I went to Z Aesthetic Dermatology for a free...

I went to Z Aesthetic Dermatology for a free seminar to learn about the coolsculpting procedure. Anyone who went to this seminar would receive 20% off the procedure if purchased that same day. The presentation basically went over the same information that I read on the internet so I didn't learn anything new; however, I did get to see a live demonstration where someone was actually having it done in front of us. After the demonstration, I was able to meet with a nurse who evaluated the locations that bothered me that I may want to have coolscuplted. She put these little measuring things on my belly area to see what size suction cup would be used during the procedure. I required a large one for the lower ab area and smaller cups for any other areas I was curious about. The area that bothered me the most was the lower ab so I decided to make an appointment to have that done in a few weeks. I would have liked to have done more but it is not cheap. That one area with the 20% discount was $1100. I'll see how that goes before deciding to do other body areas. I will write more once the procedure is done.

Before Coolsculpting Photos

I wanted to share some photos of myself before my Coolsculpting experience. The nurse that evaluated me said that I had an egg shape to my belly versus the more common bagel shape. I agree as you can see the lower portion is heavier than the top giving it an egg-like look. This makes me very self conscious! In certain outfits, it even makes me look pregnant. I definitely don't want to be asked again when I'm due. Crushing!!!

I have seen a plastic surgeon to discuss lipo, and I'm not afraid of going through with that. However, the cost and the down time turned me off. I can't afford to take a week from work to recover as I just started this job and don't have vaction or sick days yet. With Coolsculpting, you can go back to work the same day!!

I'm looking forward to getting this done in 3 weeks!

11 More Days To Go Until Coolsculpting

So I have 11 more days to go until my coolsculpting procedure. I'm a little nerveous but more excited. I called to confirm my appointment and also to make sure there wouldn't be any additional charges, hidden fees, etc since I already pre-paid for the procedure. I'm all set.

I'm mostly scared about the after pain not the during pain. I keep reading that after 3-6 days it gets really painful as the cells are dying and the body is defrosting. I've been thinking about buying one of those back brace things that you can freeze or heat up to help with the pain. Many recommend getting one to ice your belly when it starts to hurt because nothing else seems to help other than pain meds. I think I might buy one just to be prepared for pain if I get any. Rather have it than not. Plus, it's no more than $20-$30 max. Some are even lower at Walgreens and Wal-Mart.

Will write again either right before my procedure to maybe post photos or discuss how I'm feeling or will write after the procedure about everything.

4 More Days For Coolsculpting

So I've been getting some comments about this procedure, and I have spoken to the office staff as well about my concerns. I'm feeling a little better. Of course I'm still a little scared of the unknown, but I'm sure I will be okay. I have decided not to cancel as everyone's bodies react differently to this procedure and I might be okay. What happens to some people may be due to past medical issues, pain tolerance, location of treatment, etc. I do appreciate the concern and warnings, Jkat, but I guess I have to learn the hard way and see for myself. I'm trying to be prepared though.

I'll post before pics again as well as during pics once I have my procedure done. Check back soon!

Procedure is Tomorrow!!!

I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure I will be fine! I took photos of myself this evening to post and can hopefully get photos during my procedure as well as afterwards to post, too. I'm excited to get started so I can see the results in 2 or so months. Fingers crossed that everything goes well.

Getting Coolsculpting Now As I Type!

So I'm sitting in the chair having my Coolsculpting done as I type. It's not as scary or painful as I read or thought it would be.

When I got to the office, they had me change into a pair of paper like shorts so that the gel pad wouldn't wet my own clothes. She then marked the area to be done with a red expo marker. They then took photos of me from every angle. Next I sat in a comfortable chair that she recline. She then gave me a soft pillow and put a blanket on my legs. The gel pad was then placed on my tummy. It felt wet and a little cold but not bad. The Coolsculpting machine was then aligned with the marks on my belly. I was nervous. She told me to take deep breaths. She pressed one of the two buttons on the head of the machine. That turned the suction part on. This was the part that was the most uncomfortable as it pulled my fat into the chamber to be frozen. It felt like a pull and pinch. Once I got over the initial shock of this action it was okay. She then pressed the second button which turned on the freeze part. It felt warm at first then like a massage then cold. I got used to it quickly. I'm now 45 mins into my treatment. Nothing is bothering me other than I need to use the restroom as I've been drinking water. Oh. I forgot to mention, it was hard to breath at first so I was taking shallow breathes but I got used to the suction and was able to return back to normal breathing. I'm excited for this to be done. Got less than 8 minutes to go. The nurse just checked in and said she's gonna do a massage on my belly after the machine is removed. I'll write more soon and post photos, too!

