So grateful to this site! Felt it only right to...

So grateful to this site! Felt it only right to add my story after getting so much out of all of yours.
I've always been thin with few curves and would think how great it would be to have bigger boobs. I didn't seriously consider augmentation however until this past year. I've been married 18 years and my husband was never fond of the idea. The last couple of years I've worked really hard on getting in better shape (always thin but soft) and I have new tone, muscles and strength I've never had. Somewhere along the road I got more curves to my hips and butt (thanks to my 2 kids) but nothing up top to balance things out. I breast feed both kids a total of two years and was never more than a C cup even then. I'll be 40 soon and planning on looking better than I did in my 20's. (My husband says I already do). After talking to him about my desire to just 'fill up' my breasts some to complete my look he quickly got on board and is just as excited. In fact, I was loosely planning my surgery for early next year before my bday but he surprised me 3 weeks ago by depositing the $ for the BA into a separate acct and said go for it! He's the best.
So I made an appt with Dr. Chen who I'd researched extensively and has done several friends/coworkers of mine. After the consult I was completely sure of my decision and set the date. He recommended 250-300cc give me a 'modest' full C/small D although he stresses going for the look you want and not focusing on cup size and cc's. We decided on 300cc saline mod plus, inframammary crease, under muscle. I left knowing I had time to change my mind and do more research.
After my appt I spent the next 2 weeks obsessively on realself and trying on rice sizers to the point of exhaustion! I quickly realized 300 wasn't gonna do it. So I've set up another appt to discuss changing sizes. I really like the way the 350-400cc rice dozers look in a 36d bra. So, I'll have to update soon.
New boobs 3 weeks away!!

Second consult for size

Had appt with Dr's assistant to discuss sizes. My husband reluctantly came along. He said just do what you want, I trust your judgement but we're both glad he came. He ended up having great input. I tried on 350, 400 and 450 sizers. The 400's were perfect! Actually slightly on the large size, but I'm so afraid of going too small after reading so many others stories I decided going on the biggest side of what I think looks good on me. Dr was in the office and agreed the increase was no problem. The assistant said, this could make you a DD, you ok with that? Ha!! Can't believe I went from just wanting to fill out to wanting D/DD's! I decided I might as well go big or go home, lol. Actually I really don't care if it's too noticeable. My family and friends know I'm doing it. (I'm too old to care if anyone doesn't like it). I'm doing this for me and I want to be fully satisfied with the results.

*wish pics*

*2 more weeks*

Ok, so I had my first 'boob dream'. Woke up a little panicked. Dreamt they were huge and hanging down to my belly and I'd gained like 40lbs! Geez, what our subconscious comes up with when we're anxious about something.
Anyway, I'm nervous but still excited. I'm confident my size choice is the right one. I haven't reconsidered at all since my last appt. I keep trying the 400cc rice sizers under different clothes and love the look.

Funny story

Funny story, had to share. So, I've been pretty open about my upcoming BA including friends, family even some coworkers (we're a close open bunch). Anyway, my daughter just started an new and very 'conservative' school this year. We just had open house and I was freaked out about showing up flat chested and then in 2 weeks coming in with big boobs. So I put my rice sizers in my bra and wore a loose fitting shirt. My daughter commented that I 'looked different', Ha!
I just didn't want the whole "so, did you see 'her' mom, she just got her boobs done". I really don't care that much for myself but don't want my daughter to have to deal with any talk.
I felt like such a teenager stuffing my bra, lol!

**one week 'till D day**

I REALLY need this week to go by quickly! I'm getting too nervous. I spend half my time really excited and day dreaming of how awesome they're gonna look and the other half asking myself what on earth I'm doing risking elective surgery. I'm not really worried about the recovery or pain, just hoping they don't end up too big/ small, uneven, bad shape etc. and then of course the dreaded potential complications, especially those requiring more surgeries...ugh! Ok, got that off my chest. Time to put my big girl panties on and embrace this thing. Happy thoughts now.

