6 Years of Waiting and Happy After Breast Augmentation - Albuquerque, NM

I went to my first breast augmentation...

I went to my first breast augmentation consultation when I was 18 but chickened out. Between then and now I visited 2 other surgeons and never felt completely comfortable. I am now 25 and found a surgeon that I felt I could trust and went ahead and went for it. I had my BA 3 weeks and 2 days ago. I was an assymetric 34B and now after 325ccs in the left and 375ccs in the left I'm now an even 34D!! I have smooth highprofile sub muscular implants and chose the crease incision. I opted for saline because of the asymmetry so my surgeon could have the availability to change sizes and perfect while I was under. I love my new boobs!!

Though I am completely happy with how they look I have not been without complications. I was healing perfectly fine an everything looked great for the first week, on day 10 I slipped on water in my house and grabbed the door handle with my right arm to stop my fall. My incision split open and it didn't look too bad the first day, it seemed to get worse and worse. I saw my PS immediately and I was put on antibiotics and told to keep neosporin on the incision. I went back 4 days later and he said it had opened up more and he had to remove a stitch from the second layer of stitches. I am now 10 days out from the original injury and am dealing with what looks like a hole in my incision area. I am trying as hard as I can not to move my right arm because with every move the muscle contracts which pulls the incision further apart. I have an appointment tomorrow so I'm praying it is improving and I don't have to go in for an additional surgery to fix the incision.

I had been wanting a breast augmentation for over...

I had been wanting a breast augmentation for over 6 years, during that time I visited 3 other surgeons in Abq. I finally was recommended to Mayberry, after the consulation I had no doubt in my mind that he was the PS I could trust. He was the most professional PS I saw while being very upfront about realistic expectations. His staff has also been phenomenal, they are extremely curteous over the phone and have a smile everytime I walk in the door. I am so tremendously happy with my results!! I have seen a lot of other surgeons work including the placement & severity of the incisions, mine are in the perfect spot and are barely visible just a month later. I highly, highly recommend him to everyone!

Dr. Mayberry decided on day 11 after the fall to...

Dr. Mayberry decided on day 11 after the fall to go ahead and do another surgery to fix the incision. I went into surgery 3 days later for a debridement. It was a fairly simple surgery just cleaning out the incision opening, but nothing with my pocket or implant. I was probably in more pain after this small one than the initial surgery, probably because it was fresh and sensitive skin. I then saw the PS a week later and he thought everything looked great and decided to keep the stitches in for another week. Went back to him a week later, got the stitches out, and everything still looked good. He is seeing me every week to keep a close eye on the progress and to make sure there are no signs of infection. I have an apppointment with him tomorrow and today was my last day on antibiotics (I've been on various kinds for a month). I feel great and am so thankful for Dr. Mayberry and his staff. They have been absolutely wonderful and have been available to answer questions or see me on the weekends and even after-hours.
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Updated on 23 Oct 2012:Dr. Mayberry's office has made the full process from consultation to full recovery very seemless. I look forward to the office visits and seeing all his friendly staff. He was also extraordinarily accessible after my surgery to answer any questions/concerns I had.

How are your incisions now, Kenji? Please keep us posted. I hope you're doing well.

oh my goodness! I was cringed while reading your story. It's so unfortunate and I hope you heal super quick!
Thank you so much! I wish it had never happened, but it has also proven that I picked the right PS. He and his staff have been more than amazing. Its been almost 3 weeks since my second surgery and everything is looking and feeling great!

Oh no, so sorry about your fall! Please let us know what your surgeon says.