Procedure Done. Waiting Game Now.

So my procedure is done. When the hour was over, the nurse took the suction device off my belly. The gel pad and fat were frozen into a butter stick like look. It didn't hurt. The release of the suction device was a relief. She then took off the pad and massaged the fat. This did not hurt at all. I actually enjoyed it. Didn't feel tender or anything. When done, I stood up and she rapped me in a bandage and gave me some aftercare instructions to take home. I took photos of my belly after the massage. It's just red. The redness is almost gone now as its been 30 minutes since I left the office. Now it's a waiting game to see results. I'll keep you posted.

One Day After Coolsculpting

After the procedure, I went home and changed then went out with one of my friends for a walk. I felt no pain at this time. I went about the rest of my day and didn't even realize I just had something done! When I got home, I took a bath and washed off the red marker on my belly from the Coolsculpting markings. It came off pretty easily with soap, water and a wash cloth. I wrapped myself back up in the ace bandage. I still had no pain. Every once in a while my stomach would itch from the bandage feeling but other than that it was okay. Then I went to lay on my bed around bedtime. My cat decided to climb up on the bed and walk ON MY BELLY! OMG. That hurt as her little paws sunk into the spots I just had suctioned! It felt like I was bruised and someone punched it. Once she got off, it didn't hurt so bad. I then went to sleep. I did not wake up with any pain during the night. The next morning (today), I took a shower and just felt a little sore. No major pain. Also, I don't have any bruising and am hardly swollen at all. So far so good. Will keep you posted.

Second Day After Coolsculpting

It's been two days now since my Coolsculpting procedure. I still don't have any bruising and hardly any swelling. It is more sore today though than it was yesterday. I noticed this when I had to get dressed for work and the pants rubbing or touching my stomach made it hurt. I wore loose fitting sweat pants over the weekend so didn't notice so much. To help with the pain, I just left the pant button undone and pulled my shirt over it and all is well. My stomach is sore to the touch. Just feels like a big bruise under the skin but that's the worse of it. It's tolerable. I just have to be sure not to touch my stomach. Other than that, I don't notice anything is wrong. I slept throughout the night again so it's not keeping me up.

Day 3 and Day 4 After Coolsculpting

So I'm on the fourth day after my Coolsculpting procedure. Day three my stomach still felt tender but did not hurt as much as day two. I could actually touch my stomach without that pain I had the other day. Same goes for day 4. The spot that is the most sore is right under my belly button. Not sure if it's because the skin is thinner around the belly button or that spot bruised more under the skin, but if I touch that spot, it has the most tenderness. Really my pain has been almost none. I would say maybe a 2 out of 10 and that's if I touch my belly. So for me, so far so good.

I have not seen any results yet but I wasn't expecting to at this point. That would be unrealistic. I have been taking measurements though before and after the procedure. I went from a 34" to 35.5" to 36" in the area done so I have gotten a little swollen. That's not out of the ordinary for me though as the same thing happens when I get close to my time of the month or when I eat certain food, too. In any event, the only discomfort really is when I have to wear dress pants to work and they are a little tight so I have to keep them unbutton and hide that.

I will write more in the next few days to let you know if there are any visible or pain changes.

Day 5 After Coolsculpting

So yesterday everything went well as I wrote in the above update; however, I wanted to add that my stomach did start to itch on day 4 (yesterday). I would rub or scratch it to relieve this feeling but no pain.

Last night, I woke up several times but I don't think it's related to the Coolsculpting. I had some spicy food last night and I'm having heartburn in my chest and slight stomach pain (maybe gas). It's not the part of the stomach that I had suctioned that hurts. It is in the upper GI part so again, I don't think it's related.

This morning I haven't had any pain. I just have a little discomfort from my pants against my stomach, which still feels bruised but doesn't have any bruises visible. Would be nice to wear pjs or sweats to work but that's not going to happen!