Now, as for planning ahead, I think I've got everything ready. I will have my husbands undivided attention for 5 days post op and he's being really supportive. My mom already has meals planned for the first two days, bless her. I'm grateful I already have a recliner. Got my RX's filled. Stopped my nightly glass of wine, sad face. Have a few comfy zip up or button up tops. Frozen peas, a must. Tylenol, really hoping to not need the narcotics more than two days. Colace and simethacone, to fight the post op GI issues, fun times I hear. Started using cocoa butter skin therapy oil (not really sure this is gonna do anything, but what the heck).
Also, I stopped my upper body strength/weight training a week ago. There's mixed opinions about this but I felt it makes sense to not go into surgery where the chest muscle is being manipulated with tight and possibly sore or over worked muscles. Instead I've been mostly running and doing yoga and really focusing on stretching those muscles instead of building them up. I've also dropped about 5 lbs as a preemptive strike against possible weight gain post op. I've been a little worried about being so inactive for a while after.

So, it seems my PS does things different than I see most of y'all doing. He insists on NO post op bra, bandage whatsoever. Gonna have to go completely a natural for 2 weeks. Going to have dissolvable sutures and steri strips then bandaids on incisions but that's it. He says he does this to allow them to drop naturally. Then after about two weeks I can wear very soft non-tight, no underwire bras like a Cobbie. Can't wear regular bras, with underwire until around 2 months.
Anyone else instructed to not wear anything for two weeks? I see so many with post op surgical bras or even front close sport bras. Guess all PS's have their own way. I trust he knows what's best for his patients. He's been doing this for over 20 years and i haven't seen any bad reviews. Plus I have seen his results in person and they all look amazing!

Ok, now I'm getting excited again!!

Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for letting me vent. I'll get some nude before pics up before my procedure for comparison.

Before pics...4days to go...

I've been trying to distract myself this weekend. My husband's out of town on business so I've been hangin with my kiddos. Doing active stuff since that will be out for at least a couple of weeks. Got in some soccer time with my daughter and went on a couple of runs with my teenage son.
I also started taking vit c and zinc sups which I will continue until at least 2 weeks post op to aid in healing (recommended by some doc friends). I also went shopping and got a couple of bikini tops in large. Hope they fit, but since it's end of summer clearance they were each $5 so totally worth the risk and way too cute to pass up!
I'm still a little nervous but mostly excited. Here's some before pics as promised for comparison. I don't 'hate' them, they're just so small...

Less than 12 hrs away!

So, I've been supper anxious all week but surprisingly calm today. I'm ready to get this done! Hoping everyone is doing well. I'll try to get after pics and updates soon...

They're here.....

Made it through to the other side. I feel great. Not really painful, just supper tight! And I love them already! Still a little woozy from the anesthesia though. I'm a light weight. They couldn't even give me pain meds before I left surgery center because I was still so sedated. Took one Vicodin shortly after I got home to stay on top of it. The no bra thing is nice. I wore a hoodie home and now I'm just sitting in the recliner topless.

Day 2...loving them!

Yesterday was a blur. Took forever for the anesthesia to fully wear off. Last night I did have a little pain but pain pills and ice helped. I woke up this morning really sore and incredibly tight. Took a pill, iced and started moving around and I feel great now. Just mild discomfort. I'll have to be careful not to do too much.

Day 3

Doing great. Boobs feel like they're bursting with milk and I need to feed my baby. Of course it's been 8 years since I last breast fed but I still remember the sensation. My neck, ribs and back/shoulders are really sore now. Kinda like I went way too hard at the gym. Oh yeah, and my abs are getting a good work out every time I get up out of my recliner! I think it's time to stop the narcs. I've only been taking half a pill every 6-8 hrs. I'm a bit if a light weight so that's been plenty but I think Tylenol should be enough now.
Happy healing ladies!

Taking shape, feeling great!

I've got a while to go before the final look is achieved, but I'm so excited about how they're coming along. The size/shape is definitely headed in the right direction and excatly what I was wishing for! They actually feel softer today. First time waking up not feeling rocks attached to my chest.
I really feel great. My husband and kids have really stepped it up around the house so I can rest. My neck and back are the only thing bothering me now. I think it has to do with how I've been sleeping and carrying myself. Now that the soreness isn't so bad I need to work on my posture (I've been a bit hunched). Also I'm a stomach sleeper so I can't get comfortable at all in bed. My husband massaged and rubbed tiger balm on me last night after I reclined in a shallow tub of hot water (avoided my incision). It actually feels better this morning. I do get an occasional twinge if I move the wrong way which can hurt.
I have my post op appt tomorrow. Looking forward to his next instructions.
In the mean time I'm still enjoying everyone's journey.

