I did it! - Albuquerque, NM

Hello everyone, I'm a 25 year old mother of two...

Hello everyone, I'm a 25 year old mother of two boys a five year old and a one year old. A tummy tuck was always something I knew I would need since my first but I always thought it was unattainable. My husband and I recently decided to no longer expand our family, with that thoughts of a tummy tuck began to consume my mind. I'm scheduled for a tubal june 25 and I will schedule my TT four weeks after. I'm still shopping a around for the right Doctor. Good luck to all you future tummy Tucker's, it's time to reclaim our body's!
Congrats on your weight loss!!! Good luck with your journey!
Thank you so much!
your pictures are similiar to mine though after the last two kids im much worse lol!!! i have four total all in an 8 year span and im 26!!!! well anyways i am scheduled for surgery on july 11th!!! tummy tuck with lipo and bbl!!!! yep fat added to my butt!

Tubal ligation

Hello everyone, so today I started my first official step of this journey.... I had my tubes tied! My husband and I knew we were done expanding our family after our second child, due to complications I faced during my pregnancy. I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix and was on bedrest for 6 months of my pregnancy. There were many times that I came very close to delivering my baby early. The thought of having to go through another pregnancy like that scared me to my core. During the pregnancy I became very depressed and anxious, I often resented myself and my body for not being able to "work" properly. After all of that I'm thankful to say that my baby boy was born a healthy little miracle. After much thought, consideration and time my husband and I knew we were done having children. I recently began thinking of permanent sterilization and decided to schedule my surgery for a tubal. Shortly after scheduling my surgery a light bulb went on.... I knew that if I no longer wanted kids I wanted a tummy tuck! I've met with many surgeons and I have a good idea of who I'm going to do my tummy tuck with so now all that's left to do is bite the bullet and schedule my appointment. ???? I will be scheduling my appointment later this week (once I build up the courage) and I plan on doing my surgery once I get the okay from the docs... Wish me luck!
Best of luck! If he's a good PS schedule the appt. I debated for over a month on whether I was ready to schedule a consult. The PS I really wanted had a 4mth wait just for a consult! I ended up going with another well recommended surgeon who didn't have such a long wait.
Good luck, and wow girl comgrats on your weight loss !!!
Thank you!

Recovering

Hello Everyone, I wanted to update you guys with my TT progress... I'm 4 days post op my tubal ligation and I'm feeling pretty good. I've stopped taking the pain pills. My only complaint is that Ive been so bloated and constipated.I started taking smooth move tea regularly and that seems to be helping( I need to start the laxatives ASAP after the TT). Now on to the important stuff :-) I've decided on my TT PS!!! This PS was not the doctor that initially thought I would go with. I really liked the first PS I chose because of his credentials and bedside manner. He seemed like the perfect doctor and I really wanted to go with him but I had to many unknowns and reservations. Although he seemed great I just couldnt get myself to fully commit to him, he wasn't able to show me before and after pictures and that just never sat well with me. So I decided to continue on with my search and the last PS I met with had great before and after pictures. He's nice (not as nice as the last doctor) and has great credentials (about the same as the first) but the deciding factor for me is that his vision meets my TT desires and I really feel He will give me the best possible results... He will include Lipo of the flanks and address the mons pubis ( I'm so afraid of having a flat tummy and a puffy mons) during the same procedure and at no additional cost. I'm ready and fully committed to my choice and scheduled my Surgery for July 31st and until then I will anxiously await. I want to loose about ten more pounds before then so ill be working on that, and getting my house and meals ready for my recovery time.

A few more before pics

Im so excited for my surgery!!! I wish it was sooner but I need to heal from my last surgery before I can embark on my TT journey! My abdomem is very swollen from my tubal, but the only difference I've noticed with the swelling is that I can't suck it in :-( Ive looked bloated for the past six years!

Ready or not!

Agh!!! I'm so excited and nervous I moved my date up a week! My surgery is no longer the 31st it's now on the 23rd! My pre op is still on the 16th but now that I moved the surgery date it seems so real! 3 weeks until the big day and I need to prepare and I dont nowhere to start....
One less week of anticipation or preop worries ;)!
I know I'm so ready to get this thing over with! Im sure your excited and nervous, yours is right around the corner! Any good suggestions on how to prepare for the big day?

2 weeks preop

Wow! Only 2 weeks and ill be on the flat side!! I'm so excited and nervous... the bad dreams have officially started :-( next week is my preop appointment.... This week I need to kick my weight loss and workouts into high gear! I still want to loose 10lbs before my procedure. My surgery goal weight is 135-130. So I decided to do the cabbage stew diet for 7days followed by a high protein diet untill my Sx. I need to start vitamins, although I don't know which ones to take.... And I need to get my house in order, cleaned, organized and meals prepared.... Wish me luck because I'm really lacking the motivation :-( if I could Id be on the Internet all day.
You're going to look amazing! Good Luck!
Thank you south I'm so nervous! Only 6 more days... Eek!!! I would love to see your before and after!!!
My surgery is this Oct and I will be sure to post photos. I'm already freaking out and it's 3 months away! But I'm going to do it. I have good support and with Gods grace ill get through ok. You will too! I'm very excited for you. :)

Missing in action!

