Baby Pooch and Love Handles - Velashape Education

I had a previous experience with Velashape at a...

I had a previous experience with Velashape at a different place and had no results. I really thought it was a waste of money. I have been considering Smartlipo, but am not mentally ready for that. My baby pooch and love handles really weren't that big and I couldn't see going as far as smartlipo to get rid of them.

So, I saw an ad for Velashape at another place buy 1 area and get another area free. Belly and love handles, seemed like a good deal. I am happy to say I'm glad I did.

Here's something I learned about Velashape ladies (and I think it goes the same for a good facial or massage!) Velashape is only as good as the person who is doing it. My technician was great! This time was so much different than the first time I had it done! I saw a reduction the second session and even more at the end of 6. I went from a size 8 jeans back in to my 6 jeans. So don't blame the machine because I know for a fact it is operator depedent now!

1st time: American Laser Center; 2nd time: Young Medical Spa

The technician Heather knows what she's doing!

"Seeing is believing" would be a better rule of thumb for assessing the results of Velashape, or any other laser for that matter. I had Velashape or Velasmooth seven years ago, and it worked well. After researching many of the newer lasers that have come out since then, I just began Velashape again yesterday. It DOES work. Those who mention it is technician dependent are also correct, best to make sure your tech is really interested in you getting good results. Working on a lumpy body for an hour is no picnic, folks!!
I am not blaming my clinic,
velashape site says this:
*************
" How quickly will I notice a change?
Gradual improvement of the treated area can be seen following the first treatment - with the skin surface of the treated area feeling smoother. (still waiting) Results in Circumference and Cellulite Reduction will be MOST apparent 6-8 weeks following the final treatment session. "
****************

*Note it says most apparent, not that it will beging to become apparent. which means it should be somewhat apparent before that.
begin*
Velashape DOES NOT WORK. I really wanted to believe it did, Now I just feel stupid. I am stuck with a debt. (i got a monthly payment plan of 120 a month for 1,400.00

I just got my third session and see ABSOLUTELY NO RESULTS. i am so angry because it is non refundable.
I willl just waste my time and go the next three sessions and hope for the best., but seriously, half way there, no results... yeah. my thighs and butt look just as bad as when i started. and know what I just noticed. Check all the "before" and "after" pics. "Before" is lit from a side, or top, "after" has full flood lighting. try at home right now, take a picture with no flash, just light from a side or top, then take a picture with a flash. Voila! Before and After even pre velashape. IT DOES NOT WORK. :(
You need to complete the treatment protocol before you make claims that the device doesn't work. It is technique dependent, user dependent and patient dependent. All of these companies show their best before and after photos which are from their marketing departments. Next time ask to see the actual doctors or clinics own photos which would be more realistic.
sorry, but 3 treatments have done absolutely nothing i dont see how three more will.
I guess your practice did not explain the treatment process and how the device works. I've never had a friend tell me they were promised results after 3 treatments. Where did you get it done?
I am considering trying the velashape. I have one little girl but I gaines 80lbs during my pregnancy. So.. needless to say (except here) I have a little bit of sagging of the skin. Not much but I want the velashape to smooth out the belly area. I am only 135lbs so I'm not really worried about the weight but ofcoarse it would be nice. You know though.. I am having a series of microderm arbrasion to remove any of my stretch marks. I thought it would be a good idea to get the micro before I did the vela so that there wouldn't be any addtional pulling on the area. I don't know I'm a spaz over detail.
Sorry Dr. Shureih, but I absolutely don't agree with you. My diet, exercise regimen and weight has not changed one bit! I also am a nurse, hold a PhD in exercise physiology and work for a pharmaceutical company and definitely understand clinical trial data. All I know is I went one place where the technician really didn't care, then I went another place where my treatments were taken seriously. I lost inches and the appearance of my cellulite. I go back every 6 months for a follow up treatment and could not be happier. If you constantly are looking for just "scientific evidence" to prove a theory, sometimes you miss the obvious results.
I am sorry ladies there is no scientific evidence that Velashape does any thing. The reduction you may have seen is due to you and your diet and excercise.
I totally disagree with you. I have had veleshape treatments, although it was not for inch loss, it was to help smooth out lumps from Smartlipo. Not only did it smooth out the lumps it definitely had the extra benefit of losing inches. I was measured before I started the treatments and measured after and there is definitely a difference. As for my diet and exercise. I just carried on with the same diet and exercise as before. If anything I've upped my exercise since finishing the course mid-December because I am so pleased with the new me I want to try and maintain it for as long as possible. I will definitely go back for maintenace sessions.
I am sorry as well Dr Shureih, but I also believe your statement is misguided. There is actually quite a large body of scientific evidence supporting the effectiveness of Velashape. You may want to conduct a literature review prior to making such claims. Some references are provided below in case you are interested. Adipocyte Membrane Lysis Observed After Cellulite Treatment Is Performed with Radiofrequency. Trelles M Æ , Mordon SR, Aesth Plast Surg (2009) 33:125–128 Improvement in arm and post-partum abdominal and flank subcutaneous fat deposits and skin laxity using a bipolar radiofrequency, infrared, vacuum and mechanical massage device. Brightman L, Weiss E, Chapas AM, Karen J, Hale E, Bernstein L, Geronemus RG. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, Volume 41, Issue 10, pp. 791 – 798 A study evaluating the safety and efficacy of the VelaSmooth system in the treatment of cellulite. Sadick N, Magro C. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, 2007, 9(1):15-20 Bipolar Radiofrequncy, infrared heat and pulsatile suction in the non-surgical treatment of focal lipodystrophy and cellulite. Mulholland, RS, Australian Cosmetic Surgery, 2004; 26: 101–3. Cellulite treatment using a novel combination radiofrequency, infrared light, and mechanical tissue manipulation device: Tina S. Alster & Elizabeth L Tanzi. Journal of Cosmetic Laser Therapy 2005; 7: 81–5. Treatment of cellulite with a bipolar radiofrequency,infrared heat, and pulsatile suction device: a pilot study. Rungsima Wanitphakdeedecha, MD & Woraphong Manuskiatti, MD. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 5, 284–288 A prospective clinical study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of cellulite treatment using the combination of optical and RF energies for subcutaneous tissue heating: Neil S. Sadick & R Stephen Mulholland. Journal of Cosmetic Laser Therapy 2004; 6: 187–190 ELOS Technology for Cellulite and Fat treatment: Combination of Conducted RF, Infrared and Vacuum. Shaoul, J. Australian Cosmetic Surgery Magazine, 32-3 Evaluation of the combination of radio frequency, infrared energy and mechanical rollers with suction to improve skin surface irregularities (cellulite) in a limited treatment area. Kulick, M. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 2006; 8: 185–190 Post-pregnancy body contouring using a combined radiofrequency, infrared light and tissue manipulation device. Winter ML - J Cosmet Laser Therapy, 2009; 11(4): 229-35.