Rhinoplasty Review - Adelaide, Australia

Hey girls / guys! I am a 23 year old female living...

Hey girls / guys! I am a 23 year old female living in Adelaide. Currently around 29 hours post rhinoplasty and feeling phenominal! I've decided to post a review because I had a great experience with my surgeon Dr Peter Sylaidis and am completely blown away by what i can see of the results! My rhinoplasty consisted of removal of my bump and a tip refinement. My nose is currently taped in a plaster cast, which you will see in the photos, with just the tip left exposed. From what i can see so far, it looks absolutely beautiful and has far exceeded my expectations of the procedure. I can't wait to get my cast off next week and will post more photos on the day! Going through the rhinoplasty was not overly painful in my experience, there was some shocking discomfort as i was waking up in recovery - but i was given immidiate pain relief by the nurse who was looking after me. Since leaving the day surgery about an hour and a half after my surgery I've had very little discomfort. For pain relief I've been taking panadol and nurofen every six hours and have found that to be more than adequate. Will post front view and profile photos on here next week as soon as my cast comes off!! Can't wait! :D

3 days post rhinoplasty

Woke up very swollen this morning, which was a bit of a shock! Took a panadol & a nurofen which brought the swelling right down with in a half hour. Feeling some discomfort from my nose today because the swelling has tightened my skin, it's put a bit of pressure on my healing nose. In the surgery - i did have my nose broken to move the 'walls' in - so thinking thats a big part of why it's so tender. Overall I'm still feeling pretty good - really looking forward to getting my cast off and seeing the whole thing :DD

Cast came off today!!

Just got my cast off - and i absolutely loveeee my new nose!! It's still very swollen and Dr. Sylaidis said that I would see changes in the shape of the nose over the next couple of weeks / months as the swelling reduces. I can see that the tip and bridge are very swollen, but i am MEGA excited about the shape i can see underneath and how it has accentuated my eyes and lips :)

My next follow up appt is in 3 months time, and by then I should have a better idea of my end result. I will keep posting pics here on real self so you all can see the changes in shape as the swelling goes down.

any questions you have - feel free to leave me a comment

2 months later..

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've done an update - It's been been a busy couple of months since my surgery!
So here's where I'm at if your curious..
It's been roughly 2 months now since I had my nose done and I couldn't be happier with the result! My nose is structurally and aesthetically perfect now, it looks very natural and compliments the rest of my face beautifully. I can feel that the tip of my nose is still swollen which may take a few more months to subside but over all its feeling great, i'm actually surprised at how quickly it's healed. I'll include a photo so you can see how it looks. As the swelling decreases I can see more and more definition in the tip of my nose, it's very exciting! If you live in Adelaide and are contemplating this procedure I do recommend a consultation with Dr Peter Sylaidis at APSA - he is extremely professional and has a very high standard of work.

2 months post rhinoplasty, right side profile

Australia Plastic Surgeon

Let me start by saying I really took my time in choosing a surgeon to perform my rhinoplasty. I have high standards and did not want to be left disappointed with my end result. After having numerous consultations for rhinoplasty i came across a review here on realself.com for Dr Peter Sylaidis - who is a part of APSA. The girl who had reviewed him had posted some before and after photos which i found to be absolutely breath taking - the nose that Dr Sylaidis had created was in my mind perfection, and for me this was the deciding factor in persuing a consultation with him. After going through with my surgery with him, i could not recommend him more highly. He is an incredible surgeon and in my opinion very reasonably priced. For my rhinoplasty the surgical fee was $5000 - not inclusive of hospitalization and anesthetic - which for me worked out to be roughly $2500 (this is becuase my private health insurance does not include hospital cover, different story if you have full cover.) I also strongly recommend that you seek a referral from your GP before having a consultation because it will allow you to claim a rebait through medicare for the cost of consultations and also a percentage of the surgical fee back.