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I have been MIA, lets just say that things have been crazy and a whirl wind of emotions the past couple of days... Not to mention I've gained 3 pounds in the last week ( Im so disappointed in myself) but I just can't lay off the carbs my body is craving breads, potatoes and pasta like no other. Im chalking it up to nerves because I usually have control over my carb intake.. I need to accept that ill be going in to surgery a chunkey monkey :-( I've lost hope that ill loose ten pounds before the big day... On another note I've been a complete basket case. I kept going back and forth questioning myself and the decision that I made, I can't help but feel like I'm doing the wrong thing.. A few nights ago my husband put it all out there and shared his greats and concerns with me. The top 3 are financial, me dying and that I won't be content with the surgery and ill want more in the future..He also expressed how hard it's going to be for him to care for our children, me and the house... Lets just say I was pretty shocked and hurt to hear all of this ;-( After going back and fourth with my decision I decided to continue on with it (and he agreed) I went to my preop yesterday and I'm 6 days out....

Darn you auto correct

Fears* not greats
I think we all go through that doubt phase up until the last minute. Even after I had my IV in and was getting my betadine scrub down in the OR I still heard myself saying "there's still time to back out". Some how you dig deep and go with your gut :). Best wishes!
Thank you. That helps a ton!
From what I understand it is normal to go back & forth like that. I am glad you both agreed that you should move forward. I am also happy to hear your husband can be so honest with you. Sounds like you have a very open & honest relationship. I don't know the future but I am confident all will be well. As for your husband & his concerns for care for you, the kids & the house...he'll be okay. He'll figure it out ;o)!!! All the best to you! You deserve this!

Only 6 days!!!

Only 6 days left.. I'm paid in full and ready to go. I've started preparing my upper skin for surgery by applying lots of Aquaphor to the area. I'm trying to avoid extra stretch marks at all cost... Ill be be starting arnica today and loading up on tons of vitamin c... Wish me luck because I'm gonna need it!
Your husbsnd will be totally fine , idk y they are scarred lol, my husband went through the same phase bcuz of our 3 boys . But I'm 15dpo & he did super great !!! They r so use to us doing everthing but 1-2months out of their whole life time they will have to take care of you, kids&home. He'll be perfectly fine . Omg I doubted my hubby so much but he did great !!! Focus on ur sx & healing u will do fine . Best of luck mi amiga!!!!
I think my hubby is starting to get excited!! I bought some cute VS undies and he said he can't wait to see them on after the surgery :-) I hope your hubby is happy with your results!

Busy

I only have a few more days, so I decided to keep myself busy by painting my room.. I'm starting to feel like I'm nesting ;-)
Hey there! You already look amazing and will look even better once you have this done tomorrow! I'm sure you will get great results and be very please with the outcome! Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted on your progress in the July TT forum!
Thank ya ma'am! Your results are awesome! Happy healing ;-)

One more day!

Wow it's hard to believe only one more day of this crazy belly! I'm try not to think much about tomorrow or else ill drive myself crazy with the what ifs... I'm so exited to say good bye muffin top!
I'm having the tubal ligation, ablation & TT the same day, is the tubal painful?
My tubal wasn't painful at all. The most uncomfortable part was the gas they filled me with, but I'm sure they won't be doing that in your case. It will be a breeze for you. I'm sure all of your discomfort will come from the TT and not the tubal ;-) Good luck!
Good luck to you!! Im just 3 days behind you! We can do this! :)

Crazy!

It's crazy to think that this time tomorrow I'll be on the flat side... I'm so sleepy but can't sleep :-( I have a busy morning ahead as I prepare for my surgery at 12. please keep me in your prayers tomorrow I sure could use it :-)

Today is the day!

Headed over to the surgery center now. I'm not sure how I should be feeling, I almost feel like its not really happening and I'm dreaming the whole thing up. Wish me luck :-)
Hope you're doing great through your recovery! Hang in there- it gets better each day!
Thank you so much!
Good luck

It's been a busy couple of days

The first few days all seem to be a blur, all I know is that there was a few moments that I didn't think I was strong enough to make it through it but I did! It hasn't been a walk in the park but I'm feeling much better. I've been consistent with my meds and trying to stay on top of the pain. I had one brief peek at my Tummy when I took of my garment to wash it. I'm super swollen but its so awesome to see that I have a defined waist :-) I had my first BM and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. So now I just relax and recover. The numbing meds are starting to wear off and my upper abs are burning!!!

Day of surgery!

Welcome the flat side!#!! Happy healing
Thank you!

