45 Years Old, 3 Kids, 3 C Sections Later (Last Baby Was Just over 1 Year Ago) - Alberta, Canada

Hello. I am a little slow to be posting pictures....

Hello. I am a little slow to be posting pictures. Here are some before's and afters. I'm at about 2 months post op now. BA - 375cc under the muscle. I was 32A and now I am 32DDD (U.S.) or 32E.

Yes this has been very much worth it, however, recovery is still continuing. I have been (and still am) unsure of the BA sizing- I ended up much bigger than I could have imagined. In clothes, seems pretty good. Without clothes I am not so sure. Implants have dropped some and are softer. Downsizing the implants is a possibility, but the more I recover, the more I do not want to go under the knife again for a very long time.

I got this done because the 3rd baby really did a number on me - and no amount of exercise was going to fix me. I was tired of my trainer telling me to pull in my stomach, and how it was always sticking out.

Tummy tuck recovery has been MAJOR! I was always VERY active with exercising and recovery has been much slower than recovery from a c-section. I have what is "maybe" bloating in my upper abdomin. PS at 6 weeks did not have much to say about it. Its sticks out quite a lot and is somewhat hard and sore at times. 2 weeks later - still have the issues. I am having slow bowels...I feel that is part of the problem too. I did have a hernia repair and muscle repair too I believe.

I am back to my workouts, but at a much reduced level. Many of the movements I was doing, I am still not doing. I have done some full push-ups though. Not a lot, but I have done them. I have read that it feels very weird for some, and it was a little weird, but I did not do enough to really fatigue the muscles (too much core involved at this point).

Anyway, my advice to others is be patient with yourself and your recovery. Physically, this is a big deal! And emotionally too. I REALLY struggled at the beginning with my new body image. People on Realself have been very supportive - THANK YOU! You got me through some dark days. I'll post photos and an update again in a few more months.

My advice to others who have not yet had the surgery - do your homework, REALLY do your homework, ask all the questions BEFORE the surgery. I did not have a good understanding of sizing and only after the surgery, in my dissatisfaction did I become more educated. I do believe my PS could have done more to educate me, and I felt I did not ask enough questions.

2 Months Post-op Photos

Forgot to post the after photos!
BA - 375CC (or is it 370 not 100% sure) high profile and TT.

Tummy Tuck - hernia and muscle repair too. I do use the silicone on the scars most nights. The scars don't phase me - after 3 c-sections, its nothing and I know they will fade a lot over time.

Struggling with some upper abdominal bloating right now - I think (hope) its just bowel related. The loose skin is all gone, PS did a good job on that. If swelling doesn't go down in the next 1-2 weeks I will go back to PS. He saw me at 6 weeks, didn't have much to say about it. I'm 8 weeks now.

BTW - I am 5' 3" and 130 lbs

In case that is relevant to anyone...

3.5 month update - dropping of BA, Bloating of tummy, exercising

Hello Ladies
I have some updates for you, and pictures! Its 3.5 months now, and compared to the beginning I feel SOOOOO much better. I felt like a truck hit me after surgery. I felt so bad, I was depressed, hated the BA, and basically I was a physical and emotional mess! I tell you this because if there are any ladies out there feeling terrible, and worried, and obsessing about their results - well that was me. It gets better. It really does. Try to take it 1 day at a time.

BA DROPPING
So I hated the BA so much at the beginning I ask the PS if he would take them out! He said to wait, and I knew that was the smart thing to do so I waited. And here we are at 3.5 months. I would say that they have dropped quite a lot! I'm pleased with the results. They are bigger than I might have chosen if I could have chosen a size (32E or 32DDD), but I now like them. Just, complete flip around. I don't think I will be taking them out or downsizing. They feel good and I am used to them now.

They DO hurt or are uncomfortable to lay directly on top of them. Not sure how massages will work now (like a back massage) , maybe need to be propped up. I did no breast massaging during recovery. And my size...I have not measured for a while, is the size changed? Not sure, the bras I have purchased fit well (the 32E and 32DDD). BTW I am mostly wearing wire bras with minimal padding, no push-up features. I have found some I find really comfortable, I don't think about them at all during the day.

TUMMY TUCK
I have struggled significantly with upper abdominal bloating. It was VERY uncomfortable, my stomach was SO hard and bloated. I did have digestion problems (constipated), and I used psyllium everyday and sometimes senna. That got things moving, but it did not address the bloating. Anway, sometime in August at the prompting of my naturopath I sough out a therapist to do VISERAL MANIPULATION (mild massaging of your organs?). I was skeptical. It was very mild and did not hurt, and well, I am much improved! I am thinking it was this massage because nothing else changed! I also do some massaging on my own. I do still have bloating, but it is greatly reduced and my stomach is not so rock hard anymore.

