Tummy Tuck After 2 C-sections - Stomach Muscle Spasms

I had a tummy tuck 2 years ago. I did it because I...

I had a tummy tuck 2 years ago. I did it because I had 2 c'-sections and I looked like i was 8 months pregnant after having my kids.

pros - stomach is flat and tightened

cons - scar is huge and spasms or as i like to call them "charlie horse cramps of the stomach"

The results are amazing in comparison to what it looked like before the surgery.

I can't do any sit-ups anymore because anytime I try to stimulate my ab muscles the begin to cramp "charlie horse style"were the muscles are cramped in such a way that they protrude out and it looks like I have rock in my stomach just like when you have a charlie horse cramp in you leg. It hurts immensely and all i could do is drop on the floor, bend my body and press as hard as I can on the spasming muscles in my stomach until it calms down.

Can anyone tell me please why this is happening to me? This has been going on for over a year and a half. I told the doctor about it and he said that it's normal and should go away with time. Is he right? will this go away? will i be able to do crunches again?
I had my TT Jan 10, 2014. The muscle spasms started within a week of surgery and the Dr couldn't tell me what was wrong. As the weeks passed the spasms worsened. Muscle relaxers, ibuprofen nor drinking extra water made them go away. I couldn't sleep because every movement brought on a spasm. I was becoming depressed after reading other complaints of the same thing that lasted years! I am happy to say that the spasms do not affect me anymore after month 2 post op. I can only say that I learned to notice when they were coming on and stopped them from becoming full blown spasms by pressing down on my stomach muscles or pulling in my muscles.
Hi all, it is comforting to see others with the America issue but disheartening to hear the same responses of it will go away yet here we all are, my tt was a result of mastectomy with diep flap reconstruction,which leaves me with the same results as a tt. I now have more cancer in my abdomen but no where near these ridiculously painful spasms! I know now it's definitely from the surgery.. Mine also causes debilitating pain in my back, anyone else have back pain associated? One Advil will help me for about 5-6 hours but if I do not take the Advil continuously he spasms do not subside and I'm in debilitating pain constantly non stop. I am treating my cancer naturally but can't seem to find a way to stop these! Are we doomed to have these forever?
I had my tummy tuck 6 yrs ago. I started having spasms/cramps immediately after my tt. They ended after several months and just recently started back up over 3 mos. ago. They have been 24/7. I have been hospitalized 2 x's in 3 mos. The dr's at first said it was IBS but I knew better. They don't start after I eat, they are constant...never letting up. I can't even walk for a small amount of time because the spasms get so bad. I am taking anti-spasmotics that do
not help at all. Can anyone please help me?
Scott Lessin

He was a good doctor overall.