Perfect profile!
You look great!Does he do open or closed rhinoplasties?
He does both - if you want more tip work done it will turn into open rhino. If it's just a hump removal, I believe it is closed!
It looks fantastic ! Im booked with Sylaidis as well, my 2nd consult is in a week then 2 weeks after is surgery. Im so glad i keep seeing such great reviews of him. Thank you for your posts !
You look amazing! I am sooo much more bruised & swollem than you, but I had more work since my nose was crooked
Swollen*
You are a stunning girl! Background? Nose wasn't even bad before, but the little tweaks did wonders for your face as there is more harmony now. The faint bruises stuck around for a couple weeks on me. I'm 7 months post-op, and the swelling in my tip is JUST beginning to subside. It takes about 8 months for 80-90% of it to go away (or a little less if you have thin skin on the tip, unlike me).
You nose looks AMAAAAAAAZING - one of the BEST I've seen on this site I think! I can't imagine how happy you must be :) Hope mine works out this well too!
Oh so exciting! TODAY is my big day EEEEEEP! I have just started fasting and am catching the 10:30 train in to town to be at APSA for admission at 12o'clock. Did'nt sleep all that well last night and woke up really early. You look amazing! and i'm so glad you posted as you were one of the first people i saw on this site and also from Adelaide, and more importantly APSA. Figers crossed for me...see you on the other side :)
Hey! How are you feeling after your surgery? Thank you, I'm really glad if my review was helpful to you. I found 2 rhino reviews on here from Adelaide people when I was thinking about getting mine done - and I found it so helpful to read other people's experiences & see the results ! When I first made up my mind to get it done I was like 'Can you even get that in Adelaide?' Haha! Hope you're feeling great X I'll keep posted on your results :)
How's your recovery coming along? Any updated pics? Would love to hear how it is all going! :)
Hey! Thanks for asking! My recovery is going great - I'd say my nose is fully hear now just over 2 months after surgery. Still quite swollen at the tip of the nose i can feel a lot of Fluid but no longer feeling tender & i can play sports again yay! :p I've just posted a few pictures & will upload a couple more with better lighting in the next couple of days :) How are you doing?
I am loving your shape - it looks amazing!! Do you find it looks like the 3d computerised image that was taken of you? My image doesn't look like me haha. Did you have surgery at APSA or Burnside? I'm booked into Burnside! I will probably ask you a million questions hehe!!! Did you start wearing makeup after 6 weeks? You must be SO happy with your progress!!! Loving it!! :)
Thank you!! I am loving it too - dr Sylaidis did a great job! Mine looks exactly like the 3d image he did for me, I can still see & feel quite a bit of swelling in my lower bridge and tip, so I think when it's fully healed maybe around the 6 months mark it will be spot on! I had mine done at APSA cause it was a little cheaper than Burnside & I don't have hospital on my health insurance. Good question, I think I wore make up after around 4 weeks. You may find you break out a lot after surgery - if that's the case you may want to start off wearing a BB Cream when you do go back to doing your lady paint X
Ali, his PA, checked to see the prices and said Burnside was a little cheaper? Maybe prices fluctuate haha! I don't have insurance either and they've cracked down with cosmetic surgery since last month :( so i won't get anything back. My skin is quite sensitive so will have to find a good moisturizer for post op. Have you started exercising yet? Can't wait to see updated photos!! x
Hi there, I also live in Adelaide and have just had my first consultation with one of the surgeons at APSA on North Terrace. I have had a very unsuccessful (in my opinion) rhinoplasty after an accident about 20 years ago. After the surgery i was very unhappy with the result and about 5 years ago i went to another surgeon here in Adelaide. He was quite and old guy, wanted to charge $15,000 just for the surgery and was not at all confident he could do what i was asking? So i left feeling disappointed. I don't think people with normal noses have any idea how it feels to hate what you see in the mirror or how it affects your self esteem. So here i am 5 years later hoping that with all the new progress i can finally get my nose fixed. The surgeon i spoke to said it would be a difficult operation but seemed confident that he could do what i was requesting and understood what i am wanting. The staff all seem really professional and i get a good feeling about the place. I have booked for a 2nd consult (no charge for this) as i am absolutely terrified this time around!!! I have also been pencilled in for the 29th April for the surgery. The surgeon i am seeing is Dr Tim Edwards. Has anybody out there had any work done by him? He did show me some before / after pics of his work and what i did see was really beautiful. I don't think i have ever been so nervous before in my life!! Not the pain, the price or even the thought of not waking up from the anasthetic, just because i may wake up again with an even worse nose :( thank you all for sharing your stories on here, it helps immensely Liiliibee
Very beautiful nose! Congratulations :) but i think your nose wasnt that difficult to begin with, your tip, the most difficult part to fix, was already pretty okay!
It's just perfect for you!
awww, thank youu
wow I got my surgery done using the same practice as you! Different surgeon with same practice! small world :-) I hope your swelling goes down quicker than mine so you can see your real nose :-)
Hey wow! Small world indeed! Thank you, I absolutely love your results - you look stunning. I can see your nose is much more refined now and really looks beautiful. Don't be disheartened, your only 1 month in, from what i can see of your pics i'd say the increase in physical activity has lead to a bit of swelling. Before i had surgery i was researching like a mad woman how people went in recovery - and what the swelling time line was like (like the one you've inclueded in your pics.) I know you'd know this, but the 1 month result is soo different to the way your nose will look and sit at 3 months, 6 months etc. Keep your head held high - you look beautiful and i'm sure that you will end up with the result that you desire. i'll stay tuned on your progress too :) all the best hun
Thanks, yes you're right, I can't wait for 6 months to be up so I've got more of an idea as to what it will look like. I'm about to update now :-) I'm glad you're so happy with it all, it's amazing the change a nicer nose can make to your overall appearance and confidence hey
OMG another one and here in Adelaide, i have just posted on adastra90's wall and then saw your comment, i am pencilled in for 29th April, and am petrified....Love hearing success stories from people going to the same practice. Which surgeon did you have, i am seeing Dr Tim Edwards. Would love to see your pics if that's ok?
Wow! You're so lucky to be finding some adelaide people before your surgery! I only found one when I was searching before my surgery and it was real old and she obviously didn't use RS anymore as she never replied to me :-( I have a review so you are welcome to view my photos there :-)