I do still have bloating and tenderness. I know that healing is not complete yet.

INCISIONS
I was using the silicone tape regularly for about 6+ weeks. Now I am lazy. The TT scar mostly does not feel raised. I can't feel it laying in bed on the sides. The scar right below my belly button and more to the sides, its a little more raised, but its really really minimal. THIS SCAR IS SO DIFFERENT FROM A C-SECTION SCAR. My s-section scars were raised and ropey. My PS did a good job - these are flat and very hard to feel that they are there.

EXERCISING
at 3.5 months I can ALMOST do everything I could before. Push-ups, box jumps (low, will to high soon), squats, deadlifts, cleans, pull-ups (assisted). The weights - I am using much lighter weights. I don't want to push it until I know for sure my core is really strong. I'm worried about another hernia (is that even possible?). I CAN FINALLY DO SIT UPS AGAIN! That one took a long time to get back. The pull-ups pull on bottom of my breasts, so I use a band for assistance, and don't do too many. Same on the push-ups - I could do more before, still working back to that. Cardio - I go hard, no problems.

Basically, I just feel so much better and like myself. I'm wearing my old clothes, but not smaller ones. I know some ladies go smaller. Me - not yet. Maybe not ever. I'd like to be a few pounds lighter and that's it. I feel like me again. 3.5 months is a great place to be. I really did not gain or lose any weight during this whole process.

