Active FX Also Ruined my Skin

I had done my active FX at 10th dec 08 , so it's...

i had done my active FX at 10th dec 08 , so it's already more than 2 months . my skin still cannot recover and getting worse . there was not even improve my acne scar and it seems like more scar day by day . the most terrible thing - i had dark spots all over my face . i'm asian and the doctor told it's called hyperpigmentation from active FX . my doctor told me it'll fade but he didn't know when ???? he provided me diamondtome wand treatment for free , but it seems nothing change at all .

i'm so upset because i have to wear heavily make up everyday and it still cannot cover my dark spot . my skin was ok before and only had some ance scar only , but now my skin looks like a old lady with aging spots all over the face . would anyone have same experience and give me some suggestion ? thank you very much !

If you look worse than before the procedure you should get your money back... But they won't offer unless you ask.. At a minimum they should follow up, fix it or offer a treatment that will give you the results agreed upon within reason If they won’t do either. Ask for your money back in a short letter... Tell them you are going to file a complaint with the better business bureau in 2 weeks if you can’t reach a compromise. Include the date you would like their response by,,, the letter you intend to send to the BBB explaining your experience… What was promised/stated and any advertising or information you were given….What you actually received and the amount of money you spent.. Be reasonable with what you expected.. Some things aren’t possible but if you expected and were told you could expect anywhere from 15-50% improvement and your pics show 0 or negative…You should be compensated with a treatment that will give you at least 15% improvement or your money back… I don’t know why we don’t do this more or expect it? We spend too much money to not expect higher standards from these procedures or products that promise the moon… The standard will remain low. The advertising and promises deceiving and more unqualified providers will offer procedures that don’t work or cause damage… Agree on a minimum expectation from the start…. Results vary but how much? It’s always a good idea to ask what’s the worst that can happen? What will you do if it happens? Whats the minimum percentage of improvement I should expect? What percentage have you experienced with others similar to me??….
I't important that we report our experiences doctors go online to see what reports are filed before they decide to purchase a laser.. That or they take a salepersons word.. My doctor told me yesterday that the manufactures don't have to report unless the laser has special provisions or someone dies... These lasers do not... So ladies it's up to us to help them out and spare others. Once they buy the laser...They almost have to use it to pay for it regardless.... Us girls need to stick together and stand up for our right to know the truth about these procedures our doctors are prescribing us..It is a prescription.. It's beyond me how the manufacture isn't required to report adverse events. It takes five min tops and you can help make sure others have the opportunity decide if they want to do it based on facts not Marketing Hype The FDA needs to advertise this so defective or dangerous products are taken off the market...I had no idea before another on this site told me... I guess their donations would dry up if they advertised that we have this option.. It should be on every consent form for a device in BOLD signed at least 3 days before the procedure..It takes longer than three days to get a appointment...The only reason they don't is to hide the risks... https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/medwatch-online.htm Ask for your money back and file the report If they won't give your money back tell them you are going to file a complaint in three days... Look online for your local better business bureau and call or file online… It’s important we make each other aware of the risks because they are not doing it....
I will, thank you for the info. It's odd how the doctor is not willing to try to see why my procedure did not work, or even perform it again. My colleagues at work, who are about my age, are following my face with me!! I work at a very large company. I also work very close to this doctor's office. He is losing many potential clients; either they are looking into other providers, or they are deciding against any procedure. I guess he doesn't care.With so many baby boomers I imagine there are many patients out there! Why should he spend time on one, when the next is right there?! However, in my case, as I said, many in my area will not go to this doctor.
hi old teacher , you are so lucky , at least you didn't get more scars or pigmentation from the active fx .i got more scars and pigmentatin all over the face . i didn't asked for money back because i perfer the doctor takes care of my face until it's recovery . actually he offers me free treament , so i have to patient for few months . if not , i may be ask my money back . i think awalk may know more about the refund issue . good luck to you !
I too had active FX about two months ago. No improvement in skin tightening, nor a reuction in slight acne scars. I did sign a form at the doctors office acknowledging that Active FX MAY SLIGHTLY improve the tightness of my skin.) I never thought about going to the FDA. How is that done, what would I say?
hi awalk , thank you so much for all your suggestions ! actually i also had 4 sessions of IPL 4 yrs ago and it turned out very good. like you said , i don't what happen after the activeFX . i'll ask my doctor about the TNS recovery serum . my stomach can't take vit C and not even fruits with citrus . i'm so regret that i didn't do any research before activeFX . i trusted my doctor so much before and nothing goes wrong until this time . now i learn to do research before any treatment or anything put on my face . how's your condition of your face ? don't be frustrate , we have to keep encourage for each other .
