any questions. Also, if you see the posts from LovinMidtown she would be a good one to communicate w/ about her thoughts on the compression garments!
Hi Georgia P,

Everything about my procedure was pretty smooth-going! I had a little nervousness prior to the actual procedure, but the Dr. was fantastic about creating an environment that puts you at ease right away. The procedure took about 4 hours and I didn't really experience any pain. There were a few times that I had some discomfort but as soon as I said something the Dr. readjusted and everything was fine.

The first 24 hrs after were a little more of a challenge...mostly because you are a sopping wet mess from drainage & you can't change the feedings or shower before the 24hr. period passes. I took extra strength toenail for 2 days & pain was completely manageable! Sleeping is the hardest part because the binding garment is so tight and uncomfortable. Im about 2 months out & this is still the case. But the Dr. said committing to the compression garments is the key to best results so I push thru the discomfort.

The only issues I've had are all related to the compression garments. I've had difficulty getting a proper fit...and they are so uncomfortabe! I recommend a brand called Lipo Express, it's the must comfortable for me. My Drs office recommended "Ardyss" but it was nearly double the cost and unrealistically uncomfortable. I eventually found the Lipo Express garment and took it in to the Drs office for them to tell me if it was acceptable. If you have a good Dr., they should Work with you!

Good luck
thank you so much this is a great help
Hi Snellville 7988

I would like to know about your procedure the day of and how you felt the night before. I am interested in your few challenges because I am having my procedure in the next 3 weeks

thanks
Georgia P
I live in the Atlanta area, too. Can you post your Drs name?

Welcome to RealSelf, trena! Good luck with the rest of your recovery. I'll be following your review and am anxious to see your before and after pics.

me too! Thank you!