you look great!!! can I ask who did ur surgery? I have a consultation in Edmonton sept 28th with dr chong.. im so nervous ..
It was Paul Whidden in Calgary, Macleod Trail Plastic Surgery. I know its very nerve wracking thinking about the surgery. Just be sure that you ask all the questions you want when you go see the PS, and I highly recommend visiting several doctors, and do not rush yourself! Try to learn as much about the process BEFORE your surgery. I think for myself I really only truly educated myself after the process and I'm ok with everything now, but I had quite an adjustment phase because I maybe rushed things a bit, and didn't do all my proper research. There is a list of questions that someone created to ask the PS before you get the work done. Its on this site somewhere. Try to find it - OR CAN ANYONE POST THE LINK FOR RAJEANA? Best of luck to you - you will have great results I am sure! Use this site a lot - everyone is awesome, and there are great Dr. answers that I found very informative.
My friend used to work with a bunch of surgeons and she told me that that Dr Chong is skilled buy has bad bedside manner and his aftercare is not good. Another friend went to him and she had a full tt. When i asked about him before i chose my Dr, she said no way she would ever recommend him. My other friend...before her ba. ..had a consult with him and said she didn't get a good feeling with him. Top surgeon is probably Dr. Jonathan Toy in Edmonton. His wait list is very long but worth it because that is his specialty. He does a phenomenal job with body contouring. If you have lots of work to do...I would wait it out for Dr. Toy.
you look amazing! gives me hope!!! :) I've been applying bio oil on the boobs and it is soothing...not sure you are up to trying it...
Oh that sounds good Cebrie. No I have not tried it yet. I have heard good things about it though. do you think it will help with the diminishing of how the scars look, do you think it will make them appear lighter? Thank you for the suggestion. :) Has anyone else tried it? Is there anyone out there that has used the silicone strips? Do you feel that they helped? I have them but I have been lazy as of late about them.
Thank you for your update... It was great and helped me today. I am looking forward to being 100% in the gym like you. I am doing good at 1 month .Starting back lightly. I have those feelings about my new breast size and need to give them time for my body image to adjust too.
Hi Suzy, I'm glad I helped. Yes, time is a great healer. Just go back slow and gentle and don't do anything your body is telling you not to. I think things really start to pick up around a month post, so you should start feeling better everyday! The new body image is an adjustment, but I think it comes for most of us with time. Its so hard to be patient, but time is the greatest healer in all of this.
WELL SAID ;)
hi there! you look really good...and I can not imagine what you have been thru with the TT....ouch! looks painful...and as you said...after 3 C sections....but wow...you look super fit...I only wish to get to having abs....which I will get back to working out after I feel I can do them.... since you and I had the same ps....did you ever get the cards that say info on the implants? I asked for it at my 1 week post op this past Tuesday. I got the card and when I got home I googled the info on them....him and I discussed my goals and he said in the pre op apt (you can read my story if you'd like) that 365 cc moderate profile would be ok...then just as he is marking me before going into the OR he tells me that he thinks I would look good with 370 cc....showed me how much of a difference would be which was hardly anything...but I still didn't know if they were high profile or moderate...so I found out on the Natrelle site that I got high profile....I'm a tad scared on how they will end up looking when they settle....I hope they're not too big.... I asked him about massaging the breasts to which he said NO. when was your surgery? mine was Aug 25.
Hi Cebrie, I am almost 3 months post-op. I read some of your story now... yes I have high profile 370cc. They have miracurlously dropped a lot. At the beginning I hated them and went back to the PS and asked that he take them out. If I wasn't in so much pain because of the TT I just may have gone thru with it. I am glad that I did not do that. I do like the implants and they have dropped quite a bit. I think you have a really beautiful result already! I know...its hard to get used to them. Overtime though, you just do. I was an extreme case of not being able to handle my new body image, but I have come around. I think with a little time you will feel more settled and relaxed about it. Its early days, and its a pretty major change! I did not get a card....I think I should have, I did not know about the card. I am going to inquire at their office, thanks for the tip!
You look amazing! !! I cannot wait to go back to the gym again! !! You're making me jealous!
Thank you so much! I've been keeping up with your own journey and you are doing amazing - keeping very active so early on! You are an inspiration.
Thanks…that means a lot:) Honestly…it's more necessity than anything else. I would like nothing more to just sit…but it's the life of a single, full time working mom…no choice…just have to do it…LOL. How do you look these days? You're three months now…How's the swelling? Is it any better? I look to your recovery for information actually. LOL. Thanks:)
BA is continuing to drop so that's good, not sure if I'm just more used to seeing them but my boobs are starting to look "more natural" if that is possible. They probably don't look "natural" but I am liking them more all the time (as this was an issue for me in the beginning). As PS on her said before, they look good at 2 months, and great at 4 months, when talking about BA's in general and the whole dropping thing. So I'm looking forward to 4 months. Yes dropping and softening is still happening. Swelling from the TT- yes better, but not perfect. Improving? Yes. The visceral manipulation has really helped. When I tightened up my abs the other day I could almost see some definition (almost, got a ways to go for sure!)..and my workouts are more minimal/maintenance types right now, but I feel pretty good about that - no more saggy skin covering up all my hard efforts (your userid it great BTW!) I'll post more pictures in a week or 2!
I cannot wait to see you pics:) I've been so busy with work and super tired. I feel so impatient sometimes…but I keep reminding myself the recovery is a lot longer. I can't wait till I get clearance to be back in the gym. I'm so tired of not being able to go. LOL. I feel like I'm getting fat. sigh… How's your week been?
You look amazing! If you said 32E, that sounds huge, but to me they look the perfect size. Obviously much larger than you had earlier, so that's probably why you think they look so big- but to me they look beautiful! I found it interesting that you are still having bowel issues- I am having the same problem 4 weeks out- before TT, I NEVER had problems with constipation (actually the opposite problem most times) and now I have to be very careful to drink tons of water, eat lots of fiber, etc. or I get really constipated. Since I haven't taken any prescription pain meds for 3 1/2 wks now, I know that isn't the problem. I think the MR just tightened everything else up inside and the whole digestive system is still effected. Your TT scar looks great for 2 mos. post- I had 2 C-sections and agree that the scars fade tremendously- I couldn't even seen my scar when I looked for it, pre-TT (my most recent C-section had been 14 yrs earlier, and I couldn't tell you how long it took to fade back then, but I know I hadn't seen it in many years). If you aren't happy with upper abdomen in a few months, consider lipo- I had it with tumescent anesthesia (you're awake) and it was easy. With the skin already so tight, it could make a considerable improvement if you are still bothered by that area.