Post op appt

Had my first post op appt yesterday. Everything looks great. Took off top bandage and said i could take a shower and the seri strips would start coming off on their own this week. He said to start massage now couple times a day. Pretty simple. And then gave instructions on activity. I can lift about 15 lbs now and start light exercise, no chest or running until at least 3 weeks post op. I did some light yoga yesterday and it felt great! Not as good as the shower though. That was amazing! I was told I could return to work at 10 days but I went ahead and took 2 full weeks off to be safe. I feel like I'm mostly back to normal. Started my normal routine yesterday, driving kids to school, folding clothes, light housework, and went grocery shopping today. The soreness is very minor and I occasionally get a sharp twinge if I move a certain way. They were really numb and tingly at first but that's going away too. And so much softer, yea! Its most uncomfortable when I bend over. Tons of pressure!
Now if I can get my husband to understand the 'look don't touch yet' thing right now, lol!

Work in progress

I was starting to think they haven't changed much but did a couple of side by side pics of day one and today, day 8. Definitely changing :)
Still need the bottoms to fill out more.

I continue to feel more myself every day but still having a hard time sleeping. I'm so uncomfortable on my back or lying too flat. Then I'll wake up feeling shooting pains or sore spots. Ugh! Anyone else have a hard time sleeping a week post op? I ended up taking a Vicodin before bed the last two nights just to try and sleep.

Bras!

I know, it's early. But I couldn't resist. I tried on a few bras for fun. By self measurements I'm a 34dd but the 36d's fit the best (sister sizes). I bought a Beauty by Bali tshirt wireless bra that is sooo comfortable. I'm allowed to wear soft, no wire bras starting at two weeks, so in 4 days. This bra will be perfect along with a couple of soft sports bras I have. Of course I had to try on a few underwire push ups and got two. They were on sale and too cute to pass up. Can't wear them for another month but they were so cheep it won't kill me if they end up not fitting. Right now my go to look is a tank top and yoga pants or shorts. Haven't gone out yet and I'm not really sure how I'm gonna dress them up. We have a date night planned next week. Need to do some shopping!
BTW, I've come up with a better sleeping arrangement and I'm doing much better. It also helps that I can sleep a little more on my side. Such a relief.

Steri-strips OFF!!

I had to take those darn strips off. Couldn't take them any more. Getting grungy and itched like crazy. My skin is really sensitive too. My PS said if they weren't off by end of 2nd week I could remove them and they weren't budging on their own so I used baby oil on a cotton ball.
Got a first look at incisions. Not too bad. I'm really happy they're so nicely placed in the crease. I was worried about that.

Then, Friday I noticed my rib was really sore under my left breast and yesterday was rubbing it and felt a slight long skinny bump. Mondors cord, ugh. It's so small it's not visible enough to take a pic but I can feel it. I had already (exhaustedly) researched potential complication before my BA so I wasn't too freaked out. It's completely benign and goes away on its own. I talked to my PS's assistant today and she confirmed what I already started, ibuprofen and warm compresses. I just hope the soreness goes away soon. It's worse when I arch my back or stretch my arms out or up. I really noticed it doing yoga last night so I took it easy. I go back to work in 3 days, sad face, so I plan on taking it easy until then. Kids are at school and husbands away for business so I can be lazy if I want to, lol.

**2 weeks post-op**

Can't believe it's already been 2 weeks! I'm doing great over all. Sleeps still a little rough being on my back. They're still mildly sore. Getting much softer and dropping well. I'm noticing the right feeling tighter and more sore and slightly higher (think it's because I'm right handed?). My boob vacation is coming to an end. I start back to work tomorrow. I only work part time so it shouldn't be too bad. I also have my first date night Friday and found a cute dress that shows them off well ;)
I probably won't update for a while unless something comes up.
Thanks so much to all you ladies for helping me get through these first couple of weeks. Y'all are the best!!!!