Pain

So I've been in a fair amount of pain this past week. There's been a lot of burning and sore muscles.. One of my drain sites really hurts, an bit of movement and it hurts like hell ( i can't wait to get that drain out) the other drain is fine.... Last night was my first shower since surgery and it wasn't bad actually it was amazing!I had my best friend help me( my husband was to afraid ) I put a chair in the shower and showered that way. I was able to wash my hair as well without feeling light headed dizzy. or pain.. After my shower I slept like a baby! I'm getting around still hunched over and walking very slow, I have to stop and sit quite often. Swell hell is an understatement i feel like I look like the Michelin man. I know I need to be patient but everytime I look in the mirror I can't help but think that theses are my permanent results....
You're just barely over the "hump" it gets better from now on!

Pain!

I'm in excruciating pain not from the surgery itself, but because of the drain site... One of my drain sites is enflamed and burning. It alamost feels although I'm being stabbed by a knife.. I'm very swollen and going in to the Dr. tomorrow I'm hoping and praying they will remove that drain

Drains gone!

My drains were removed. I'm so grateful they're out and I don't have to deal with that pain anymore, but now I'm super swollen :-( I was able to get a look at my incision and its very low, my belly button is cute so now I just need the swelling to go down :-)
I was glad to get those drains out too, they were taking turns hurting me! lol It would feel like someone was constantly putting alchol on the incision over and over it hurt so bad! Then when one stopped the other would start to hurt. I will be a month on the 3rd and Im still swollen as well and yes you start to think are these my results lol and then you say it better not be! lol Its a lot of swelling and I think mine is worse because I got lipo on the sides as well, pretty close to the abs,
Looking good hun!

Been to long!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in awhile. My life's been super busy and crazy. I'm recovering well and each day keeps getting better. Post op day nine was a huge turning point in my recovery and everyday I feel better and am able to do more. I'm experiencing some hardness under my scar in the mons pubis area, I'm going to see the ps tomorrow. I'm also popping quite a few stitches, so I'm thinking they will remove those as well. Other then that I'm feeling great, still swollen but that's to be expected. Can't wait till I see my final results!
You look really great! How come you still have the procedure listed as "not sure"? I keep going back and forth, I was going to pay my deposit today but chickened out and will try again tomorrow.
Thank you. I still have it listed as not sure because I haven't seen my final results yet. I do see a huge difference and I'm happy with the choice I made, I'm just not at the place yet where I think I made the best decision of my life ;-) the swelling is very hard to deal with emotionality, I still can't fit into my pre surgery pants :-( hope this helps.
Looking great! Little by little we will get through this horrible swell hell!

Been busy

Hey guys so I just wanted to do a quick update. I'm 4 weeks post op today. I'm feeling good I have the usual aches and pains after a long day, my itching has increased, I'm starting to be able to sleep on my sides and I still have the usual swelling still. This week I am starting to see a difference with my results. As each week passes I notice changes. Patience and time are the key to recovery,.

More pics

Man you're recovering well! I think po week 4 is truly the tipping point for so many of us - not that we magically deflate, but it at least lessons nicely.
You look so great!!!! Are you using anything for the scars? Hope you continue to have a smooth recovery. :)
Thank you. I haven't started using anything yet, hopefully in the next week or so ill get the ok from my PS

Wow!

Seeing my before and after side by side is crazy! Ill take swell hell over crazy tummy any day!!! I can't imagine how I'll look and feel in six months :-)
OMG the comparison shots are AMAAAAAZING!!! Congratulations on the weight loss and your awesome results! You must be so happy!!!
Wow you look great

Best feeling in the world!

Its so awesome to put an a pair of bottoms that at one point semi fitted (my pant were always big on the legs and butt and tight on the waist area) and now have them be to big!!!! I can't wait until I'm able to go clothes shopping ( ill wait a lil longer, until more of the swelling goes down).
Ok, so you are so inspiring me! I did pay me deposit finally and am scheduled for 11/18. I hope you post some more front and side view pics like you did before! You look great and seem very happy.
That's so awesome to hear! It really has been a great experience and i feel a billion times more confident. The best thing in the world is to put on clothes and not worry or think about how im going to hide my stomach....I feel like a normal person again. The surgery has its hard parts and sometimes it can be emotionally and physically hard. The thing yhat gets me through it is knowing that this is a short, but hard season. Dont be naive like me and think you'll jump back in two weeks because you won't. But I know that reward will be worth every bit of it :-)
You'll do great! I can't wait to read all about your journey! Please keep us updated with posts and pictures :-)
Miguel Gallegos

The doctor has been cordial and informative while answering my questions so far I've only seen him twice (consultation and surgery) is nurse did my 1 and 7 day post op. The staff has answered and returned all my calls in a timely manner. They're not the friendliest but some are nicer than others. His bedside manner (so far) and staff were not a deciding factor in choosing my surgeon, but now that I'm post op I have been happy with them. I chose him because I knew he would give me the best results possible and I truly believe and trust that. Plus he adds lipo and will address the mons during the same procedure at no additional charge.