I'm anxiously awaiting to see if I get any pain that I've been reading about. It seems to happen between days 4-8 so I'm in that time frame right now. So far so good but we'll see. Fingers crosssed that I get through this pain free!

Days 6 and 7 After Coolsculpting

There were no changes on day 6 or 7. I still don't have any pain other than it being a little sore when touched. It has not been itchy, crampy or painful. My heartburn has also gone away. I still don't have any visible bruising. I'm not sure if I'm the exception as I had read many reviews about pain. I haven't had any. I think I have passed the stage when I would feel it but I think I've read up to day 10. So I'll keep you posted of any pain changes or visible changes.

For those looking to get this done, I'd say go for it as everyone's experience is different. Although someone else may have felt pain, doesn't mean you may!

Day 8 Bloated But No Pain

I'm on day 8 and feeling great other than looking bloated. I've been a little bloated from the procedure but also now its that time of the month so extra bloated. I wanted to share that with you as I was wondering how this procedure would effect my body when having a period but it doesn't. I don't think I read one review that mentioned that. I still don't have any pain. It's still tender or sore but only to the touch. I'm posting photos of me 8 days post Coolsculpting. Not much difference yet (may look a little worse here due to the bloating).

Day 9 Feeling Pretty Good

I'm on day 9 after coolsculpting and I'm feeling pretty good. I don't have any bloating pain or discomfort (although I still look bloated). My stomach sensitivity isn't as sensitive. The hard part now is waiting to see results. I can't wait to see what I look like in a month or two. I'd be disappointed with no changes. I hope I have at least a slight change. Will keep you posted.

Days 10 and 11 Almsot Forgot I had Anything Done

The last two days have gone by without me even thinking about my belly. I hardly have any sensativity or soreness. I can touch, massage and push in my belly without having any pain. I think I might be past the stage when I'm scared pain is coming. At this point I'm just waiting for results. I'm going to try not to think about my belly for the next two weeks as it will drive me crazy checking for results every day and not seeing anything as it's too soon. I'm just hoping that it's not the more pain you feel the better results you get cause if that's the case I won't be seeing results!!! I'll update you if I have any changes in pain or shape. Keep checking back as I'll post after photos!

Almost 3 Weeks Post Coolsculpting - No Results Yet

So it's about day 19 and I don't notice any results yet. I know it can take up to 2-3 months though so I'm not surprised I don't see anything. I don't have any pain, soreness or sensativity. It's like I'm back to "normal." I'm just anxiously waiting for some results now.

1 Month Post Coolsculpting No Results Yet

Yesterday was my one month mark of having had coolsculpting done. I haven't noticed any results yet. I know there is the possibility that I could get results up to three months so I'm trying to stay hopeful. I still look pregnant in my opinion. I'm just hoping that results aren't based on the pain one can feel as I had read that when the cells die, you can feel pain. If that's true, I haven't had any pain so does that mean cells aren't dying? I can post photos but there hasn't been any changes that I can tell. I'm just hoping for some kind of result, even a little bit, to make it worth the time and money.

1 month post photos

See if you agree. I don't see any positive changes from one month ago. So far it hasn't been worth it. Let's hope I see changes in another month. If not, I wish I used this money toward lipo or breast! We will see. Trying to stay positive.

Considering Lipo - Your Opinion Please!!

Ok so I need your opinion ladies! I had coolsculpting on 9/7. It's been 1 month and 14 days since I had it, and I don't see any results yet. I know it can take up to 3 months to see results so I'm trying to be patient. Here's the thing, I have off from December 21 - December 29. I am planning on having a breast augmentation during this time which would allow for plenty of recover time. Usually surgeons offer a discount if you get more than one procedure done at the same time. So, I'm considering lipo on my stomach area (the area I had treated and my flanks). Do you think I should not get the lipo and wait to see the results or do you think I should get the lipo because the results might be minimal anyway with coolsculpting (usually 20% decrease in size if that)? I just hate to think I wasted over $1,000 on coolsculpting when I could have used that for something else.

