On July 4th I decided, it was time for...

on July 4th I decided, it was time for independence from my large breasts (DD)! So, I sought out a surgeon....not just any surgeon. He may just be the best with the greatest staff too. I have been a DD cup for as long as I can remember. I've had chronic mid back to shoulders & neck pain for years. I'm one week post op tonight, and I still have lots of swelling. I'm not sure what cup size I'll end up being. I look forward to having less back & neck pain! Does anyone know how much swelling there usually is after surgery? I'm wondering how much smaller my breast will actually get?

Post Op Day 9

Well, my swelling has gone down slightly in past couple days....I think. Sleeping in a recliner since surgery is really starting to take a toll on me. I really need to get back to my job...so that's a dilemma. Feeling kinda bummed.

Wicked Itching

Oh my gosh.........the itching is out of this world! I feel like a monkey constantly catching myself with both arms turned in to lightly scratch at my breast! Yes, it looks funny.....but this is some serious itching! And, what's even worse????? I can't "really" scratch. Driving me crazy......if anyone has any tips for the post surgery itching, I'm all ears.

Nipple healing....kinda worrisome

The healing around my nipples......especially my right nipple kind of scares me. I know it's still very early in healing process. Still happy.

Still have good bit swelling

Day 14 after surgery I still have a great deal of swelling. I hope the girls stay perky after the swelling is gone!

Obsessing over nipple healing

Post op appt was okay today. PS is pleased with healing. I'm still nervous about the gaps in incisions under nipples but all is well. (I'm a natural born worrier!) PS explains it's average normal healing. I'll be glad When I'm healed. Does anyone else have pictures of their incisions 2 weeks post op?

Getting better

I'm feeling much better today. I still have tenderness & swelling to breasts but that's expected. The gaps in my incisions under nipples are becoming smaller. I'm able to actually sleep lying flat now! Woohoo!

Less swelling, More Healing

It's day 26, and my breasts are becoming smaller. Lots of the swelling has gone down. I still have a great deal of swelling left though. The incisions have become more tender as i begin to regain more sensation to my breasts. The gaps in my incisions are slowly healing....but thankfully they are healing! I'm becoming nervous that my breasts may be much smaller than I anticipated or imagined them being. (That's one of the risks u take with this surgery). I'm okay with that...."being smaller than I wanted". I can always buy padded push up bras if my breasts get waaaayyy too small. My husband still seems disappointed at times that my Double Ds are gone. My head, neck, shoulder, and back pain has decreased considerably. I've decided to replace my mattress soon too to hopefully help completely eliminate the pain. All in all.....I'm still happy with my decision to have a breast reduction.

Trying on bras & swim tops!

I had my 4 week post op appointment with PS today. It went well. I've started trying on bras & swim tops. Right now, I'm a very full C cup/small D cup. I still have swelling. I have high hopes that I'll be a C cup after all swelling decreases & settling is complete. :-)

38DD to 38C

Day 34.....& I'm still happy with my new boobs! I'm very happy that all the gaps in incisions have finally closed with new skin. I went bra shopping this week. At Lane Bryant (where I use to buy bras), I'm now size 38C. However, at Victoria's Secret, I'm size 36D. So, VS has obviously changed their sizing since I shopped there for bras many years ago.

Taking a more natural shape

I'm 6 weeks & a day post op! Most of the swelling has gone down. My breasts are taking a more natural shape & feel now. I've lost some of the fullness to the top of breasts that I've had due to swelling. All open skin areas to nipples have finally closed. It is true if you gain weight after surgery your boobs will get bigger too. I've gained 10lbs or so since surgery & I can tell my boobs are a bit larger last couple weeks despite me losing the swelling. ( mainly I can tell by how my surgical bras are more snug now & my breasts feel heavier). My husband swears they don't look any larger. LOL! He's still a little lost without "them".

Almost 4 months After surgery

Feeling much better now....I still have some residual swelling to breasts. All those wacky sensations just hit out of nowhere. However this is to be expected when nerve endings are healing/regrowing. My right nipple and other areas of my breasts still have numbness....this too is expected. I anticipate over the next 6-8 months the numbness will continue to resolve. I'm still so happy that I had the reduction. My husband is still having to get use to the new smaller me.

6 months post op

Swelling is completely gone and the fullness at top of my breasts has disappeared. My breasts are taking a more natural shape now with the tightness of tissue relaxing as my breast heal.
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Dr Moye and all of his staff are beyond outstanding. The office is such a warm, friendly, & welcoming environment. During an intimate life changing event in my life, I never once felt uncomfortable during the care of Dr Moye and his staff! I can not say enough great things about Dr Moye and his staff at Albany Regional Plastic Surgery. Overall.......Just an outstanding experience! By the way, I love my nurse....Vickie!

You look AMAZING! How many grams did you have removed from each breast?
Thank You soooo much! If I remember correctly, it was close to 400 grams per breast.
great result, what changes did you notice between 3 and 6 months???? I am coming up to 10 weeks
Mostly what happened between 3 & 6 months is the swelling slowly went away. Only just recently past two to four weeks have I noticed my breasts to start setting into a more natural position. For a while after my surgery the swelling & tightness of surgical reconstruction gave me a fuller & larger implant look.....my breasts appeared to sit a little perkier at first. But now they look more natural & are less full on the top part of breasts. Check out all my pics & you'll see how overtime they start looking slightly different with each month.
Thanks for this, did your bra size change during that time.?
Not really. Prior to surgery I was a 38DD in Lane Bryant bras. After surgery I've been wearing 38C in Lane Bryant or 36D in Victoria's Secret bras. I was just fuller weeks ago (had more muffin top)
very helpful thanks. i now feel i know what to expect for the next 2 - 4 months
They are so pretty. What a nice job.
Fantastic lady...congrats!
They are really beautiful!
Did you have to pay anything prior to surgery?
No....because they are billing my insurance. However, after all is said & done....I think I'd been better off paying out-of-pocket for surgery vs dealing with insurance.
What insurance do you have?
BCBS...but my deductible is outrageous. Many charges are still pending. So, I'm not real sure exactly what I'll owe after deductible & coinsurance. :-(
Damn that sucks!!! Well you look great. Do you know what size you are?
I'm a C cup now. However at Victoria Secret I'm a D cup. Like everyone else VS had to go & change their sizing. So with the reduction, I've gone down 2 cup sizes.
Well you look amazing! I was scared of some other peoples Stories but yours has given me hope again. Just waiting on the insurance to see if they'll approve it. Fingers crossed!
Thank You & Good Luck!!!
Looking great!!
Wow, what a sensational result, exactly what I am hoping for.
Thank You so much!!!! Good luck with your 2nd surgery! :-)
You look awesome!  Are you still a bit unhappy with the size?  I think they look just right for you - not too small at all.  I'm in the opposite boat - I'm feeling bigger than I wanted..  I'm only three weeks out and still a bit swollen though.
Congrats on your Reduction! You look great. You will have lots of swelling for a while. My PS says I should really be able to tell more of my true size after 12weeks or so (even up to 6months post op). I'm happy with my size now. I still have swelling too. I'm coming up on my 5wks post op. I anticipate getting a little bit smaller, but I hope not too much smaller. In several weeks you should see your new boobs get smaller! :-)
You look marvellous. Thanks for posting the photos of your nipple issues. I'm have the same issues and you made me feel so good. My doctor told me all of my nipple woes are normal but it's so comforting to see someone else who had the same issues and has nicely healed.
Thank You! The nipple healing process was one of the more difficult things for me. Issues with nipple healing is very common with breat reduction surgery. I'm glad that my posts have helped decrease your worries of your own healing process.