Swollen Lower Eyelids After Botox

First of all, my review isn't about my overall...

First of all, my review isn't about my overall dissatisfaction with Botox, but rather my unhappiness with a side effect of the treatment I'm experiencing.

I'm a 26 year old female who received Botox injections almost three weeks ago on my lower eyelids and forehead. I've had Botox several times before this, loved it and never have had any problems. However, this was the first time I've received injections under my eyes, which I initially thought I needed due to some fine lines appearing as I smile. My PS placed two units under each eye, and I thought it would be uneventful as it always is each time I have it injected.

Four days afterwards, however, my lower eyelids became abnormally puffy.

After a visit w/ an ophthalmologist, she ruled out any eye infections and prescribed a course of steroids for periorbital edema, which helped bring down the puffiness tremendously. As soon as I finished the steroids though, my eyes puffed up again.

Could I just be one of the rare people who is hypersensitive to Botox? Is it possible the puffiness under my eyes is permanent, or will my eyes return to normal after the Botox wears off?