Leaning Toward It's Worth It...

Yesterday was my first ematrix procedure in hopes...

Yesterday was my first ematrix procedure in hopes to minimize shallow acne scarring on my checks and chin. I decided to go with doing this despite reading some bad reviews of the ematrix on this site because I can't stand looking at my scars anymore and am willing to take the risk for the possibility of good results. If I never take the chance, I'll never have it! When I arrived to the dermatologist's office yesterday, the first thing they did was take my photos. Then, they had me sit with numbing cream on my face for an hour (which I wish they would have warned me about so that I could bring a book, etc.). After that, I went in the treatment room, they took the numbing cream off my face and had me sign some papers. The physician's assistant then came in who performed the procedure, and she was actually very friendly. I was happy that we discussed my desired results, the areas I was most concerned about, etc. The procedure itself was not that painful. However, in certain areas, like under the eyes, it was more painful. It felt like needles being poked into your skin. Immediately after the treatment, my face was red, and I could feel a burning sensation in my face, which continued throughout the night. I would say the burning reached it's high point in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. My face felt like it was on fire, and it was very difficult to sleep. However, by the morning, the pain is again tolerable. However, my face is extremely red, slightly swollen and has the imprint of the ematrix tip. Also, my scarring appears almost nonexistent right now...however, I know this is due to the swelling. I will continue to update for the next six months...until I am supposed to see the full result!

This is the second day after the ematrix procedure...

This is the second day after the ematrix procedure. Almost all of the swelling has gone done. Every 12 hours I can notice that I am less red. Tonight little scabs starting forming all over my face, as they are supposed to, and will eventually "fall off" from what I understand from the provider. I am excited to see my skin once it heels....

Third day after procedure

The third day after the ematrix procedure, I saw a huge improvement in redness. The small scabs have began falling off (looks like dry skin) . I didn't feel embarrassed to put on some powder foundation and go to work. I feel like I see some improvement in some scars, but it is probably too early to judge still.

A week later

I has been exactly a week since y first ematrix procedure. I think I already see improvements in my scars in the sense that they seem less deep. However, I do not know if this is true or inflammation still or my eyes ( or hopes) playing tricks on me. I am not sure when most people begin to see results. I know it can take up to 6 months.

Second Round of Ematrix

I had my second round of ematrix two days ago. This time the procedure bothered me less during it and after. I did not swell up as much or get as red, and I seem to be healing faster. The scabs formed the next morning instead of two mornings after. I think I saw slight improvement around three weeks after the first round, but it is hard to tell. I will continue updating to let you all know what the progress is (if any).

Two weeks after second Eatrix

It has been nearly two weeks after my second ematrix procedure. This time, I had less swelling and redness, and instead of the scabs only being there for one day before flaking off, this tie, it took over a week for them all to be gone. I thought that difference was kind of interesting. Anyway, I think I do see an extremely slight improvement with the overall texture of my face. The scars I fixated on before are definitely still there, but perhaps less deep, and perhaps the shallowest scars that I never saw before have evened out because I really can't explain why I am seeing this overall increase in smoothness.

Three weeks after Second Ematrix

I am consistently noticing an overall increase in the smoothness of the texture of my face. It's strange because some days it seems better than others, and I'm not really sure why; however, I can at least always say that there is an improvement. I think that some of the very small holes are either gone or have increased in height to the point that they are unnoticeable (unless you were really trying to look for them), and the larger rolling scars are less deep. I wanted to confirm that what I was seeing in my last review seems to be consistent and true. I'm assuming these results are permanent. Therefore, I am going to change my rating from "Not Sure" to "Worth It." I have one more procedure left to go, and I am very excited.

Something I have noticed....

One thing that I think is strange that I have been observing is that some days my scars look like they have a lot of improvement and other days, I don't think I see any improvement. Does anyone know why this is? It sees to sometimes depend on if my skin is dry or well-moisturized, but I just can't see that being the entire explanation for the huge gap in difference that I am seeing here. It is really confusing me and my opinions toward this procedure.

If you have Rosacea...

For those of you who also have rosacea, mine is definitely more pronounced after the second Ematrix procedure. Maybe it will calm down with time, or I might need to have something else done now after this. Haha.

