* Full TT * Athletic Build~ Best Gift to me!

So i am 31, two kids 8 and 3 and in my life lost...

So i am 31, two kids 8 and 3 and in my life lost 70 lbs after kid one and maintained a healthy weight after kid 2. I have been at a heathy BMI for 5 years. I am 5,2 and 135 Lbs. I am a runner ( I just did a Half Marathon Sub 2 Hours) BUT>>>>> I had massive stretch marks and extra skin, it was very noticeable in a Bikini and when I sat rolled over my jeans.

I had a Tummy tuck, for skin removal and navel reshape and muscle tightening. Mine was not about weight loss.

I dont need to hear, that i did not need it, cause as we all know comedic procedure are best when you are at a healthy BMI to achieve the best results.

Most people would be amazed if I told them I needed this procedure! I'm also at a very healthy BMI, 5'3" and 115lbs, only 17% body fat, a runner and triathlete - have a 1/2 marathon this weekend actually, I've never gone sub-2 though! I'm a size 2, no "muffin top", VERY strong abs. Don't want to be smaller, don't want to be flatter, don't need to lose any weight at all. But the skin is still there. Could never wear a bikini or run in a sports bra and shorts (I have before pics up on my review) You look wonderful! I'm thrilled to find some pics of people who are already "skinny" because sometimes when I look at pics of those who still need to lose significant pounds, its hard to gauge what my results might be, ya know?
Some people didn't think I needed it, either. Well, they never saw my stomach. Plus, I couldn't do a situp (my favorite part of a workout) to save my life because of a severe diastasis. I was having problems with my back because it was compensating for my stomach. Sometimes, you just need to do what you would like. You look absolutely awesome already and it will only look better with time! Good for you!
thank you so much:) our poor muscles hey!

So today was 3 full day since my surgery, the...

So today was 3 full day since my surgery, the first day without percocet...lol!! Today I went to to get my hair done...sitting, went for luch and did a little shopping, i was tired afterwards but felt pretty good! Here are more pics!
Also was that a full or mini TT? It does look GREAT, CONGRATS!
it was a full, with muscle repair, and belly button reposition. No lipo
Wait, 3 days after and your out and about! I hope my recovery is somewhat like yours!

So today is almost a week after my TT, I am still...

So today is almost a week after my TT, I am still feeling tight and a little hunched over, but over all great. I am getting a little weight obsessive and wanting to diet and exercise.... i would hate to gain any weight through this.

I plan to go to a Halloween party today, and other than that relax......god is this boring to recover, i have actually been doing computer work this whole time lol, I hear alot of women asking about going back to work, since i do alot of work on the computer I will admit i never stopped really since my surgery, ok maybe one day....:)

Again i have run a marathon just the week before my surgery so i am very active, this is killing me!!!
You look great! If you're doing this good a week out from surgery, it sounds like it'll only get better from here. Happy healing!
Albertachick! You look.....WOW! Your results are jaw dropping!
thank you so much its nice to get the reassurance i did not get a bad job lol

So today is day 8 since my Full TT procedure, i am...

So today is day 8 since my Full TT procedure, i am almost feeling back to normal, I am tender yes but not non functional. I get a bit swollen in the evening as well, I am excited to get my one drain out this week some time. Got my hair dyed today feeling more like the old me!
You look great! I am running a 1/2 marathon on sat ( not sub 2 hrs!), then next week is my TT, not sure which I am more excited/ worried about. Thanks for posting your amazing pics
Thank Buffyr running it sub 2 was a goal if mine. And it wears my first! You will live the results of a tt. Thank you for the comment!
Amazed at your recovery! Hope I can do even half as well as you! And good to know you did a marathon right before surgery, I was thinking of doing either a half the week before or just a 18-20 miler on my own as kind of a last horrah, but wasn't sure how doctors feel about that righty before surgery.

So today is Day 9 and i am feeling great, i never...

