Vaser Lipo and Smart Lipo Combination for Stubborn Abs and Flanks

I had Vaser liposuction and SmartLipo for skin...

I had Vaser liposuction and SmartLipo for skin tightening on June 29, 2009. I will be writing monthly results and obtaining pictures eventually from my doctor (sorry no digital camera!)

Cons
-Bruising and swelling but equivalent to the result of a brutal circuit set at the gym (no pain no gain right?)
-Compression garment must be worn 24/7 for the first month though; my doctor firmly believes this will help in the fuild passing and skin tightening

Pros
-Instantly noticed reduction in ab fat and flanks; expecting more improvement across the next 3-6 months as junk fluid (liquified fat etc) continues to pass out of my body and swelling goes down.
-Heading back to work with one day post-operative rest.

Why I did it
I was a fat child and lost a lot of weight heading into my early 20s (about 60 pounds). My abs and flanks reduced as well but I could not reduce anymore.

I could have paid $4K USD for a nice vacation this year for pleasure and enjoyment, or spend the same to make a dramatic positive change to my body appearance which would last me for life with proper care ... $4K USD doesn't seem that expensive when you put it in that perspective =)

Additional
I was advised SmartLipo alone wouldn't get me the results I wanted, only Vaser Lipo would do this. However, the doctor used SmartLipo to tighten my skin after. I'd ask around for different medical opinions ... i.e. perform your own due diligence!

Dr. Mark Rosengarten

Dr. explains everything bluntly and plainly with no sugar coating and sets realistic expectations and guidance for post-op care. He is a true professional and comes highly recommended.

How long after your procedure before you could go out and walk around? How long before you could fly? I was wanting to have the vaser and smart lipo done, but need to know how long before I can return to work and fly? PS I would love to see your photos!
Hello! No pics yet (I am waiting to go on vacation LOL) but I am happy to report that my skin is tightening up a lot (June 30 '09 was my operation). I think a lot has to do with continual regular exercise which promotes new lean muscle tissue. At 4 weeks I was also a bit 'doughy' as you say ... it will tighten up over time and exercise will accelerate this process. Also, keep using the abdominal binder (aka girtle thing) to help with skin tightening .. it's a bit uncomfortable but it helps with the skin tightening.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I'm still wearing my girtle - it's a wee bit of a passion killer but I have grown to love it, much like a bad dog that insist on going potty on your floor...I'm back exercising now and it feels great. In the very beginning, I felt a sense of panic since even though right after the procedure, I looked great but after that, I felt swollen and doughy (not a sought after look...) and I thougt this procedure was not "working"; however, lately, I have notice a flatter stomach. I guess I was just getting freaked out because some reports are "Look at me! I have lost 12 dress sizes!" That has not happened but I am much more "toner" in my ab area. Please post your pics once you have them. Love to see them.
Hi: Wondering now has the final results of your vaser liposuction went? Do you have any pictures? I, too, had it done and am little over 4 weeks post op (stomach area). I'm flatter but still feel a wee bit "doughy". Is that normal? Just curious on your final result. Any information would be greatly appreciative.
Thanx for your quick reply! How is your healing going? Did the procedure meet your expectations?

The healing is going well for me. I think this is dependent on a person's physical health (I work out regularly and take proper vitamins and supplements). I took two days off post-surgery and took it easy for two weeks before returning to the gym. As for expectations, my Dr. set me straight for them. Liposuction of any sort won't give you instant chiseled abdominals (probably only achievable through abdominalplasty if you go through the surgery route). I expected a reduced abdominal size within the first few weeks (achieved), and expect continued reduction of loose skin (following the recommended use of compression garment and a return to my fitness training, and proper nutrition - not dieting). Vaser lipo overcomes the frustrating 50% that most people encounter as a road block (aka genetics) to a flat and healthy waist line. The other 50% is what most people should do which is eat right and exercise. I am intending to follow up with a 3 month and 6 month update on Realself and will include pictures once I get them from the Doc.

Hi Veilz, I am very excited to find someone from Vancouver who had a vaser lipo done here. Thank you for your review I found it very helpful as I am considering it done myself. I was looking for a reliable surgeon and I will definitely give this Dr. a shot. I have a question. You said that you paid $4250 for the procedure. I am assuming it is in canadian dollars. How much work (how many areas) did you have done for that price? Thank you.

That was for abdominal region and flanks. He used Vaser first, then SmartLipo right after. 2.5 to 3 hours total. Cost is dependent on a case-by-case scenario (every body type is different, and different parts of the body cost vary in price) but that is the range to be budgeting for if you are male and looking to get abs and flanks re-shaped. I highly recommend Dr. R!