Seems to only work for texture irregularities

I know that some people get Ematrix for reasons other than acne scars, such as wrinkles, tightening, etc. I wanted to comment that I have seen no other changes in my skin besides texture.

3rd Ematrix Procedure

I got my 3rd Ematrix procedure on Monday of this week (3 days ago) 6 weeks after the second procedure. This time the scabs formed within an hour of treatment. I was slightly less red and swollen. The scabs are staying on for longer. It's interesting to me that the healing process changes with each treatment; I wonder if it has to do with the change in the skin from previous treatments. Anyway, I have completed the 3 rounds that the doctor recommended. In six months, I go in to take pictures, which is when my provider believes I will be ready to evaluate my results. I will continue to update any changes that I see in my skin.

More Consistency

It has been about two weeks since my third procedure. I believe that I am all healed-up now and done with the swelling. Since the last two weeks after my second treatment and now these two weeks after my third, I have noticed much more consistency in the improvement of my scars. I would say they always now look less shallow (however, it is possible that still some days are better than others). At this point, my scars are improved, however, it is so so so slight. I hope they really do keep improving!

About 8 months out from last procedure

I unforunately still have not been able to make it to the sixth-month follow-up to take pictures and therefore will only be discussing changes I can determine without a before and after photo in the same environment. However, I have an appointment for next week, so I will be able to update then with any new information that I observe. Over these past 11 months since the first procedure, I do see very mild results and definitely no unwanted side effects (which I was concerned about). Some scars seem to have been made less shallow and previous relatively narrower and shallower ones seem less wide, but others appear no different, and this seems to depend where on my face they are located. Scars closer to my chin seem to have been more affected than those on my upper and mid checks, of those which I see little to no difference. I will update what I see at my follow-up!
Emily Oehler, PA-C

Emily Oehler, who performed the procedure, was extremely friendly. Prior to the procedure, we discussed what I was hoping to accomplish with the ematrix, what areas concerned me the most. Throughout the procedure, she very was very conversational, which helped to keep my mind off the slight pain. This procedure is being overlooked by Dr. Amy Forman Taub.

I've heard that ematrix for scars is great but need a min of 4 treatments. I'm doing it mostly for tightening and texture overall cus I'm not getting any younger! (39 years old here) So far, I love the results! Good luck with your healing journey!! :)
Thanks! Same to you! How many treatments have you done? What kind of results have you seen?
wow, thanks for the play by play! i have my first appointment tomorrow and am really nervous. I am also wary that i've spent a good penny on something that might not work. My biggest concerns are mild acne scars and dark spots. Did you notice if dark spots went away? aaaaaah...hope it doesn't hurt :( i have two weddings to go to in the next month....
How is your skin? Honestly I didn't start with dark spots, so unfortunately I am not sure! Yeah I definitely spent quite a chunk of money (by my standards) and was worried about that, but for me even the slightest improvement is worth it to me because I hate my scars! I hope it is worth it to you too! Let me know any updates, please!
How have your results been?
Mild, but I'll take it. How about you?

I've just had my 3rd treatment of Sublative Rejuventaion, my last was 10 months ago). The healing process for the first 2 was about 7-8 days, there was a significant reddening of the treated areas (my entire face from the eyes down). I did notice significant results and I thought that the treatment had worn off, so I returned for a 3rd treatment, yesterday. I have never been more swollen in my entire life. I was woken in the middle of the night by a stinging pain that felt like my skin was on fire. In the past I experienced most of what I described, but never to this extent. I'm worried....

What are you getting the treatments for? If you feel that there is something abnormal about your healing, you need to tell your doctor!

Hello everyone!!! I am thinking about getting ematrix done on my face for my deep acne scarsas well as the dark ones i also have very uneven skin tones & blimishes, can you guys give me tips? If not ematrix then what? Im nervous its a big chunk of change im about to spend!