So today is Day 9 and i am feeling great, i never have been wearing a CG and the swelling is lessesing, I am taking my kids trick or treating soon, maybe the drain out friday, I feel so good, i had a bit of pain last night during a cough fit....ouch, but other that that just fine recovery, TODAY I WORE JEANS, my fav ones and brande... Rag and Bone....:) Happy Halloween!
You look just awesome. Glad your recovery is going well! Wish mine was :o(
everyone is different. I hope the best for you!
Just amazing. I am so in awe of your recovery and how amazing you look. Interesting no compression garment at all? I think its the only review here I've seen to not use one, and possibly the quickest recovery and most amazing after photos! Did he say why he doesn't recommend them?

Day 11- What I learned 1. Be as fit and you can...

Day 11- What I learned

1. Be as fit and you can before going in for any procedure, I believe this is the secret to my recovery.
2. Try to not be at home the first week, I lived in a different town than where I got the procedure and a sweet Girlfriend took care of me for 5 days, it was nice to not have to stress the hubby and the kids.
3. Keep up the meds
4. track your results! It has been fun.:)
5. pinning you drain to your necklace works well for a shower!
6. Have a positive mind set and be happy.
7. Dont Compare your results or recovery to others, no one is the same and there are a million variables that make everyone different.

Today i feel great, no meds at all and I got alot of work accomplished, we are going for dinner with friends and i am wearing a dress! posting some choices
;0)
You look great! I work out 6-7 days a week and am great shape so hoping for the same recovery!
I am sure you will have the same recovery luck to you I will look for your review
Looking good x I think the fitter you are the better you recover - I walk 6-13 miles in the evening and weekend so I am hoping I will recover as good as you x x

So I am almost 2 weeks post opp, I cant express...

So I am almost 2 weeks post opp, I cant express how happy i am that i did this, I wish I woulds have sooner, I dont feel ashamed that i got it done, i feel proud that i care about and take care of my body so well.

Everytime I go to eat something bad, I think to myself....."umm nO....not after paying 12 grand" So i feel it will be a great motivator for keeping my weight down...I really want to exercise, i find my self needing it, i am going to get blue without it.

Blogging on this site has been so helpful in my recovery and the feedback has been very reassuring, it hard cause i cant really talk about it my regular life...which is so hard...thank you for the support.
You look great!!! Have you had any swelling?
not really any more...:) first week for sure... but i still have a drain in, coming out tomorrow.
You look stunning! Congratulations.

So today I was 2 weeks post opp and i have my one...

So today I was 2 weeks post opp and i have my one and only drain pulled, I will admit i have had a tad more pain, not much but some swelling at the top. just glad i am not pulling on that drain any more, I was starting to get clotting in it and it was time... One more week till the steri strip tape comes off:) then it will be paper tape, and then exercise. Ya Road to recovery!
Looking great Albertachick! I'm glad to see more athletic women posting on here! Makes me feel more confident about my potential results when I am ready! I'm a healthy and athletic at 5'2" average and about 130-134 lbs (given the day of the week) after 2 boys 10 and 2 yrs old!
Thank you for posting this. I have been thinking about whether I really need this...do I look that bad, kind of thing. Its been hard to find a person my size to see their results. We are the same height and Im pretty stable at 106-109lbs. I hope my recovery is as good as yours!

Day 18 post opp. things are going great on my...

Day 18 post opp. things are going great on my front, I am back at work 3 days now, loving my body, no swelling, no tubing/drain ready to take the tape off any day now, down 5 lbs since surgery and none of my tops fit....i did not realize how much I was hiding my tummy area, and i have such curve now! all that muscle reconstruction gave me a great curve. I still have sone numbness in the area, but i am standing straight and feeling nice and tight/toned......never been like that!
I'm so jelous you don't have swelling. I'm 22 days PO and the swelling is my only complaint. You look amazing!
WOW, you had NO swelling basically! Thats amazing! You look amazing, I bet you must have worked out a lot for years before this. I bet you are so happy!
not alot at all, i was very active going in:) i feel amazing too thanx, and i worked out moderatly, i am no fitness queen, i am a mom or 2 and work as well so i just lead a active life style and take care of myself, I learned great habits too

3 weeks since surgery and i am craving some...

