Invisalign-the whole 9 yards! - Albury, AU

Thursday 3rd of April was the day I had my...

Thursday 3rd of April was the day I had my attachments put on and got my first set of aligners I was so excited/anxious. My hygienist was lovely and talked me through everything as she polished my teeth in preparation for my attachments (which are tooth coloured). A dental assistant then ran me through how to put my aligners in and out, how to clean my teeth and aligners, rules about eating and drinking etc. and made my follow up appointment for 6 weeks.
I was pretty devastated walking out that first day as I had heaps of attachments and I was expecting that I’d only have like one or two. It was really noticeable, the aligners were sharp and cut my tongue and I had a very noticeable lisp. I could feel pressure with them in, took some Panadol, had six beers and went to bed.
The next day my tongue was killing me and the pressure in my mouth was still present as well as my lisp. Being a nurse and talking to people all day made my job very uncomfortable. Thank god it was Friday! I used some wax around the sharp parts of the aligners to give me some relief on my tongue, worked a treat.
Over the next few days the pressure subsided, eating became easier, my tongue toughened up but come Tuesday the lisp is still present. Hoping it will go away soon so I can talk more confidently at work. People who know I have them on don’t notice the aligners (or so they say) and people I haven’t told haven’t mentioned a thing so far. Not that I care, just not enjoying the lisp. Things I miss so far include smoking, red wine, white wine, COFFEE. One positive thing is that it stops you from snacking.
Looking forward to going back for my 6 week review and having the attachments removed (hopefully less put back on) and commencing AcelleDent!!!

Second Tray!!! YEAH BUDDY..

In case anyone wants me to break down my day with routine for them here goes nothing.
730am- Tray out for 15-20 mins while I shower and brush my teeth, I let them soak in Luke warm water and Listerine, give them a brush with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste before I floss and put them back in.
830am- Tray out for 15-20 mins to enjoy morning coffee, Berocca and apple. Quick brush of the teeth and tray, mouth rinse then pop those bad boys back in.
1pm- Tray out for 25 mins for lunch. Brush and floss, brush tray and rinse mouth, then put them back in.
7pm- Tray out for dinner 20 mins, brush and floss teeth, bush tray and put them back in.
9pm- Tray out for 5 mins prior to shower for a final brush of teeth and tray before heading to bed.
Pretty griping stuff I know haha! Must confess, if I want a beer I will have one but rinse with water in between really well. I’ve also had a smoke with them in but raced home to brush and soak ASAP. Even had a black Sambuca shot! My trays aren’t stained at all. I’ve been told to soak in vinegar and water 2:2 if concerned about any discolouration.

Have changed to tray 2 today, YAY! No issues getting them in, they are tight, with a little pressure not discomfort. Guess they are doing their job. I have posted some pics today of my second tray. Some good news is my lisp has gone away now that I have adjusted to having extra gear in my mouth and I’ve lost 1.8kgs #WINNING!

Was this really for me??

This whole process is really starting to annoy me when it comes to my social life. I enjoy a drink and a smoke more than the average person i guess and its starting to show really bad on my trays. They are so freaking yellow after smoking and drinking all weekend despite brushing, flossing and soaking them. I tried taking them out for smokes and cut my mouth doing it so often and it cant be good to keep going in and out.
And the taste is bloody terrible. Either i am going to have to become a hermit or rethink this whole process..It seems i can handle the wear time and the cleaning process but its no good if my social habits are staining my trays and potentially doing damage to the enamel of my teeth.... FML!!!!

Clincheck

Tray 3 of 23

So pretty chuffed i'm on tray 3. I'm used to this whole process now and actually enjoy it in a weird way lol. My teeth have def's moved slightly as people close to me have noticed small changes and i can feel slight movement on my top teeth... Progress!! I have my first follow up with my ortho this Saturday where i will get new trays and accelledent (WHOOP WHOOP)... Will update there after.

6 weeks in and onto tray 4

Cant believe how the time has flown. I had my six week check up last Saturday and was pretty disappointed because they didnt give me my acceledent as apparently they havent arrived yet. Not happy!!!! Also i was rushed in and out, thrown three new sets of trays and given another appt for 6 weeks. I'm posting a photo today, i dont see any changes yet :( but im sure they will come :)

AcceleDent a god send!

So i got my AcceleDent last Thursday and began using it that evening. Super easy to use, i'm a big talker so it sucks i cant talk for 20 mins but im sure it please some haha. I change from tray 5 to 6 on Thursday and will be changing weekly starting then.
On another note i've found the best home made stuff to clean retainers especially after big nights out, bicarb and vinegar is the bomb!
I may have been a wee slack on wear time and flossing this weekend but i put that down to big nights out and eating very little (only consuming liquids).
I've posted some photos of the awesome lil gadget for those interested :)

2 months post comparison

2 month post comparison pic.

passed out with only bottom tray in!!!!!

OMG, FML....I passed out last night after a few brews with only my bottom tray in... so i had my top tray out for like 7 hours!!!!!!! To make the situation worse it was the night to change trays so now my mouth is throbbing like a son of a bitch! Also I've done this another night with both trays out for like 4 hours. Hope this wont stuff up my treatment time. Any suggestions people other than cutting back on the beers lol.

Tray 10 Pic

13 more trays of my first set to go yay! Its going so quick. I've noticed heaps of change. Quit smoking and drinking too so i feel extra awesome as my trays are squeaky clean!!! Cant wait to see results in another 3 months.

Tray 14 of 23...9 to go!!

Hi everyone,
Been a while since i updated my review. Ive noticed heaps of changes and i am very happy with my progress. Cant believe i have 9 weeks left. I had my ortho review on Saturday, he was happy with how everything was going. His assistant explained that in 9 weeks they will remove my buttons, re-scan my mouth, ? if i need a refinement set. Then i get them whitened and all pretty!. So very happy so far so ive attached a lil pic of me this morning with tray 14 in :)

Tray 17/23, only 5 weeks left!!

Treatment is flying by! Very happy with my progress, only 5 weeks to go. Not sure about the quality of my photos but i know there has been heaps of change. Tray 17 is tight in places i have not had discomfort before so this is good. Cant wait for the end result.

3 weeks left!

I can taste the finish line. So happy! hope i dont need refinement but if i do i will cross that bridge when i come to it.

Final tray before refinements

I had to change my 2nd last retainer a few days late then changed tray 22 a day late so i am little behind but still happy with results. Had my ortho review a few weeks ago and he said everything is great, will need a few refinements so after the scan in about 10 days we will know more.

Attachments removed after 1st lot of trays completed!

Yesterday i had my ortho visit and my attachments removed. The process was quick and painless. My teeth feel sort of slimy now after feeling so rough whilst having the attachments. I am over the moon with my results. I had a scan done while i was there for my refinements as my bite is still off. So i continue to wear my old last tray (tray 23) until i get my new lot, which i was told will be less trays and less attachments, yay :)

Refinements

So i got my first lot of refinements on Saturday. I have 7 attachments and 13 trays which i will be changing weekly. Hoping this will be my only lot of refinements. So in three months my teeth will be finished !

Tray 1/13 refinements

Forgot to include a pic in my last post :)
Evolve Orthodontics

Orthodontist could of said hello and introduced himself before he starting invaiding my mouth. All other staff have been lovely.