Rhinoplasty Review - Adelaide, Australia

Hey girls / guys! I am a 23 year old female living...

Hey girls / guys! I am a 23 year old female living in Adelaide. Currently around 29 hours post rhinoplasty and feeling phenominal! I've decided to post a review because I had a great experience with my surgeon Dr Peter Sylaidis and am completely blown away by what i can see of the results! My rhinoplasty consisted of removal of my bump and a tip refinement. My nose is currently taped in a plaster cast, which you will see in the photos, with just the tip left exposed. From what i can see so far, it looks absolutely beautiful and has far exceeded my expectations of the procedure. I can't wait to get my cast off next week and will post more photos on the day! Going through the rhinoplasty was not overly painful in my experience, there was some shocking discomfort as i was waking up in recovery - but i was given immidiate pain relief by the nurse who was looking after me. Since leaving the day surgery about an hour and a half after my surgery I've had very little discomfort. For pain relief I've been taking panadol and nurofen every six hours and have found that to be more than adequate. Will post front view and profile photos on here next week as soon as my cast comes off!! Can't wait! :D

3 days post rhinoplasty

Woke up very swollen this morning, which was a bit of a shock! Took a panadol & a nurofen which brought the swelling right down with in a half hour. Feeling some discomfort from my nose today because the swelling has tightened my skin, it's put a bit of pressure on my healing nose. In the surgery - i did have my nose broken to move the 'walls' in - so thinking thats a big part of why it's so tender. Overall I'm still feeling pretty good - really looking forward to getting my cast off and seeing the whole thing :DD

Cast came off today!!

Just got my cast off - and i absolutely loveeee my new nose!! It's still very swollen and Dr. Sylaidis said that I would see changes in the shape of the nose over the next couple of weeks / months as the swelling reduces. I can see that the tip and bridge are very swollen, but i am MEGA excited about the shape i can see underneath and how it has accentuated my eyes and lips :)

My next follow up appt is in 3 months time, and by then I should have a better idea of my end result. I will keep posting pics here on real self so you all can see the changes in shape as the swelling goes down.

any questions you have - feel free to leave me a comment

2 months later..

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've done an update - It's been been a busy couple of months since my surgery!
So here's where I'm at if your curious..
It's been roughly 2 months now since I had my nose done and I couldn't be happier with the result! My nose is structurally and aesthetically perfect now, it looks very natural and compliments the rest of my face beautifully. I can feel that the tip of my nose is still swollen which may take a few more months to subside but over all its feeling great, i'm actually surprised at how quickly it's healed. I'll include a photo so you can see how it looks. As the swelling decreases I can see more and more definition in the tip of my nose, it's very exciting! If you live in Adelaide and are contemplating this procedure I do recommend a consultation with Dr Peter Sylaidis at APSA - he is extremely professional and has a very high standard of work.

2 months post rhinoplasty, right side profile

Australia Plastic Surgeon

Let me start by saying I really took my time in choosing a surgeon to perform my rhinoplasty. I have high standards and did not want to be left disappointed with my end result. After having numerous consultations for rhinoplasty i came across a review here on realself.com for Dr Peter Sylaidis - who is a part of APSA. The girl who had reviewed him had posted some before and after photos which i found to be absolutely breath taking - the nose that Dr Sylaidis had created was in my mind perfection, and for me this was the deciding factor in persuing a consultation with him. After going through with my surgery with him, i could not recommend him more highly. He is an incredible surgeon and in my opinion very reasonably priced. For my rhinoplasty the surgical fee was $5000 - not inclusive of hospitalization and anesthetic - which for me worked out to be roughly $2500 (this is becuase my private health insurance does not include hospital cover, different story if you have full cover.) I also strongly recommend that you seek a referral from your GP before having a consultation because it will allow you to claim a rebait through medicare for the cost of consultations and also a percentage of the surgical fee back.