**3 weeks**

I've been supper busy since my last post. I'm back to work and all my normal activities. I'm feeling great. Only occasional soreness and a little tightness especially at the end of an active day. I still have some numbness on nipples and under boob but it's going away.

My incisions are healing nicely but really bumpy. I've been really massaging them to break up and smoothe that scar tissue. I know everyone has their own ways of treating scars but i wanted to share what Ive learned and am doing now. I've been reading results of research studies in medical journals (I know, exciting right) about scar treatment and results. The consensus is that keeping them moist is the key and no particular ingredient or special cream was more effective. All scars will heal given time and your genetics play a role in tissue integrity. So for me, I'm using cocoa butter skin therapy oil twice a day, only because I like the feel and it's helpful with massage. Then every several hours I apply a thin layer of lanolin or petroleum jelly over the scar to keep it moist.

I've started sleeping on my side a little at night and I'm sleeping much better now. I'm still going braless at home but wear braletts or camisole like bras out. Under clothes. I haven't noticed any big changes in how they look but they're definitely getting softer.
Everyone around me has been so supportive. And I've gotten so many compliments. Everyone can't believe how natural they look. And when my husband and I went out this weekend I wore a fitted low cut black dress that looked amazing! Not gonna lie, I loved the looks I was getting ;)

I'm still only doing some yoga and light lower body workouts. The only thing driving me crazy now is not being able to run! The weather has been perfect and I'm dying to get out there. My dr. said I could run and start upper body around 3-4 weeks.i don't think I'm ready yet. I'm just going to play it by ear. I dont want to rush anything and cause any problems. Even if it takes me till 6 weeks Ill do it. I may get a little soft but atleast it won't be bikini season any time soon, lol.

More Pics :)

Forgot to post pic from my night out...
Also, I just realized this morning where boob greed comes from. I was looking in the mirror and thought, they're not really that big and then I did some before/after photos collages and realized I've just gotten used to them this size. Because damn, they're huge! And I think I'd feel uncomfortable if they were any bigger. But I am glad I went up from 300 to 400, best decision I made!

**4 weeks**

Not much new. They haven't changed much in last week. I've been really focusing on rubbing my incisions and keeping them moist and massage. I feel occasional tenderness but they mostly feel normal now. Still have a little numbness on nipples and under boob but that's mostly gone. And the Mondors cords are almost completely gone too. They definitely feel like a part of me, not foreign at all. I'm sooo in love with them! Best decision ever!!! I was planning on being more active with my workouts by now and I feel like I could probably do quite a bit more now but I've decided not to push things until 6 weeks. It's not worth it to cause unnecessary pain or complications. 6 weeks is nothing when looking at the whole picture. I'll start running in 2 weeks and start light upper body weights. I'll be back to my old self in no time. My ps prefers to wait until 2 mo for regular bras do I'm mostly doing braletts and soft sports bras. I wouldn't want to wear underwire now anyway. I've tried them on and they're really uncomfortable still, especially on incisions. I'm not really sure how much more they're going to change but I suspect they'll continue to drop more and get rounder under boob. My right is still slightly higher but it's hardly noticeable.
Happy healing ladies!!

Recap current stats:
5'5''
118lbs
Rib cage 29''
Under arms, above bust 34''
Bust 39''
Waist 27''
Hips 37''
Pre BA 34b
Post BA 34dd :)
400cc moderate plus Mentor saline smooth round behind muscle with crease incision.

Frustrated :\

Tried on a bunch of bras today and couldn't really find one that fit well. Problem was I couldn't really find dd's in anything cute. I completely fall out of the 34d's and even the 36d's we're snug. Just need to find a good place to shop I guess. Suggestions?

