Zerona Fat Lazer - 20 Treatments, No Results

Please do not do the Zerona fat zapping lazer. ...

Please do not do the Zerona fat zapping lazer. They will not give you your money back.

I got 20 treatments, and not one result. If you have had the same response please let me know, i think we should file a suit against the makers of the lazer. They say it doesnt work for everyone, but its actually not working on most people.

If it seems to good to be true, it is!!!

Dr Jade Mallay

Was thinking about trying, but wanted to hear some real reviews. Looks to me like the same as always, works for some, not for others. I think it comes down to personal body types. We are all different and react differently to things. There is no one cure all for anyone. Therefore, I think "guaranteed" results are non existent, and it's ill advised to promise them. That being said, I still may try it, just to see if it works for me. However, I never put a lot of money into something I'm not sure of. Check GROUPONS if you want to try it. They have all sorts of deals for many cosmetic procedures. I found one for six treatments (the recommended amount for results) for only $150. Certainly sounds better than the $1000-$3000 I've heard elsewhere or when I call. If I lose $150 to no results, I can live with that. I would never shell out so much money over something I'm not sure of. Bottom line, never buy into the hype on anything and always be smart about your decisions.
I had the sessions and unfortunately, I had results that weren't good. The fat relocated to other parts of my body due to a lymphatic problem that I've suffered with for a couple of years now.. People with lymphatic problems should not try Zerona..
I totally agree this is a rip off. I am out $2650 with no results. When I complained they told me that they would give me more laser treatments if I went on their diet that would cost me another $1000 or so. Why would that work if it didn't work the first time. They want your money before you can start without any guarantee and if it doesn't work, too bad for you.
I am absolutely sick when I think how hard I work for my money and just threw $2650 down the toilet. ZERONA DOES NOT WORK and I am telling everyone that I can so they don't get scamed.
Also I must add that they measure you big and then they told me that I lost 13 inches but my slacks felt exactly the same as before and my thighs were just as large or maybe larger. Wouldn't you think if you lost 13 inches your slacks would be loose. It is all a scam. Then they tell you that you have to buy the supplements and be on a certain diet and that costs more. I did that, too, and did not make one bit of difference. I guess someone who weighs 98 pounds and gets the Zerona laser may lose as they had no inches to lose to begin with.
you people make me laugh. YOU decided to sign up for this machine, YOU were told in the consultations that you must drink lots of water, wear girdles, eat healthy, no alcohol, and cardio must be done while doing these treatments and STILL went along with it and now after the fact you are crying that the only reason you lost inches was because of the lifestyle change, well if thats the case then you should've just left the consultation and started doing that stuff on your own and dropped the idea intirely for doing the treatments. Furthermore, you complain that its a "Scam" it does absolutely nothing, yet some of you are saying that it made you worse? :S it made your skin flabbier? ..i'm sorry? that right there makes no sense, the machine doesnt work...but it makes skin flabby. uh huh..ANYWAY i'll tell you right now, i know a woman, 52 years old, has been on the most STRICT diet i've ever heard of for more then 15 years, she eats boiled chicken for christ's sake, and works out like a champ! She decided to start the Zerona treatments and after doing 6 she was ecstatic from her results! she ended up purchasing six more and when finished felt so satisfied, because just those few tiny trouble areas of subcutaneous fat had to be removed and they instantly were. So that truly has no explanation, she's always been a healthy eater, always had a strict diet, always worked out and has an immaculate body, did NO changes or alterations to her lifestyle whatsoever and the Zerona Laser worked. I think personally, people are cheating and aren't really following the protocol to the T. Conclusion; dont walk into a place, throw down $2,500 that you cant spend, and then complain later when you dont have a Jennifer Aniston physique. Realistic expectations, those are the key words people.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This person lost weight from everything else she did. Certainly not the Zerona Laser.
If you go on a strict enough diet, you will lose weight (check out Jennifer Hudson) but it isn't the zerona laser.
I really feel bad for all of those it didnt work for but im in love with zerona and if anyone wants to get it done go ahead but look for specials and follow the instructions i have lost weight and inches and after 2 months still looks good
Going on my 15 th session July 12, 2011... Still no results despite doing all the right things... $2,000 doesn't land on my lap quite that easily and can't believe this is how I spent it!
You know I would be more comvinced and impressed if they actually had a real life person where you can actually see the results, not someone who is a size 4 already.
The photos of me in sunglasses are from 5 years previous. My before and after Zerona pics do not show my face.

