Gave Birth to Twins and Lost a Lot of Weight - Needed Tummy Tuck for Belly Pouch

Had a tummy tuck done, two days ago. Feeling a...

Had a tummy tuck done, two days ago. Feeling a little discomfort, and feeling very windy. Apart from that all is well. It is not a painful as I had imagined. I am swollen but can see improvement with my pouchy belly, as it is now flat.

I cannot wait for the next coming weeks to see the overall results.

Updated on July 19, 2009

I had a tummy tuck ten days ago. Generally I had very little pain, just discomfort. Of course there are moments when you feel a moment of pain, but it is certainly not as bad as I imagine. The real problem I feel, is after the operation, giving yourself time to heal, being bored and I mean seriously bored. Giving yourself time to heal and knowing that your tummy area is in a healing process and there are dos and donts.

Why did I do it. Well, I had twins 14 years ago, I had a huge pouch, in addition I had put on weight. In January this year I decided I wanted to change my body. I started watching what I ate and exercising and least 1.30 hours every day. It worked, I started losing weight but the more weight I lost the more my tummy pertruded out. My muscles were being toned out and I was getting lots of compliments. Although I was still 22lbs away from my ideal weight, being so 5ft 11inches tall, meant that I looked okay.

I knew that when I reached my ideal weight my tummy would still be a problem. I think that we are family who carries our weight around our tummy. I have four sisters who are all slight overweight, in the main around the tummy. So I knew this was the operation I had to do. Even though I have changed my eating habit and exercise is now definitely part of my life, I I had to get rid of the large bluging skin over my tummy.

I do not regret doing this operation at all. In fact immediately after the operation I look down and my tummy was gone. I also had lipo on my flanks, which went well. The stitch has dried up and it is just swollen and a bit sore. So all in all I am okayish.

Although I am feeling well overall. I noticed on my 9th day post op my stomach felt very wobbly and I had a different feeling. I then I noticed some sipage around my navel. I called the surgery and I was given an appointment the following morning. It turned out I had excess fluid and it had to be drained by needle. Once the excess fluid was taken out I felt wonderful and for the first time, saw my new figure in the making. I looked wonderful. I had no hanging skin over my tummy, no side lumps on my side. Although swollen I can see the best is yet to come. It really is a case of waiting.

My problem now, yesterday after drainage, the middle part of my wound (not navel) was bleeding. Last night when I went to bed it was 2 large coin size, this morning it is now 4 large coin size. The last sippage was much lighter in colour than the first, so I am not sure if it is fluid that needs to get out. I have called the surgery and I was told to rest and if bleeding persist to call so they can check it. I am not freaking out as I feel very well. I would like to know if this is part of the process and at what stage should I be worried. I do not want to be a Drs nightmare and rush to the surgery at a drop of a hat, especially as it cost me $100 for a taxi every trip. I would like to know if this is normal and at what stag should I get worried. I realise I healing right now and little sipping fliuds may be part of the process, but at what stage should I be worried.
MYA (Make Yourself Beautiful) UK - Dr Shungchak

They have several offices over the UK. I find there service to be very good. There is a nurse on call 24hours. They contact the surgeon immediately if needed. You can also speak to the surgeon if you are very worried. They are always a call away.