31 Yrs Old, 1 Kid. Lipo arms, Upper & Lower Abs, Flanks, Back, & Inner Thigh. - Albany, NY

Ok....so after reading reviews, questions, and...

Ok....so after reading reviews, questions, and looking at tons of photos I decided I was going to share my experience on the website! My surgery is in 3 weeks and I'm excited and nervous!! I will add photos and document my "journey" so hopefully it will help prepare someone..just like the other lady's helped to prepared me!

Final consultation this upcoming Monday and surgery next Friday!

So I'm sure like everyone else on here who has any surgery done...you have mixed emotions! I'm excited about my (hopefully beautiful new shape) nervous about surgery in general and anxious because I have been on realself and looking at my dr's before and afters everyday! Lol
Here are my before pics...I will post after pics and my experience hopefully day of my surgery!

About 1.5 weeks...

I haven't updated my progress on here as much as I wanted...so here is a recap of my last 1.5 weeks.

Day of sugery: felt better then I thought. I was sore but nothing bad an I didn't come home an sleep like I thought I would.

1 day post op: that's when the soreness/stiffness kicked in! It's not a "pain" feeling like a surgery. I bruised bad. The worst part is going from sitting/ laying down to standing/moving.

Day 2-5 post op: each day got a little better, I could move around more, the bruising started to get better. I would try to rest a lot, drink as much water as I could, wasn't hungry and needed help with reaching/bending things.

Day 6 post op: went for my 1st appt to see dr. Lynch. He took my bandages/wraps off and this was the 1 at time I saw what I looked like! An through all that puffiness I could already see results!!! I was surprised at what a difference my back & upper stomach/upper flanks already looked smaller! My lower abdomen/flanks/ inner thigh/ arms were still too swollen.
I felt better after everything was removed- I did not leak fluid like I read in other posts, I never had to change my dressings or use maxi pads. This was the first day I could take a shower which I was very excited and over due for....but it was not what I thought! Lol your skin is very sensitive and the water was more painful the relaxing! So it was a quick one!!

Day 7: I can move around much more now, brushing is a lot better and I'm feeling more like myself in general! I'm starting to want to eat a meal instead of a "light snack". An I have more energy.

Day 8: 1st day back at work! Went in for about 4 hrs. I'm a hairstylist so I move around a lot. I was surprised at how good the day went!! I was double booked an besides my arms getting a little tired here and there nothing else bothered me! I did go home an take about a 1.5 hr nap! Lol
I also wanted to note my arms are the most changeling body part I got done! Probably b/c I used them so much, but it's hard to do things myself since my range of motion is limited. Then I would say back, it's stiff and sore. Upper/lower abdomen, flanks, inner thighs no problem at all!

Day 9: good day getting better.

Day 10: my second appt with Dr. lynch. He said I look good! I had the tape covering my stitches removed. That definitely felt better! An I go back in 2 weeks for a follow up. My arms are almost back to normal (range of motion) and honestly everything else feels good! Brushing is a lot lighter an about 90% gone. I wear my compression garment and spanks 24/7 honestly they don't bother me and I noticed my skin is less sensitive and I feel more comfortable (believe it or not) with that combo on. I'm still swollen in back, lower abdomen/flanks but I can see such a change in my body over the last few days! I'm excited to see what's to come! I will post updated pics of all the areas in the next few days!

3 weeks and 3 days....

So at this point, I feel you see significant changes in weekly increments. From my last up date week 2- 3 I think was definitely changeling! Right after surgery isn't the best but you expect it. I don't know why but by 2-3 weeks your (at-least I was) ready to get back into my routine 100%. Mentally you're really ready to go but for me physically I wasn't there. I have a very busy daily schedule an it's frustrating when you can't bend down as fast, or go faster then a brisk walk without feeling uncomfortable (not in pain just a weird sensation). I'm exhausted at night (again up & going by 7 am an in bed by 11pm). The compression garment does get old & I'm swollen! Lol (I want to be honest with how I feel so others who are about to go through this or are at the same place maybe can relate).
But.....you have to hang in there ladies!! Cause honestly I woke up yesterday and especially today an feel/look a lot better! Almost like it happen over night! I'm sure if you're reading this an other posts or comments from drs they all say at least 3 weeks for most (not all) of the swelling to go down to see your new shape. It's true! So you have to tuff out the first few weeks of pain, discomfort, super swelling, and no results- your body will start to heal an it all comes together! It's still early in the process but today is really the first day that I would say lipo is worth it! I will keep you updated with pics and posts on a weekly basis!
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for posting your last update....I feel sometimes nothing changes. I am almost 3 weeks po so reading your post made me feel better about learning to be patient :) You look great! Are you still wearing both the spanx and compression garment?
Hi! Yeah like I said at a little over 3 weeks I saw a change! I think lipo is a tricky surgery...we obviously do it to look better, but we are super swollen and sore- which is the opposite of what we want. Then have to be patient an wait day by day for results!! Lol I honestly rotate what I wear...for about 1/2 a day I wear spanx (it's the higher power. I like this cause it stays up an is tight but not too tight) then I'll wear my compression garment. Then another day I'll wear the garment over the spanks. I move a lot at work so this method works for me cause I don't get any lines an I feel it gives me different levels of compression....
I got a new garment at 1 week and now its too big rolls down and leaves marks and dents from where its sagging. I finally spent the money and bought the spanx super slimming that im going to start wearing now. I see my ps next Tuesday for my one month so I will see what he has to say. Thanks for the info! I think I will try your method of rotating and wearing both :)
Wow, looks like your dr did a great job. Your tummy, waist, arms and back look great. I had my arms done 4 wks ago. I had the rippling on the lower surface of my arms also. It is almost completely gone now and what is left only shows in certain positions. Best of luck to u
Thank you! He is a good dr- I like the fact he gives you curves! So that's good to know in about a week or so more of the tunnels will go away! Lol An best of luck to you too ;)
You look Great and love the small waist and curves. The tunnels on arms are normal and will subside,no worries. :)
Thanks! It's a process but I'm getting there...yeah I watch the tunnels change every few days! Lol
I can still see a little discoloration under arms after 3 months& he scars on my left. BUt tiny like mosquito bites. I hope in a year it lightens up because i am dark skinned. These procedures take forever to heal but worth it. :0)
Looking good!  Thanks for continuing to post updates- love seeing your progress!
Thank you! I will keep updating :)
Glad the bruising is 90%gone,it looks so painful. Happy continued healing! :)
Thank you! The bruising was really bad! Lol it's basically gone now...you can see in my new pics ;)
Yw :)
I going to get the same the one scare is the arm I'm a nursing assistant and have to be back to work 12 days after ...but after I read ur review about the arm I feel better because I know hair style have to used their arms more them I do ...thank u here is one realself sister the yuor review really help a lot
Hi...I'm glad to help- that's why I did this!! :) here are a few new pics, I took a up close one of my arm (especially for you to see)!
looking good!!
Hope you're doing well. :)
Tomorrow is the day, good luck
Good Luck on your journey :) It's very normal to have a bag of mixed emotions. Be prepared as you will have A LOT of emotions after while healing but for me it was well WORTH it. Have a great Day!
How is it going
So far nothing exciting...lol I just posted my pics, an waiting for next Friday!! :)
Your big day is coming up!  Keep us posted on everything.  Here is our big resource list to help you prep:

Can't wait to see your pics!
Thank you for the info! I'm going to post my before pics...an I will keep you updated!!