Not Sure What to Think - Alexandria, VA

I had laser lipo eight weeks ago. The first two...

I had laser lipo eight weeks ago. The first two weeks I had a lot of swelling but then saw some results in week three. However, after that there is more swelling and my stomach looks worse than before. I avoided sugar, caffeine and alcohol. I wore the garment and binder as directed. And I still wear the garment to date. My weight is two to three pounds lower now than when I had my procedure. I know I did not gain weight. When will I be able to see the results? I am very disappointed. Also, my stomach seems to be bigger in one side than the other. I went in for a follow up and they told me it was normal to look worse before you look better and I just don't know if this is normal. When I got off the table it looked great, but now it just doesn't look good at all.
Dr Gilad Segev

Did you ever see results?
It's totally normal. Takes up to a year for compete healing. Read my blog. It may answer a lot of ?? I'm almost a year out and have come a long way. Still not happy with upper abs. Feel fat was missed cuz belly was so large. Going back in for revision in 2 wks. That's the one part they don't explain to u. The waiting game. Swelling occurs because areas have basically been traumatized. It's a waiting game and frustrating. But. So worth it. Hope that helps some. I know what your going thru!!
Also I wore my garment 24/7 for 4 months. Spent a lot of $$ on a good one so I didn't mind wearing it at all
It's been 9 weeks since I had lipo. I measure around my belly button. I went from 38 inches to 36. I'm at 35.5 inches now. I'm trying to be patient but I'm wondering if it was worth it too. 'Bigbootytinywaist' gave me some good advice. Check out her profile.
which clinic?
American Lipo Centers, the Alexandria office
I went to Sono Bello Atlanta
OMG !!! You are preaching to the choir ! I had my procedure done on abs & flanks about 9 weeks ago and I felt like I looked great the first week and now it's kinda lumpy hard in some places and bulgy in some areas AND it looks like my flab is finding its way back :-( I haven't gained weight either . also when I wear anything pressing on my belly, jeans, loose pants even underwear leaves a groove mark in my belly that I can see & feel --it's like an indent !! It does fade after a few hours but its as though my belly is made of clay now !!! Hahaha !! Not funny but I am kinda freakin - I haven't had my follow up yet but I have heard the same , that you can't really judge until 6 months ! Yikes . Have you had any of these oddities ???
Yes, I have had the same issues. I am trying to avoid anything that presses against my stomach. I also have a hard lump on my side. I have been massaging it. But I am noticing this skin in that area is very rough and dry. So I am not sure what that means. I am starting think that I just threw my money away  Drinking green tea does really help with the swelling. But I feel like this “layer” of jiggle wont go away. When I got off the table it looked great. And I followed the doctors directions. I don’t know what the issues is. Six months is a long time!
Yep ! Not happy to hear that you are having these same issues but at least I am feeling that I am not the only one & perhaps what they say is true , we just have to wait . I have that hard spot as well but around my belly button area -it kinda like ropes around and the fat pooches pop out from the areas that aren't hard - weird to explain - I must say that I look better now in clothes and I am definitely smaller - I don't have that bloated BUDDAH belly anymore I just have and odd flatter belly now . Oh we'll --- it's not like I was flaunting my old pooch , so until the 6 month mark I will continue to keep my gut a secret & try to enjoy that I am at least a bit smaller - please stay in touch , do you have any photos ? I will update mine to show you what I mean .