Karbo If he's willing to treat you but make sure you get him to tell you what happened in case you don't get better like me.. Don't do IPL without wood light it shows the depth of Hypo.if its dermal ect sometimes it makes it worse... I had 1 ipl in 2001 and 2 in 2004 with excellent results however I had one a year after fraxel it made the spots darker and added new ones.. I was very patient and nice and regret it now.. I think it's true the squeaky wheel gets the oil..My girlfriend is squeaky she would have her money back and the treatments then some…What is the time that you lost worth? More than what you paid..He should give your money back…Email me your info and I’ll get it back or call my squeaky girlfriend in for back up…It’s sometimes easier to stand up for others than it is for yourself ..LOL I can tell you are timid like me and don’t like confrontation…I avoid it at all costs until I get so angry I can’t take it..I can’t stand to hear of one more women suffering thru this… PCA skin has a great hydroquinone free pigment gel It’s $38.00 and works as well as the prescription tri-luma I used in the past…I ordered off scinecarerx Also TNS recovery serum it’s expensive but helps with dna repair and is the only thing that helped me slightly..I purchased off ebay $120 for .68ounce ask your doctor to order for you he probably can get it at cost…It makes a big difference especially if you put your face over a light steam and get the molecules really absorbed..Great for healing.. They have prescription growth factors that they prescribe for Diabetic ulcers ask your doc..not really sure but maybe the same as tns… Good luck and keep us informed I’m soo sorry you are going thru this..I hope and pray you start healing… Take lots of Vit C and B I used the powdered c in little packets emergenc you mix with water and it helps..I also had my family doc give me a B-12 shot..Every little bit helps…Keep your spirits up…Email me private if you would like…
hi awalk ,i went to doctor this afternoon and he promise me to monitor my face until it's heal . today he offered me diamondtome wand and IPL ( but only a small area for the dark spot in case IPL cause me more hyperpigmentation ). so " patient " is my only thing can do right now . i wish you and i can have normal face back as soon as possible . good luck to you !
Do file a complaint with the FDA..510K approval is only approval to pre-market...Not final approval... Every little bit helps it's so political but unless we speak up nothing will change.. This is a multi-billion dollar industry with no oversight..Think WALL STREET x's a 1000000
As far as consent goes...These should not be signed on the day of the procedure. They should be signed at consultation..And taken home to review Not after you have been numbed taken pain meds ect,ect...At that point you are half way thru the procedure… NOT ACCEPTABLE and a flat out attempt to HIDE the risks of the procedure... A consent means nothing if your doctor told you something different…
Karbo I feel your pain I've missed 2 soccor seasons with my son hiding in the car to watch.Only a mom understands the pain it causes to not be able to enjoy with your child... It's like they are creating a generation of facial lepers... Diamond tone may help a little but it you get your money back you could buy a 1000 diamontones.. It’s not about the money for us we want are faces and lives back.. But it’s about the MONEY for them..These lasers are sold on profit margins not medicine.. Ask your doctor to tell you what happened!!!..it’s important and you have the right to know.. We as consumers have the power to put an end to dangerous laser and procedures being offered if we demand are money back They will keep doing the procedure if it’s profitable..There will be a percentage of casualties..We have the right to know this percentage. It is high 50/50 Most suffer in silence,, Manufactures and the ones marketing making billions from these lasers know it..
LEGAL: iF YOU SIGNED OFF on those Liability papers/Release papers which you usually are required to sign prior to the procedures, you may NOT have much wiggle room with the MD/Spa. FDA will listen.
Look at my pics..I have always taken car of my skin this laser does the opposite of everything it claims... It causes DNA DAMAGE worse than a hundred years in the sun. I puts laser energy deep in your skin... GET YOUR MONEY BACK If he won't give it tell him you are going to file a complaint... Call your credit card company and fight the charge.... File a complaint with the company and let them know what happened but don't answer qeustions that may be a trick They may say it's a reaction you caused with soap and water ect,joke...Get your records while you are there Mon...ask them to give your miney back and report it to the FDA... These lasers are not appoved yet just 510K is a test they are probably trying to firm up final approval and may give your money back. They have to file the adverse event for the lser... IT Is not SAFE...And gets worse...Get treatment right away.. Take my posts with the studies to your doctor tell him there are reported risks and adverse scarring reported on FDA and studies by unbiased doctors that it can give you skin cancer....reported on FDA and Demand your money back ASAP... Until we start getting and demanding our money back they will keep doing it making money and scarring faces for life.... I would go in first thing mon morn and demand it.Make a stink when the waiting room is busy ..You are going to need it to try and fix at least some of the damge it did... Ask for your tip number and when the lser was last serviced calibrated in case you need more surgery to fix it....You will have proof what happened
hi awalk , i read your review and pictures . thank you so much for your sharing and suggestion . my husband also suggested me to get my money back but my doctor offered me free treatments(diamondtome wand) . i already had 2 treatments but it seems nothing change . i also used hydroquinone creme , but i irritate for the creme . of course i want my money back , but i prefer my doctor give my normal face back . i also have a 8 yrs old boy and i can't have any outside activies with him . i haven't go out with my friends anymore since i had done the procedure. it also affect my life after activeFX . i saw your pictures , your original skin before laser was beautiful . can you cover you dark spots with make up ? i can't cover mine even with heavily make up . anyway i wish you'll recover soon . good luck to you !