I think the best thing for you to do is to set up a consultation with a reputable doctor. They can actually see your scars/other unwanted features and recommend the best treatment for your skin. Although not completely done with my treatment, I can personally say that with Ematrix I have noticed improvement. All that I know is that it has helped me!
My scaring is minimal. I mostly wanted it for evening out texture and skin tone, shrink pore size and to "tighten" as I will be 40 next year. I certainly do not want to look 40! :) I definitely see a change in pore size. Like I said before, I think it's difficult to assess my results because as soon as I start seeing some improvement it's time for my next treatment. I have treatment 3 of 4 today! :)
I can't wait until my third one next week. I was recommended to receive 4 treatments every 4 weeks. I would really like to see a review from someone a few months after their last treatment to see what the results are then. Maybe that will be you? :)
Of course I will keep updating! At my last (third) appointment the provider was telling me that there really can be a significant difference between the last treatment and six months after it. I'm pretty excited. Please also keep all of us updated on your results too!
I had my second Ematrix treatment 2 1/2 weeks ago. After the first treatment, one of my friends told me regularly that my skin looked good. After the second treatment, which I was told I would have better results with, I have not seem much improvement. In fact, my face has been breaking out the past couple of weeks so I only see the blemishes. I do see a slight difference in the size of pores on my nose, a very small change in the little bit of scarring on my cheek, and a little decrease in the smile lines on one side of my mouth. But now I am finding a crease on my forehead that I didn't notice before and wondering if I should get Botox there! I am hoping in time I notice more improvements. I have 2 treatments left and am curious to see if I will see any changes after those.
I am no doctor; however, from what I have learned from Ematrix, I would say 2 1/2 weeks probably isn't enough time to evaluate the results. I noticed an exfoliating effect about a week after the treatment as well as nice plumped-up skin and seemingly more shallow scars due to swelling. However, by about 2 weeks, this went away. Maybe that is what it was after the first treatment? However, it does sound like you have seen some great changes that would most likely be permanent in your skin, which is so fortunate for you. On the other hand, you have found one change that you do not like. Personally, I would wait the full time to see the results to do anything about it.
I am scheduled to have my 4th and final Ematrix treatment this Friday. After the 3rd treatment, I have noticed more consistent results. Even my esthetician noticed an improvement in the texture and clarity of my skin. I was definitely more red after the third treatment and swollen the next day. Also the "grid" appearance formed the next day and scabs the day after that (which I think is a good thing). I can tell that there is a significant change because I am using less makeup and not breaking out as much. I'm not sure if not breaking out is an added bonus from the treatments or if my hormones are regulated right now. I am looking forward to more improvements in the weeks and months to come!
I got this done last week at the same place for pitted acne scars. I had a combination of Matrix ir and ematrix since I heard it works better. I don't see a difference yet.
Hi John93805! I am excited to speak with someone who had their treatment done at the same office! What did you think of your experience there? Wow, that's interesting that they did two different procedures at once. Did they pass over the skin twice then? All I can say is don't lose faith yet. I didn't really see any difference after the first treatment, let alone the first week. I am no doctor, but from what I understand, Ematrix is no "quick fix". It will most likely take multiple treatments to see results, and full results can be seen up to 6 months after because collagen continues to produce for about that length of time. I don't think we can (unfortunately) assess the treatments so quickly. How many sessions were recommended for you?
Correction: On a lot of sites, they are saying that full results fro Ematrix can be seen in up to a Year!
they usually recommend around 4 or 6 then after those treatments they offer you another package tell you they are running a special deal for more $$$ and it goes on and on and on, the girls doing the treatments are pushed to sell, If they dont sell there quota they are moved to another location
Hmmm I didn't go to a spa, but rather a doctor's office. I spoke directly to Dr.Taub about my desired results and treatment plan. In fact, I wanted to do 4 treatments, but they recommended I first start with 3.

I have been getting Ematrix treatments periodically for 2 years for deep pitted acne scars on my cheeks. It works! I tried Cool Touch, Aluma and Affirm lasers, microdermabrasion (which made my scars deeper) and other treatments. Ematrix is the only one that worked and I'm so happy I found it. I have seen a huge difference and will probably be getting only 3 or 4 more sessions. I can't say enough good things about it. Good luck to you and I hope you are just as satisfied with the results. For anyone else considering Ematrix - do it. It's wonderful.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me SarahCM! I really do think I see a difference already after only 2 treatments. Some days looks better than others...I wonder if that is normal in the beginning? It is very strange to me...anyway, thanks again for the good wishes, and I hope continued improvement for you as well!
i actually got this procedure done last Friday (07-05-2013) after i read through your posts. I hope it does wonders for the both of us! :)
Thanks Souda_B! So do I!!! Please keep me updated on your progress! :)