Rhinoplasty Review - Adelaide, Australia

Hey girls / guys! I am a 23 year old female living...

Hey girls / guys! I am a 23 year old female living in Adelaide. Currently around 29 hours post rhinoplasty and feeling phenominal! I've decided to post a review because I had a great experience with my surgeon Dr Peter Sylaidis and am completely blown away by what i can see of the results! My rhinoplasty consisted of removal of my bump and a tip refinement. My nose is currently taped in a plaster cast, which you will see in the photos, with just the tip left exposed. From what i can see so far, it looks absolutely beautiful and has far exceeded my expectations of the procedure. I can't wait to get my cast off next week and will post more photos on the day! Going through the rhinoplasty was not overly painful in my experience, there was some shocking discomfort as i was waking up in recovery - but i was given immidiate pain relief by the nurse who was looking after me. Since leaving the day surgery about an hour and a half after my surgery I've had very little discomfort. For pain relief I've been taking panadol and nurofen every six hours and have found that to be more than adequate. Will post front view and profile photos on here next week as soon as my cast comes off!! Can't wait! :D

3 days post rhinoplasty

Woke up very swollen this morning, which was a bit of a shock! Took a panadol & a nurofen which brought the swelling right down with in a half hour. Feeling some discomfort from my nose today because the swelling has tightened my skin, it's put a bit of pressure on my healing nose. In the surgery - i did have my nose broken to move the 'walls' in - so thinking thats a big part of why it's so tender. Overall I'm still feeling pretty good - really looking forward to getting my cast off and seeing the whole thing :DD

Cast came off today!!

Just got my cast off - and i absolutely loveeee my new nose!! It's still very swollen and Dr. Sylaidis said that I would see changes in the shape of the nose over the next couple of weeks / months as the swelling reduces. I can see that the tip and bridge are very swollen, but i am MEGA excited about the shape i can see underneath and how it has accentuated my eyes and lips :)

My next follow up appt is in 3 months time, and by then I should have a better idea of my end result. I will keep posting pics here on real self so you all can see the changes in shape as the swelling goes down.

any questions you have - feel free to leave me a comment
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Let me start by saying I really took my time in choosing a surgeon to perform my rhinoplasty. I have high standards and did not want to be left disappointed with my end result. After having numerous consultations for rhinoplasty i came across a review here on realself.com for Dr Peter Sylaidis - who is a part of APSA. The girl who had reviewed him had posted some before and after photos which i found to be absolutely breath taking - the nose that Dr Sylaidis had created was in my mind perfection, and for me this was the deciding factor in persuing a consultation with him. After going through with my surgery with him, i could not recommend him more highly. He is an incredible surgeon and in my opinion very reasonably priced. For my rhinoplasty the surgical fee was $5000 - not inclusive of hospitalization and anesthetic - which for me worked out to be roughly $2500 (this is becuase my private health insurance does not include hospital cover, different story if you have full cover.) I also strongly recommend that you seek a referral from your GP before having a consultation because it will allow you to claim a rebait through medicare for the cost of consultations and also a percentage of the surgical fee back.