Hi There, thank you for your kind comments about my results! I went for "visceral manipulation" recently and I have also been doing a little "gentle" abdominal massage on my own. I think this is finally the answer (I'm hoping). it seems to be helping. I agree with your comment about everything being "tightened up" and affecting the digestive system. The TT really is a trauma to the body and its a lot for the body to recover from. I'm not sure the lipo would help me because its more like daily bulging in my abdomen that come and goes, is better and worse and its a weird hardening of my abdomen. But the good new is the massaging is helping. thanks for your support!
Hi 4962... Glad to hear you are back in the gym. I liked your post about the BA to wait for 4 months to love them. I have these concerns that my BA make me look heavier. They are a D right now. tell me about the viseral manipulation ? Thanks
Hell Suzy, Ya, looking heavier. Well, I don't feel I necessarily look heavier, but I do avoid blousey type loose tops for that purpose. I don't try to flaunt my boobs, but I think that clothes that accentuate my curves are helpful in making me look best. I have a funny story - I had had the same hair dresser for a LONG time (like 30 years...since I was a kid). And she's kind of a strange, grumpy curmudgeon kind of lady, but she does a good job on my hair so I keep going. Anyway, she is really good with the back-handed compliments! I did not tell her about the surgery. When I went back to see her after the surgery for my hair I did wear something looser that day. I don't want her to know- she would be annoying about it. Anyway, I sit down and she tells me "hey are you are looking good, you were too skinny before." So, I had to laugh. So the question - do I look heavier? maybe? I don't feel that I am. And that was definately a big worry for me at the beginning and I do have self-image issues and if I thought I was looking heavy chances are good I would reduce the size of them because it would bother me a lot. I was really depressed after the implants and very unhappy with them at first. Its taken me a long time to not idealize a certain body-type image of women as being beautiful (and I never met that image). I think we all come in all different shapes and sizes and we really are truly beautiful no matter what we look like. The visceral manipulation. It was not really a "massage" - there is no hard kneading of body parts. It was gentle pressure and pushing. So..no pain during the process. She just kind of pushed the abdominals around, and she said that I should do it too whenever, several times a day, whenever I feel the need. So lately when I have felt the bloating coming on I have done that and my stomach is a lot softer when I do this. I saw someone mention that their stomach gets hard like when you are pregnant. And yes, that's what's its been like at times. Very hard and huge - pressing out like i am pregnant, but mostly above the belly button. And it gets uncomfortable. BUT...since this abdominal manipulation...its better. If you google this - you will see some videos. - try it! Just google abdominal massage. if I can find the link of this one instructional video I saw I will send it to you. It was really great. Basically because of the anatomy you want to start on the lower right side and work your way up and then over to the left side of the abdomen and then down. Definately go that direction - you are kind of pushing things along, if you know what I mean. And if your stomach starts gurgling that's a good sign. My stomach is smaller, more comfortable, and bowels are working better since I started doing this. I go back to see this lady in a week or so. She wanted to see my after my cycle for some reason. Do you have issues before your cycle? Since the surgery, I noticed a big change, for the worse, about a week before my cycle in terms of bloating and constipation. Have a great day!
You are the same height as me. its good to see your progress. You look so good. What size breasts are you and did they go down alot in your recovery ?
Hey there, I am 5'3" and 130-135 lbs (depending on the day!) I got 375cc (or 370cc) high profile. I really struggled with the size at first. I even went back to the PS and said "these things have to go! you need to take them out!" I was freaked out and depressed. I have since relaxed a lot about them. Its 3 months now. and yes, they really have dropped a lot. Naked - they don't look "natural." yup, they look fake. But in a dress or a sweater, I think they look good. And naked, well, my husband loves them, so really, not much to complain about. I would say that not one person at work has a clue. I don't flaunt them, I can hide them. But its so nice to finally fill out some pretty lingerie! I was a B a long time ago, 3 kids later I was a 32A at most. Now I am a 32E or 32DDD (depending on brand). I will post more pictures in the next month. Are you happy with your size? You are still fresh, about 2 weeks out? I see you have done some walking. Yes, for the first 5 days I never left the upper floor of our house. Walking the hall for 2 minutes was taxing! It all comes back. I think you are like me- you workout and eat clean. I do crossfit-like workouts, you? It will all come back. I am back to most, but not all movements - have not attempted pull-ups for a few weeks - last time the strain on the tummy just to hang off the bar was too much. I can do push-ups again. I still cannot do even 1 sit up but I am closer. Its all coming back. Have a great long weekend! Take care, you look wonderful!
Hey 4962 , Yes I am a gym rat like you. I am going to go for a walk tonight. I have been getting around well, tried some body weight squats, lunges and some leg lifts. Just for rehabing myself. I bodybuild with pylos ...used to jog lol. yes I can understand your feelings about these new big breast. Mine look good in clothes and my husband says they are fake and fabulous. I had a lift also so the old deflated size D tissue needed to be filled. My PS and I had a goal of athletic and perky. Mine are still swollen so I am getting used to them and going to be patient. I want to be 135 like you...I am 144 right now. Your breast look nateral and beautiful.Its hard for our body image to catch up.Sometimes I say to myself what was I thinking to dare second guess ... My pre boobs were so TRIBAL. I am loving my breasts but want to see if they will go down alitle more. I am 2 weeks 4 days. You are doing great . I hope to do push ups again too. Thank you for sharing :)
PS your breasts fit your frame beautifully.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!
you are looking real great lady! You have dropped a lot for 2 months compared to how slow I was LOL. I hope you do feel like they are a good size once you are fully healed because I seriously can't imagine doing it again ekkk even though sometimes I wish mine were smaller too. your working out too! Look at you go! keep it up but don't push it and I am glad you were brave to post the pictures, its really hard too at first especially after two surgeries I could imagine. take care :)