3 weeks since surgery and i am craving some exercise, I just really dont want to gain weight....:(
You look fab at only a few days out! I totally agree with you that going into this as fit as possbile is key and it not being about weight loss. I too ran a half just days before mine and at the 2 week PO mark I was starting to go stir crazy not exercising like usual. Hang in there. Lifting and indoor cycling has gone well for me but running was slow to progress because I would get serious tightness, like Braxton-Hicks contractions in my lower abs! Now at 2.5 months out I ran 3 miles this morning. My best advice, listen to your body when it comes time to kick up the exercise again. Happy healing!
Thanks for your updates. I LOVE your recovery story and am hoping for the same. I am having the same procedure in 12 hours... actually, make that 11.5! I have seen a few stories on here where being physically fit going into it has been helpful in recovery. I hope that is true so much!!! (I'm also 5'2", less muscular than you are, so I only weigh 111. I also cannot run a marathon!! Just a regular old gym rat/ Bikram yoga enthusiast.) You look fantastic, but feeling good, which is also important to me. Fingers crossed. P.S. you have so many cute bra and panties sets. I don't think you are going to like what I post pics in. LOL
never thought of my self as muscular lol, how did you procedure go!? and what is like with out cute lingerie:)

So it has been about 3 months since my tt and I am...

So it has been about 3 months since my tt and I am feeling great! it really is amazing how the time flies. Everything is on place and and i feel I got the perfect tummy tuck! I have been back to normal activity, tanning on the beach (scar covered) and running! I would never go back. I still have some redness to the incision and numbness.

I feel more confident and much better in my cloths ya for a amazing recovery.
You look amazing!
You look frickin amazing! Love your results! :)
Thank you so much! I work very hard:)

So I did a boudoir shoot a couple of days ago, it...

So I did a boudoir shoot a couple of days ago, it was so much fun to finally not have to hide my stomach, how freeing this surgery was....honestly. I see alot of woman asking if its worth it....yes....but! BUT BUT BUT!!!!! Pay for a great surgeon....just do it its your body....and be very fit and as skinny as you can get before going in, it really helps with recovery.
So... You look great! I have a question... I'm in southern Alberta, and I was wondering if you went to consults with any other docs in the province?? I'm leaning towards Dr.Paul Whidden. Where there any other dr's you visited? Also.. what did you say to your family doctor?! Mine is trying to talk me out of it!
I am in the medical field so I knew who was the best. And not family doc did not try to talk me out of it. But did not think it was a need to do. Mine was a great to do. And really go see a few doctors. There are great doctors in Calgary one in banff too. But I will not give names. As I do not want to be objective.
OH MY GOD! Totally amazing! You look fab fab FAB!

So as part of my transition I had boudoir pics to...

So as part of my transition I had boudoir pics to celebrate the new me! I am so glad that my tummy matches the rest of my body now.....this was a TT with no lipo!!!!
You are absolutely beautiful.....you were to begin with! I completely understand what carrying children does to our bodies. You healed so quickly. The surgeon you had did a great job. You deserve this.....I'm smiling for you.....your a fox!
Wow! Your progress and results are amazing. You may have the fastest recovery I've seen!
Wow you look HOT, HOT, HOT!!! You look great in boudoir picture, good for you for being proud! Congrats on your fabulous body!
Dr. Martin Giuffre

Dr. Martin Giuffre is a graduate of the University of Alberta and is the past President of the Alberta Society of Plastic Surgeons. He practices at the Royal Alexandra and Misericordia Hospitals and at the Plastic & Cosmetic Laser Surgical Centre. Dr. Giuffre is also an Associate Professor at the University of Alberta in the Division of Plastic Surgery.