Best Decision I've Ever Made! - Akron, OH

I was a 38H and my pain in my upper body...

I was a 38H and my pain in my upper body controlled everything in my life. I now am a true D and no more pain. I'm still adjusting to the way I look , I assured my husband that I will still have breast , he wasn't to sure about the procedure ,but he can now see the difference.
Yes the couple of days are uncomfortable, but with Motrin and a pain pill once in a while the pain is not to bad.
I had one drain tube removed 4 days after surgery, but the other was still draining to much to be removed, so I see my doc in a few days. My one nipple is very dark compared to the other, but the doctor is aware of it and he feels it will be fine . I also have some fluid under the nipple and when I touch it it's like a blister. The drainage has slowed Down so wait and see.
I don't know exact cost yet because my insurance is covering procedure so I will update that when I know correct amount.
I just put the average cost I could find.

25 days later

My back and neck feel great , but the nipple on the left is a mess.
I wash it everyday and apply anti bacteria ointment and cover it, it seeps through gauze with blood ugh.

One good side and one not so good yet

I still feel that this surgery was the right choice for me.
Healing is taking longer than expected, but I'm remaining optimistic that the final outcome will be beautiful .
The right side which was the larger breast is doing great .
I'm still tender and have pain at the end of the day.

Surgery 4 weeks ago

So it's been 4 weeks and went back to work, still very guarded around people the thought of someone running into me is so scary, especially with my left nipple in the shape it's in.
Doctor told me he was going to clean it up a little and I left the office with a giant hole where my nipple use to be. I had so much dead tissue and it's possible to have more removed before the healing can start.
I guess it's a small percentage that this happens, but I feel the need to share what's happening because this was the furthest thing from my mind the day I had surgery.
So I took more pictures I hope it doesn't gross anyone out to much.

Surgery #2

So I had surgery Monday 10/21/13 to remove the dead tissue and close up nipple area. This was caused by the lack of blood flow to this area of breast tissue and is very rare and I honestly believe my Doc is as mortified as I am. So the plan is to heal up and then do reconstructive surgery on this breast.
I have the drain tube in again and I really don't like how that feels, but it's draining a lot less than the first surgery so that's a good sign . The drain was in for 8 days the last time and I'm hoping to have it removed by this Friday . I'm still at a loss for words on the subject . I really can't believe this is happening I just assumed this was going to be a routine reduction and then move on , I just keep reminding myself that it will be ok eventually.
Crystal clinic

Overall experience is not what I expected. I would still have the surgery , but I would go to a different doctor.

Hope you are doing well. You have had a rough time. Thanks for sharing.
*Big-HUGS* I'm sorry that you are going through this. It's a definitely a big risk we all take when doing BR or any kind of surgery. But the good thing is that you didn't lose all your breast tissue. So after this healing, you can do nipple reconstruction. =0)
I'm sorry you had to go through this. I hope you will soon be able to enjoy your new breast. Good luck on the reconstruction. I do understand what you mean though. Have a breast reduction to get rid of the pain just for it to cause more of a headache. Be strong!
Your breasts look good. I don't think any operation is straight forward and complications happen every day. You look good and healthy. Now you can have nipple reconstruction and begin to enjoy your new body. Bravo to you.
Thanks for the comment I do know surgery comes with risk , but thanks for the reminder
I will be having surgery on Monday to remove the rest of the dead tissue and reconstruction . I'm confident my PS will be able to take care of this . I will update after Monday with better information. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. : )
Thank you so much. I think that it is great that you shared this. Having complications in healing from a boob reduction is really horrible, but for those who come after you it is important because they can see that eventually it will be ok. I am having issues too and seeing how others have coped with the situations really is helping me. We will get through this, heal up and enjoy our boobs. Have they talked to you about any reconstructive surgery?
Take it easy at work and I will pray for your healing. Sometimes these things happen and when they do it is hard to cope. I admire your honesty and bravery. Everyone on this site can appreciate your bravery.
It really scared the hell out of me if I am honest. I can't even imagine how you must feel but I am very thankful for you sharing these pictures. Oh my god, how can they leave this so open. It looks really deep. I wish you so much that everything heals now! I think if this happens to me, I might not want to show anyone, you are very brave! Thank you!
Who did your surgery at crystal clinic?
You're boobies look amazing, hope your nipple starts to get better quickly.
Hi there I have the nipple issue also, it looked the same as yours on the first day. I guess it will take a while for these to heal and it sucks. I am still very glad I did this though. Mine is expected to recover quite well though. I hope yours does too.
It's always a big risk we take when getting this breast reduction. Just keep taking care of it and try not to stress your breast. I tell myself that but it's so hard to do sometimes. LOL. Hoping your nipple will have blood supply to it soon! Wishing you a healthy and fast healing!!
Did you have a free nipple graph. They look great by the way. Good luck with you healing.
Did they give you a reason as to why the nipple isn't healing?
It has to do with blood supply to that area, Tissue under appears to be pink so I'm waiting to see how it heals from this point. Doc removed some of the dead tissue today . Not pretty
I'm five weeks out now and was a 38g. Now I'm a 38d. So happy!! Good luck with your healing!

Welcome to the community.  You are looking really good and I am sure you notice the big change in how your back feels.  You will feel a ton better once that last drain is out.

Keep us up to date on how you are healing.