Hi there, I also live in Adelaide and have just had my first consultation with one of the surgeons at APSA on North Terrace. I have had a very unsuccessful (in my opinion) rhinoplasty after an accident about 20 years ago. After the surgery i was very unhappy with the result and about 5 years ago i went to another surgeon here in Adelaide. He was quite and old guy, wanted to charge $15,000 just for the surgery and was not at all confident he could do what i was asking? So i left feeling disappointed. I don't think people with normal noses have any idea how it feels to hate what you see in the mirror or how it affects your self esteem. So here i am 5 years later hoping that with all the new progress i can finally get my nose fixed. The surgeon i spoke to said it would be a difficult operation but seemed confident that he could do what i was requesting and understood what i am wanting. The staff all seem really professional and i get a good feeling about the place. I have booked for a 2nd consult (no charge for this) as i am absolutely terrified this time around!!! I have also been pencilled in for the 29th April for the surgery. The surgeon i am seeing is Dr Tim Edwards. Has anybody out there had any work done by him? He did show me some before / after pics of his work and what i did see was really beautiful. I don't think i have ever been so nervous before in my life!! Not the pain, the price or even the thought of not waking up from the anasthetic, just because i may wake up again with an even worse nose :( thank you all for sharing your stories on here, it helps immensely Liiliibee
Very beautiful nose! Congratulations :) but i think your nose wasnt that difficult to begin with, your tip, the most difficult part to fix, was already pretty okay!
It's just perfect for you!
awww, thank youu
wow I got my surgery done using the same practice as you! Different surgeon with same practice! small world :-) I hope your swelling goes down quicker than mine so you can see your real nose :-)
Hey wow! Small world indeed! Thank you, I absolutely love your results - you look stunning. I can see your nose is much more refined now and really looks beautiful. Don't be disheartened, your only 1 month in, from what i can see of your pics i'd say the increase in physical activity has lead to a bit of swelling. Before i had surgery i was researching like a mad woman how people went in recovery - and what the swelling time line was like (like the one you've inclueded in your pics.) I know you'd know this, but the 1 month result is soo different to the way your nose will look and sit at 3 months, 6 months etc. Keep your head held high - you look beautiful and i'm sure that you will end up with the result that you desire. i'll stay tuned on your progress too :) all the best hun
Thanks, yes you're right, I can't wait for 6 months to be up so I've got more of an idea as to what it will look like. I'm about to update now :-) I'm glad you're so happy with it all, it's amazing the change a nicer nose can make to your overall appearance and confidence hey
OMG another one and here in Adelaide, i have just posted on adastra90's wall and then saw your comment, i am pencilled in for 29th April, and am petrified....Love hearing success stories from people going to the same practice. Which surgeon did you have, i am seeing Dr Tim Edwards. Would love to see your pics if that's ok?
Wow! You're so lucky to be finding some adelaide people before your surgery! I only found one when I was searching before my surgery and it was real old and she obviously didn't use RS anymore as she never replied to me :-( I have a review so you are welcome to view my photos there :-)
Hi again, i did reply to your private message but am a bit comp. eliterate and not sure i replied back to you or Realself? Anyway thanks, you look amazing!! if my nose can look anything like yours i will be in heaven :) I am unable to find any reviews on my surgeon but once again this can be due to poor comp. skills? I am going for a second consult next week..to make sure we are both on the same page, will keep in touch.
Your nose is very beautiful! Congrats. Can't wait until my revision on March 25.
Hey zooster! Thanks very much :) I just checked out your profile - I have to say I really like your nose the way it is now, to me it looks great. I can see the example pics of what your wanting your final result to be and i'm sure what your wanting will be achievable for you! :) Best of luck in your revision, how exciting for you!! Will stay tuned for your results :D
Thank you so very much. Nice of you to say that but my nose is horrible looking and very asymmetric and huge for my face. I hope and pray that I get great outcome this time around. Thanks again.
Wow your nose looks so good already, can't wait to see it a few weeks from now! You are so lucky that you live in Adelaide, I've heard a lot of good things about the plastic surgeons that do rhinoplasty there. I'm in Brisbane and hope I can get some good results too :)
Thank you, that's really nice of you! Are there many reviews here on realself.com for surgeons in Brizzy? I found reading other adelaide peoples reviews for rhino and seeing their results really helped me feel confidant in choosing my doctor. I hope you find someone really good, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about rhinoplasty :) all the best
I cannot wait to see your post op photos - I am going to book a consultation with Peter Sylaidis in the next couple of weeks, after EXTENSIVE research on cosmetic surgeons in Adelaide. So far it looks really good!!! I am also looking to get a dorsal hump removal and tip reduction. I am so glad I came across your profile as there are not many Adelaide surgeons on here or the net. Can't wait to see the results - looks promising!!! x
Hey, what's up down under? I also had mine down three weeks ago in Atlanta, GA and currently in the recovery stage. I am very much pleased with the results and wish the same for you. You'll look even more gorgeous :)
Hey, hows it going? That's great! I'm so happy to hear you are pleased with your results. I just got my cast off today - very swollen, but i like what i see so far. Have you found your nose changed shape much after your first week? :)
Yes, I am loving the new shape so far in four weeks but still got a lot of swelling especially around the tip that feels numb. Be very careful when sleeping and I am sure you are taping it each night. Mine was a post touch up surgery after 2 years to remove scar tissues. But still I went through the entire process. We should meet on Skype and share our experience. I am so excited for you and liking your new look :) Do you have SKYPE?
One more thing to be sure putting ice bag around your nose and face especially under the eyes. This will reduce the swelling on the face. I am taping every night prior to bed and was told to do so for six months. This will ensure the new shape settles well with least amount of scar tissues underneath.
Hooray! I'm excited to see your results as well. Thanks so much for starting your story here on RealSelf.
Cannot wait to see your results! It's always great to see another Aussie girl on here! How many surgeons did you have consultations with prior to your operation?
Hey - thanks so much! Tomorrow is the big day, actually get to see how this new schnozz looks :D I had 3 consultations in total before deciding on a surgeon, the info here on realself.com helped so much in scoping out the plastic surgeons here in SA
I am looking forward to seeing your results. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
thanks hun, so am I! :)