V-Beam Has Helped Redness and Broken Capillaries

I recently have started v-beam with a...

I recently have started v-beam with a dermatologist who specializes in lasers. I have had 2 treatments and its been just 2 days since my last treatment.

After the first treatment I had some bruising and swelling. I looked like someone had punched me in the face. The swelling went down after 3 days and the bruising took about a week and a half to fully go away. The worst bruise left a slight brown spot but it's probably only noticeable to me. What I did notice and didn't expect is that the v-beam seemed to lighten my under eye circles, major plus!

It definitely lightened the broken caps but I feel I will need more treatments to get rid of them completely. After second treatment I am still swollen and have more bruising but I told her it was ok to leave bruises as this means the laser is going deeper and more affective.

The pain with v-beam is slight even when she went deeper with the laser. The flashes of light were actually more startling to me than the pain. I would recommend v-beam for broken caps and under eye circles as its worked well for me.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photo Update

hi there, i am exactly in your situation... swollen AND bruised. Might i ask if you kept on going or if those couple of sessions were enough? Do you remember using any particular cream on them? Thanks C
Dr. Chitralada Vibhagool

My doctor was very thorough and really took her time. She explained everything as she went along. I feel she was expensive but I would rather pay more money and have someone do a great job.