Still frustrated

So I actually hit the jackpot of bra sizes at Dillard's. I got sized 34dd which is what I sized myself. The problem is they weren't very comfortable. Maybe it's because I haven't worn an underwire in over a month. I bought one plain nude And wore it for a few hours last night out to dinner. It felt ok for a bit but I couldn't wait to take it off when I got home. Also, I'm struggling with how I look in clothes. I love the way my breasts look naked (especially how they make my waist look smaller), but I still can't find clothes that accentuate them beyond tanks and T's. And I don't really like how the regular bras make them look under clothes, gives a weird shape. I prefer the shape lined braletts give under, basically my natural shape. Not sure if that makes sense.

I'm also looking for advice on scars. My left is so much darker. They both feel the same and are softening well. I'm using scar oil twice a day and lanolin (nipple cream) several times a day to keep them moist. I massage each time. I'm not really wanting to do silicone sheets because my skin is really sensitive, especially to adhesives.
Thanks for any feedback

**5 weeks** 2nd post op appt

Still doing great. Had appt today and he's really pleased with outcome (me too!) Won't need to go back unless I have any issues. He looked at incisions and said it was normal for one side to be darker. Just need time and both should heal well. I'm cleared to do any workout I want but should take it slow. I can also wear any bra I want. And he recommends I cont massage until 6 mo. to keep pocket open and prevent contactures.
I'm so happy with how soft and squishy they are at this point. My husband says they're almost completely natural feeling. (Glad I didn't overfill the 400's). I'm just ready for the numbness to be completely gone, which it has improved significantly.

In Love!!

I just wanted to say I'm so in love with my girls. They're getting so soft and squishy I can't believe how great they feel. (Hubby can't leave them alone ;) I've done a bunch of shopping this week and am getting better at dressing them. I have no pain, no soreness and they feel like a part of me! So happy!

**6 weeks**

6 weeks is definitely the magic number. I've been holding out till today to run. Only did 2 miles and then 20 min soccer with my daughter but it felt amazing! I plan on adding weight training back to my workouts this week as well. I'm really glad I waited. With the exception of some mild numbness, I feel 100%.
And what a difference a week makes. I've been wearing regular bras and they feel totally normal now. I also did quite a bit of shopping and found tops that are very flattering to my new figure. Thank goodness, that was driving me crazy. As for scars, still using scar therapy oil with vitamin e (vigorous massage) and lanolin and they are completely smooth! No bumps/scar tissue felt at all!! They are still quite red though, the left more so than the right. But I have sensitive and very fair skin so I'll just have to wait for them to fade. I think they're just about done dropping and they're so much softer and squishier than I was expecting. According to hubby and a few friends they really feel natural.

8 weeks post op, Should I wear a bra all the time?

I'm doing great. Nothing really new to report. I feel like they havent changed in the last couple of weeks. I'm thinking this is probably my final result, but who knows. My boobs did drop fast and early so I'm thinking this might be it. And I'm more than happy with That!!! They're perfect I'm my husband and my eyes.
My only problem is I don't like to wear bras at home. I'm afraid of sagging so I need to force myself. I really don't want to wear one to bed, I've always slept in the buff (sorry, TMI). Any thoughts on needing to wear bras all the time?

2 mo. Before/After

I've gotten so use to them I needed a little before and after therapy...

**10 weeks**

Still in love. I think they still look the same. Scars are getting a little lighter. I've been considering silicone sheets but my skin is so sensitive, not sure that's a good idea. I'd say the numbness on my left is about 95% gone and 80% gone on right. I'm pretty confident I'll get back all feeling, fingers crossed. I can now sort of feel the bottom of my implants near the crease but it's not noticeable to anyone else who's felt it. Doesn't bother me though. I continue massage and scar oil daily. I'm also doing a better job of wearing a bra all the time for support even around the house, but not to sleep in.
I find that 34DD's fit perfectly, but I recently bought a D to get a little extra cleavage for a cute dress I'm going to wear this weekend ;) I'll try to post pic of dress.
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Extremely happy with Dr. Chen. Very professional, knowledgeable and pleasant. And the results speak for them self. My results are exactly what I expected and wanted. During first consult Dr. Chen spent nearly an hour discussing everything imaginable related to BA. All my questions answered thoroughly, concerns addressed. His experience was obvious. Procedure went off without a hitch and my post op experience was smooth and uneventful. Very grateful to friends who recommended Dr Chen.