I bought a new dress before I started Zerona. It fit snug. I wore it, twice, within 3 weeks of completing Zerona. It was still snug. Dysmorphic I ain't.
Triddegirl Is that your "before" and "after"? If you are looking at the same photo we are and not seeing results you may have body body dysmorphic disorder. I see some results there...perhaps not the results you were looking for, but this isn't plastic surgery here. If you took laser treatments with me, I'd be very encouraged by your results, suggest another package for 300.00 not 2,000 and in six months I am sure you'd be happy with a slimmer firmer YOU.. Unless you have body dysmorphic disorder in which case you may not "see" the results even though there are clearly measured in inches lost and the photos show them. I take before and after photographs of every client I perform any procedure on and even with dramatic results apparent, I still have some clients disappointed that the results were not more dramatic. Perhaps this is attributed to the fact that we live in a world where plastic surgeons can remake entire bodies and faces, and consumers have grown to expect near miracles when it comes to beauty images. Many women suffer from the inability to be pleased with themselves no matter what results they achieve. Let us be clear on the issue of laser treatments; THEY DO PRODUCE RESULTS just not the results you have been promise in the allotted time frame and not those you perhaps would expect for the cost you have been charged. The fault is with either the practitioner's skill level (many of these so call treatment centers go through unskilled labor like a golfer goes through golf balls). They don't have time to get good at their jobs even if they were well trained before they leave which I do not believe they are. Mostly, though these laser treatments do not work for most of you because it would take 4-6 months to see dramatic results and at those prices many cannot afford them.
I was watching Dr. Oz today and a Dr.Jamie Hesket from New York had this machine on and she said she guaranteed 3 inches at least for her patients. But I'm glad I read these reviews first.
I just watched the show too and wanted to check online for reviews....sad to say I'm bummed to hear it's just yet another scam to get our money :(
You underline a very important point - women MUST do the math in an unemotional way before signing up for this. The promised "3 inch loss" does *not* mean 3 inches off your hips and 3 inches off your waist and 3 inches off your thighs.... people must pay attention to what is not being promised, as well as to what is, and realize that if nothing happens at all they will still be charged.
I wish to make an additional comment about the issue of cellulite or "adipose edematosa". Laser liposuction done by a trained plastic surgeon provides the smoothest results by first melting the fat before removal. Outside of this surgery there are a few treatments that work. The easiest would be with frequent massage techniques and by heating up the adipose fat with a laser before hand. However there are some issues which make it unethical for anyone to promise results as it seems the Zerona people are doing. Let me explain that cellulite is about hormones. The older you are the harder it is for your skin to "snap back" into shape because of this. Secondly, as many of you have already discovered, it doesn't always work even on younger clients, which is why I only charge the price of a massage for the treatment. I do agree with some of you that it should not be so expensive unless it guarantees results but we live in an imperfect world, I'm afraid and not everyone looks at client satisfaction the way I do. This must be done by and expert such as myself. Try asking first to see before and after photographs of work actually done at the place you seek treatment. If you really want to get rid of cellulite you may try Interfential wave therapy such as Medilift. I have not seen many other faradic current machines in the USA except the Medilift. You can Google to find a practitioner. Other than electrical treatments, the best way to rid yourself of the dreaded cellulite is with what you eat. I have learned over the years that a high protein low carbohydrate diet such as Scarsdale, and Zone can cause the body to go into a state of "ketosis" which rids the body of excess fat. I won't go into a technical explanation of the process here but I can tell you that I have had personal as well as professional success with Scarsdale diet. It is simple and easy to stick with. But there's a catch..you must drink plenty of water never go back to eating a high fat diet the cellulite will return.
I am a Master Esthetician and Cidesco Diplomat with years of experience and I've used many different treatments including LLT low level laser therapy over the years with some positive results. Once again I am disappointed to see greed win the day. These cold lasers do have some efficacy for fat removal but they should not be marketed as aggressively as they are and never as an alternative to liposuction. Such marketing tactics are misleading at best and downright fraudulent at worst. Therapist like my have used them for years and yet I charge in 100.00 per session for the same wavelength 680- 890 nm. It seems to me that the medical community once they get hold of something with a catchy name and some results, just go into a FEEDING FRENZY. They ruin it for everyone by considering profits over the clients satisfaction. I suggest you find a licensed esthetican not a doctor for such services if you don't wish to pay for medical prices.
Hey fitgirl, did they offer you FREE sessions? Cause just for giggles you should do them - unless they only offered you one more, in that case don't bother, or if this was too much of a time-waster for you, forget it (some of us have driven hundreds of miles out of our way to keep to the Zerona schedule). I figure you won't be any more disappointed, so if you can get 6 more free do that and then open a thread here of your own, tell us what happened. Your results will count in the overall percentage of yay or nay.
I did 6 treatments and saw absolutely nothing. They pretty much promised I would see atleast 3.5 to 6 inches off. I didn't have much to lose but there were some areas they felt it would help with. After my final measurement not a change and I did everything by the book. Drank water, took Curva pills, worked out, etc. They offered me another round of treatment. Please anyone thinking about doing this rethink it. Many of my friends have done it with NO results as well. A complete waste of time and money. Get a trainer for less money and see results that will last.
I did 20 treatments, low fat diet and worked out 5 days a week. No change at all. I kind of wonder if it makes the fat cells larger. Gained weight during treatments and now fighting like crazy to loose the weight that I gained. When I spoke to the Drs ( Sperlock and Kessinger) for at least half of my money back, they asked me to leave the office. One month later they closed up and moved out of state.

So sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. If you don't mind, could you post a review of your story for other RealSelf members who are researching Zerona? Thanks in advance.

I just finished 12 treatments and lost under the 3.5 inches they guarantee. Those inches are total which means I paid about 1,000 per inch. I am so disappointed. I agree with another post that my fatty areas look worse. I look better in clothes but without them it's very flabby. I think the fat was liquified but my body did not flush it out. Not sure what that secret is. I would have lost the exact same inches if I only did the other things that were asked of me.
I exercised more, ate a low fat diet, drank water all day long, and took their supplements. I paid 3500 for pills and using their treadmill. I could have used that money towards smartlipo and would have had results.
The FDA has approved so much crap over the years that their seal of approval means nothing to me.
I busted my butt exercising so the dr could meet HIS 3.5 inches. Don't do it. Save your money.
If it sounds to good to be true - it usually is.

Hi BPG -- Thanks for sharing your story. Would you mind also posting a review of your experience?

I hear you. This treatment is such a waster of time and money. Saw no results and did everything by the book and more. My friends who tried it saw nothing either. I gained some weight too.
it would have cost the same if i went to one or 100, i just kept trying to make it work, but a scam just doesnt work, lesson learned!!!