Steroid Injection to Remove Scar Tissue

I had an injection of a steroid on a bump that I...

I had an injection of a steroid on a bump that I had on my forhead. The bump was scar tissue that had left an egg on my forhead so after the steroid injection, the bump went away but now I have a small dent in my forhead.

Is this dent going to start growing cells to pop back out a little or is this now permanent and if it will go back to normal, how long will it take?

no because, I am not sure if the dent is going to go away

I tend to avoid steroid injections as they are prone to "thin" soft-tissue and skin and can result in exactly what you have experienced. Have a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon look at the area. "Bump" can be a great many things from a hypertrophic scar, to a benign bone tumor called an osteoid osteoma that needs surgical resection and can be caused by trauma. As far as the depression, most-likely from steroid and might be best managed by a soft-tissue or fat transfer. See a surgeon and good luck! Dr. C
My experince is it will improve slightly not the discoloration if there is any... I am a RN seen this a few times. I would consultation with a few specialists to get info on what you can expect from surgery.