Consultation Today

Yesterday I had a dermatology appointment at the same location I had my coolsculpting done. While there, I asked to speak to a nurse about my coolsculpting and possibly getting lipo done. Unfortunately, all of the nurses and the doctor were out to lunch at the time I had my appointment. I sent an email to one of the nurses yesterday hoping to get an answer before I go in for my plastic surgery consultation today. I haven't had an answer back yet. I have gotten a few comments from realself friends about waiting to do the lipo. My three month mark for coolsculpting will be on 12/7. I had hate to not wait and then get lipo and not know the results of the coolsculpting; however, I would hate to wait and then get no results and then not have gone through with the lipo. If I get lipo, it would be on either 12/18 or 12/23. Maybe the plastic surgeon will allow me to make that decision later on after 12/7 if I wanted to do that or not as my main reason for seeing him is for a breast augmentation not lipo.... so if I booked an appt for BA maybe he'll let me add it on later. I'll ask today during my consult. I'll keep you posted.

Plastic Surgeon's Opinion

I saw a plastic surgeon today to discuss a breast augmentation and possible lipo of the belly. I asked him about coolsculpting and he was skeptical about it. He said I could benefit from lipo if I wanted it but that I should think about it. He recommended diet and excercise. The coolsculpting place I went to recommends I wait to see if I get results so I'm getting pulled one way and the other. The PS is not pressuring me to get lipo at his office though. He just gave me his opinion. I have some thinking to do.

Plaid pants before Coolsculpting. Purple panties 1 month post

I think I look the same if not worse. I'll have to take more updated photos as these were taken 3 weeks ago. It's now 1 month 3 weeks total. I'll post at the 2 month mark.

Before and After Photo Using Pic Collage App

Thanks for PrettyOne34 and Jelly87 for directing me to the Iphone app called pic collage. I've tried other collage programs and they just wouldn't do what I needed them to do! This one was simple and allowed me to do a 4 or 6 photo collage.

Before, 1 month and 1 month 3 weeks Photo Collage

Not sure if I see results or not. I think my upper abs look thinner as I'm a little twisted or turned while taken photo. Will post at 2 months next.

Belly Button Changes?

30smtg mentioned she noticed changes in my belly button and upper belly. I didn't have any upper belly work done but my navel was under the Coolsculpting machine. Maybe there are changes?

Exactly 2 Months Out

Today is my two month mark. I am posting before and after photos showing before I had Coolsculpting and this morning's results. I personally do not see any changes. My pants fit the same and my measurements are the same. Maybe it's just me but so far I'm disappointed and wish I had saved that money toward lipo. I'm not giving up hope yet though as I know I have another month to go.

3 Months Post Coolsculping - Disappointed

I have been patiently waiting for my three month mark to arrive as I had read and been told that it takes up to 3 months to see results. Today is that mark. I am very disappointed that I have not gotten any results. I feel as if I wasted money that could have gone toward something else. I guess if this really worked for everyone then everyone would be doing it. I'm posting photos so you can give me your opinion. Dr. Z's office contacted me to see how I was doing. I mentioned that it was three months and that I didn't see any results. They said that some patients have to have a second treatment done to see any results. I already spent over $1000 and feel I wasted money so not really sure I would want to do it again (even if it's half price this time). Thoughts? I wouldn't have known if this would or wouldn't work unless I tried it so I guess I'm not 100% upset but I am disappointed.

Requested Photos From Doctor's Office

I have requested the photos that were taken before the coolsculping from the nurse who took them. She's finding out if she can send them to me. Once I get them, we'll see if they were taken up close or farther away to see if it's worth going in to get after photos. They said I needed to make an appointment with them to get photos taken. I just can't take off from work to do that unless it's worth it.

4 Months Post Coolsculpting Approaching - No Changes

1/7/14 will be my 4th month after coolsculpting. I don't notice any changes. In fact, my pants are now tigheter but I know that has nothing to do with the coolscupling by now. Probably is due to the Chrismas and New Years food. I just wish that I spent this money either for a gym membership or toward my BA surgery!

7 month post coolsculpting

4/7 will be my 7th month after coolsculpting. I don't see any positive changes. In fact, I have gained weight in the same area I had coolsculpted. I am very disappointed. The doctor had asked me to come back to take photos and discuss getting it done again at a discounted price but it did nothing the first time and I gained weight. Why would I return? I feel like I wasted all that money that could have gone toward something else. Makes me mad really. I thought maybe the weight was due to Christmas or New Years food or bloating from my monthly friend but no it hasn't gone away. Anyway, if they offered me a session for free to try it again, I'd take them up on it, but I don't think I'll go back and get it done again.

