SmartLipo for Stubborn Tummy and Back Fat (26 Y/o)

I am 26 am in great health. No matter how much I...

I am 26 am in great health. No matter how much I worked out, I never could get rid of my back and tummy.

I decided to have this done about 2 weeks before I had the procedure. I went in for a free consultation exactly one week before having this done. It couldn't have been an easier decision for me. I did; however, do A LOT of research. I was obsessed...EVERY NIGHT for hours I was looking up everything I possibly could find on what I can expect. I made sure I was FULLY aware what I was getting myself into as this is my first time having ANYTHING done.

For the procedure itself, I don't remember A THING! They hooked me up to an IV and the next thing I remember is me waking up on my couch!

I am going to work tomorrow... we'll see how that goes! I have added pics below... they speak for themselves... I am still swollen and cannot WAIT for the end results! I will keep everyone posted with pics throughout the next few weeks!

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

The BEST doctor in the Dallas area..if not everywhere!

Well, I also went to the same doctor in Plano, TX. I was very unhappy with the results to say the least. I had another doctor in Miami, Fl(a real plastic surgeon since the one in Plano is an "Ear, Nose, Throat" doctor) fix his ugly job. He left fatty areas, lumps, and 2 scars that looked like cigarette burns on my abdomen. I am glad this other surgeon was able to fix all these issues. I was told by this well known plastic surgeon that this E.N.T. has no business doing any type of liposuction. I AGREE 100%. By the way Bubblegirl... I do not see any recent pictures of your procedure? Why? The ones you have here are too recent to determine anything. You are swollen, bruised and it looks very lumpy.
Hey Bubblegirl, I know you said that you were going to post more pics soon and I don't want to beg, but I was wondering if you could post pics of where they put the lasers in. I have wanted to do this for a long time and I think I am finally getting the balls to do it and I want to make sure I'm not going to hate it. I am worried that its going to come back and Im worried that I won't be able to work right away cause I'm sore and I'm worried that that the scars will be big and everyone will know. If you could help me with these concerns it would be much appreciated. Thanks again and you look great so far!! :)
So far it is definitely worth it. You will be healed up in 2 weeks, but you will still have trouble bending over and you will still be sore. I was unhappy with my stomach and back for so long, it was a clear choice for me! Let me know if you decide to go through with it! Good luck!!
You look great! I am 18 years old and wanting to get smartlipo done. Is it worth it? Also, I leave for college in a little over two weeks, do you think I will be all healed by then? I want my stomach, arms, and thighs done. Thanks!!
You look awesome!! How many lbs/inches did you lose? I'm getting my arms, thighs, and abdomen done tomorrow and I'm nervous. How was the pain during the procedure? Thanks!
Well I went to the same place and looked great for about 6 months. I went from a size 4/6 to a 2/4 almost imediately. Then the fat went down to my pubic area and right below my bra line in the front. Like my fat used to be more in my belly,but now it is fat under my bra like when you get pregnant. After a year I looked the exact same as I did if not worse because I was not fat under my bra line before. Back fat and all came back. Skintastics said not their problem because the doctor that did my surgery isn't there anymore. Real reputable place. I looked EXACTLY like you Pre-op the surgery and exactly like you post-op. Go back and read how much I loved it when I first got it. Two years later and I am getting a tummy tuck. I went to 3 doctors in the Dallas area and everyone of them said it was a crap job and smart lipo doesn't work. I will email my pics to anyone who wants to see them. I would not recommend this surgery period. Don't do it.
HI I am looking for a Dallas area doc. . . Who did you go to?
Wow, it sounds like you really want this, but are concerned...which is understandable. I say go for it! I am 4 weeks post op (today!) and feel fine. People ask me "have you been losing weight?" lol Feels good! My doctor was the first one I went to...It was a very well known facility, so I knew I could trust it. I also researched my surgeon online and found nothing but positive things about him. I do think $8000 is high, but I'd rather pay more and get a professional job done...and since he trains other doctors on this procedure, I felt he would know better than anyone...The upper and lower abs were $5000 + lateral sides ($2000) and after you have reached 3 areas, each additional area is only $1000 (my flanks) so that totalled $8000. I didnt get a second opinion...I trusted my surgeon...I am one of those ppl who believes "you get what you pay for" It was kinda weird seeing a male surgeon (just bc I am a naturally modest person) but I was completely fine...My thought was "Just get through this and you'll get to be skinny! LOL. I have to go to my one month follow up, so I will ask how much they took out....I was SO out of it when I left there...didn't get a chance to ask :) I will let you know though! Oh! I will also post pics soon! I hope you decide what is best for you...I love my decision...I don't regret it for a second! Now that I see how skinny I could be, I am more motivated to work out and eat even better than I already do! It just gives you a new sense of confidence...its like a second chance :) Let me know if you decide to do it! I am confident, with the right doctor, that you will be happy if you do it!

