Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy Weight Loss (120lb Before, 196lb During Pregnancy)

I had the tummy tuck because I was 196Ibs when I...

I had the tummy tuck because I was 196Ibs when I pregnant with my daughter, I never weighed more than 120Ibs before pregnancy. I worked out every day, I ran, did weights the whole thing and yet I could never get rid of that loose piece of skin on my lower stomach.

I am thrilled with the results, although I am not sure if my scar could have been a little lower. The breast implants were a bonus and I am still trying to adjust to those as they have not taken the complete shape yet. My only issue right now is swelling of my hips and I am not sure if that is normal.

I am now 8 weeks in to my tummy tuck and breast...

I am now 8 weeks in to my tummy tuck and breast implants and I am over all pleased with the results. I am just concerned about swelling on my hips, is that normal? I have a scar from hip to hip but did not have any muscle work done. I also seem to have a very noisy tummy now, the growling happens whether I am hungry or not and it is so loud.
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

My doctor was so good and is staff are great. Even though this is an elective surgery it can still be very scary and they were all so understanding. Love them all including the team at The Jacksonville Surgery Center

your stomach looks awesome. scar is barely visible.
Julie, my scar is healing beautifully and I am so thrilled with the results. I still keep the tape on the scar that the dr. gave me, I take it off for 1 day and apply mederma. For me the tummy tuck was the best.
amazing! I am considering a tt after having had a big baby. I am petite like you and although I only gained 30 pounds, it was literally all baby. My tummy is a mess!!! Seeing results like yours make me feel more confortable about having this procedure. How is your scar healing?
your stomach looks fantastic. i just got mine done 6 weeks ago and the swelling is just now starting to gow down, finally! seems it takes forever. best of luck!
I had both procedures done at the same time and took 5 days out of work; I also have a desk job. I had absolutely no problems with infection at all, my healing has been great but I followed the dr's orders to the letter. I think the key is living a healthy lifestyle. I worked out 5 days a week and tried to eat healthy but I do allow myself to indulge in some junk food and wine. I am not going to lie and say it wasn't painful but it is something that you forget and when you look at your tummy you will forget even more. The dr gave me enough pain pills for a week; I took them for about 4 days and then stopped. Don't worry about your procedure, just listen to your dr's instructions and you will be thrilled with your results. Good Luck and keep me updated.
Wow your scar looks amazing!
You really do look great! Like Scared2deat, I too feel better after reading your post. I am 45 years old and healthly. I've had two C-Sections and Just have the big ole fat tummy that will not go away no matter how many sit ups I do. It's embarrassing at the gym because everything is getting smaller but the boobs and tummy. I'm scheduled for a standard Tummy Tuck (includes tightening of front abdominal muscles) and a Breast Reduction/Lift Mid- November. I worried about the pain,infections and healing process! I've taken off two weeks from work (have a desk job). Do you think that is enough time? Did you get any infections? Thanks for any help- and you look wonderful!
Thank you! I would advise you not to change your date, you will be thrilled with the results when you have it done. I didn't think the pain was that bad, I had my breast done at the same time and they were painful. The tummy was more of a discomfort, it is like child birth, you forget the pain quickly...especially when you see the results. Just be sure to follow your dr's instructions exactly as he tells you. I am thrilled at how my scar is healing, I just kept the tape on there like the dr. told me and I am still putting it on there, on the day off I have started to use Mederma. Good luck
You look GREAT!! Work it girl! Wow & your scar is healing so well. Stories like yours inspire me to keep my surgery date which is November 5. Was it really painful?
My hips are swollen more than they were during the first few weeks after surgery, I am hoping that in time this will go down but if not I will talk to my dr. about what can be done.. Your hips do look very swollen but I think that is due to your lipo and I am sure it will go down. Are you still wearing the girdle? I hated wearing the girdle until I found a thong one that takes away those big panty lines and doesn't feel like it is cutting off your circulation.
I have the same issue. My hips are HUGE and have swollen to the point that they actually measure wider than before surgery. The tough part for me to understand is that I supposedly had lipon on hips and flanks in addition to the tummy tuck. I am 9 weeks post op and no sign of the swelling on hips going down. Check out the pic on my post on Liposuction review.
You looked great!!The incision is just about right.
Thank you. I guess when you look at others you always feel yours is different. I posted a picture today of my scar and looking at that I seem to be healing very nicely.