Hitting the Gym Since CoolSculpting Didn't Work

I know I probably should have considered working out or joining a gym way before even trying coolsculpting, but I thought I'd try coolsculpting first to motivated me to keep the results. I have joined the gym this week and have gone twice in this week so far. I hope to go 3-5 times a week even if it's just for 30 minutes a day. However, I need to work up to that. It's been years since I did a true workout or went to a gym. I am still disappointed with my coolsculpting lack of results. It shocks me to hear positive stories from people on here that it actual worked. I have to see it myself to believe it and I didn't. I had high hopes though and tried it... but wish it was cheaper so I don't feel so bad about "wasting that money."

If you decide to try it - Good Luck to you. I wish everyone well to get good results. Would hate for you to have this feeling of waste of time and money. If anything good came out of this, it was getting me motivated to go back to the gym.

Photos as of 3/26/14

6-7 months post op photos

Eating Better and Working Out

So I'm trying this new thing called "The Insulin Diet". I just started in two weeks ago. I've been exercising, too, 30 minutes or more at least every other day. I haven't seen any big results yet but it's only been about 2-3 weeks so far. I know sometimes things take time. I have not considered coolsculpting again even though they offered me a discount. I'd be even more mad if I paid more money to do it again and nothing happened again. I'm hoping in 3 months I'll see some kind of results from the working out and eating better. Won't post pics now since it's only been a month and there aren't any changes since the last photos. I still look bloated and pregnant. Actually just got asked over Easter weekend if I had a baby in my tummy by a restaurant hostess. Sigh! At least I wasn't alone. She asked my sister the same question. However, my sister had two kids and still has that belly fat from that. She has an excuse. I don't. Back to the gym.

From What I Can Tell, It's Not Diastasis Recti

So LoveMe34 suggested I check myself to see if I had Diastasis Recti. I did research on this and thought to myself that this would make sense; however, I have never had children. Most of the literature I have read said you get this after you have children. I did read one or two things that said you can be born like this or also get it w/o having kids... so I did the self test and from what I can tell, I do not have this. I am just carrying my weight in that section like I guess a lot of ladies do.

On a good note, exercise and diet are going well. I went from 151 lbs down to 146! in 3-4 weeks. I know 5 lbs isn't a lot in one month but it's the most at one time that I lost in a long time. Clothes don't feel different yet but I feel less bloated or gasy!

Photos of tummy

Here it is. Not flat yet but slowing making improvements. Diet ms exercise it is then!

Weight back on

So I have not exercised since the holidays. Been eating ok... But I gained the 6 lbs I lost back. So without diet and exercise and even with Coolsculpting lost loss is hard for me.

12 month post photos

This is me one year after Coolsculpting.

Before and After 12 months

Before and after 12 months

Video of tummy 12+ month post op

Video of tummy 12+ month post op
I am more than 12+ months out now and am disappointed in the short term and long term results of Coolsculpting.
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

The first time I went to the office, I did not meet Dr. Z as I had my Coolsculpting consultation with a nurse. My experience with the staff at the office was great. Everyone was super nice, friendly and beautiful. The inside of the building was totally redone when they bought it and it is very well decorated. I love the colors. They also served water bottles and had fresh cheese and fruit to eat while you waited. I will write more once I go in for my procedure. The second time I went into the office, I met with Dr. Z and Chastity as they both did my facial consultation. Chastity is a fantastic employee. She is very helpful, insightful, knowledgable and kind. If I had a question, and she didn't know the answer, she'd find out for me and get back to me in a timely fashion. Z Dermatology is lucky to have someone like her on their staff. Dr. Z is very kind as well. She, too, is very knowledgable, kind, caring, etc. There were a few things I didn't get to ask her during our first meeting and when I went back for my Coolsculpting, she made sure to meet with me to answer them. I was very happy that she made the effort to help me. The third time I went to the office, I had a different nurse helping me with my Coolsculpting. She was very helpful and kept me informed on every step of the procedure. She definately made for a more comfortable environment.