90 Days Post-op Abs and Flanks. Slow Progress and Still Sore - King of Prussia, PA

I'm a healthy white male. This was my 50th...

I'm a healthy white male. This was my 50th birthday gift to myself. I know it's still too early to know the results but they kept telling me I'd be back to work in 2 days. Yeah, I can work, but it's uncomfortable as hell.

I did see immediate results the next day. I probably gained a few pounds, probably from swelling, but all in all I'm 9 pounds lighter than pre-surgery. I'm nowhere near where I hope to be when this is all over but I have faith it's going to turn out fine.

My only two complaints are the persistent soreness of my entire abdomen and, when I go for my follow-up visits, I never get to see a doctor.

Here I am 3 months post-op.  I can't say...

Here I am 3 months post-op.  I can't say they didn't officially warn me it could take up to 6 months but they sure downplayed that fact.  Maybe my body is just taking its time.  I'm normally a very quick healer so this seems like it is taking forever.  I am 10 pounds lighter and 2 pants sizes down.  I still have love handles but they are very sore which likely means they aren't done healing yet.

OK.  6 months has gone by.  I still have...

OK.  6 months has gone by.  I still have a harsh stretching feeling in my waist when I reach high.  Other than that my pain and discomfort have faded.  I went from 33" waist pants to a 31" waist pants.  I'm no where near where they told me I would be (6 pack abs) but I'm definately slimmer than I was.  I never regained the 10 pounds that the surgery took off.

My biggest dissapointment, other than the long recovery and no visible abs, was that I never saw the doctor once the surgery was over.  I was only seen by office personnel and seemed to be trained to just keep telling me that everything is normal,  I look great and, give it more time.  My last visit I told them that I was unhappy and still in pain and she told me "Well, this is your last visit".  I wasn't photographed or weighed like they said I would be.

Considering the results and the service it was probably only worth half of what I paid.

It's been 2 years and I still have nerve...

It's been 2 years and I still have nerve damage in my abdomen and flanks. My body has returned to its original dimensions. I am working with MedSpa through the PA Attorney Generals office to reach some kind of conclusion. My advice is to wait for the non-invasive ultrasound method of fat cell disruption that they use in Canada. Some US providers are already using it.

Elizabeth Leimer

She never saw me once following the procedure. I found this very shocking. Follow-up care was left to office personnel.