Hi! First, let me say that you look SO great! And I hope that you are feeling well now. I have been reading through this site like a crazy woman the past few days and I really like your posts and appreciate your answers and honesty. I also live in the Dallas area, am also 26 and am also in good shape. I weigh about 128-132 depending on when you catch me. Anyway, I have been researching lipo for about over a year now and last October I saw about 4 or 5 plastic surgeons concerning the same areas that you had done but using traditional lipo. My quotes ranged from about $3500-$6500. But I didn't go through with it because of nerves and money. But now I am ready to give it another go and go see a few more doctors. Can you tell me (1) How you felt about seeing your Dr. and why you chose him? Did you meet with him on your consultation or just an office staff member? (2) How did you feel about the $8000 dollar cost? Did you think it was high? How was the price broken down? By hour, by area, by surgeon fees (I hope that's not to rude to ask)? Did you get a 2nd opinion? (3) Was it weird not seeing a female plastic surgeon? I only ask bec I am kinda shy. (4) Was the operation done in a hospital? How long did it take? (5) How much did they take out of you?..1 pound,2? In your before pictures you look tiny already! Ok, so I know that was a lot but I really hope that you can help. I am so excited you are in the same area!

oh yea, im still all swollen as well, but im already swimming in the waistline of a lot of pants i had to buy after my botched fibroid surgery, and am fitting into all the pants that i wore before the same surgery. the pants i typically wore were those brasilian stretch pants- u no the ones with the small pockets? after my fibroid surgery, my stomach looked so nasty, all hard and lapping over my scar, i had to put the pants away and buy more high waisted ones- so embarrassing. but now, i think im going to be able to wear my old pants again. yippe cayaye!!! lol i no how u feel!!! :)
hey, its three weeks later, and so i went back to work and my lower abdomen (where i had my lipo done) swelled up. i guess i over-exerted myself. now i feel all raw and exposed like i did before i had the procedure. i guess it takes longer for some of us to heal, so i feel ur pain...how are u doing so far?
Today was my first day without my garment. It feels very weird without it...I tried my spanx, but it kept rolling down and creating this bulge on my back...I took it off within an hour...I am starting to feel harness and a few lumps. I am still a bit sore, so it is hard to massage it. I am going to try to schedule the lymphatic massage for this Friday. I hope this will help the lumps and swelling. I will let everyone know how it goes as well as post pictures so everyone can see my progress :) Oh yeah, I tried on swimsuits yesterday (just to get excited for the near future) and it was actually fun! I didn't leave feeling like a blimp and I can't wait until the final results!
wow. i'm going for my consultation tomorrow... i'm 21 and my body looks identical to your preOP pics! I'm dying to have the same results as you. I too just started researching like crazy for the procedure and hope to get it done within 2 weeks. do you have any photos of your abs now? i'm hoping to do lower abs and love handles and would love to see how you are healing in the front. it would be like a sneak preview for my "new look" in just a few weeks!! thanks & happy healing!
you look grt! do you have incision marks?
Yes, They are pretty small. I have 10 of them. I will try to post pics of them soon.
Please do give updates. I have an appointment the 23rd of July and I'm very nervous. I have a small area on the stomach from the baby and I'm so afraid it's just going to be wrinkly gross skin afterwards! :( Did it tighten your skin at all that you can notice? Also.. did you lose any cellulite on the rear ( if you had any )? Just wanting 1st hand knowledge.
Don't be nervous! The skin is supposed to tighten over time and I won't see the final results for 3-6 months...From what I have read/heard it is not supposed to be wrinkly or gross. I think the healthier you are, the better your results will be. I had my upper & lower abs done, my flanks, and my lateral sides. I didn't do my rear...Tomorrow will be a week, so I can't make a TRUE prediction, but I am optimistic that it will look awesome! Plus, it motivates you to be healthier, so you can look EVEN better :) Good luck with your appointment! I can honestly say that it already has been one of my smartest purchases!
You look great! I looked exactly like you prior to my procedure (upper lower abs). Do you have lumps or bumps on your abs after the procedure or is it totally smooth?
Thank you! I don't really have lumps or bumps. It just feels kinda jiggly. I am really sore though! I think there is still a lot of fluid in there..I didn't drain very much...hopefully the soreness, bruising, and swelling go down SOON!
wow, for day three, u look absolutely wonderful! :) ive been taking update pictures for my post also and i didnt see a difference at first, but as i look at my pictures, im seeing it more and more. im gona take more tomorrow, coz now i see a major difference and its only been a week and a half :) are u going to post more as u heal?
Thanks! I was actually feeling really swollen today and discouraged. Thanks for lifting my spirits! I will DEFINITELY keep everyone updated on my progress :) I can't wait for these weeks to fly by!