Sore, Bloodshot Eyes from Latisse but Don't Want to Stop Using! - New Jersey

Ok ..so its been 3 weeks and my lashes are growing...

Ok ..so its been 3 weeks and my lashes are growing longer and darker ! I love it !

Pros ...my lashes are already longer ....in only 2...

Pros ...my lashes are already longer ....in only 2 weeks !! I have always hated my short stubby lashes and do not want to stop treatment ...is there another time of day or way to apply that would help ? I am now applying with a soft liner brush to the lash line in the evening after I have washed and moisturized my face. I am only using one drop for both eyes.

Cons ..my eyes are killing me :) Within minutes my eyes are very bloodshot and burning and in the morning when I wake up they are very bloodshot. The visine helps for a little while but then the bloodshot eyes return.

Week 12 Hi .. I have been using Latisse for...

Week 12

Hi .. I have been using Latisse for about 2 weeks and my eyes are so bloodshot and sore. I can already see longer lashes so I am so hesitant to stop treatment. My eyelashes have always bothered me because they were so short & I am hoping that my eyes will adjust ? Do others experience this same burning and redness as I do ? Thanks very much ! -- Updated on Nov 14, 2009: 4 week Lastisse update !

Jvara , you will only need to use every other day or every third day to maintain your lashes , but yes if you stop completely your old lashes will reappear ...bummer right ? lol ...but still it is cost effective to just maintain them and who could go back ??? Not me ! Happy New Year ! KAT
How much longer do I have to use this product, after I am satified with the results to keep the lasses longer? Is it a product I'll always have to use?
Try to use it every other day or every two days. Also buy a super skinny eye liner brush from Target. It sounds as though you are getting product into the eye and not just at the lash line. The number one side effect from this product is red eye so try scaling back and using less on the brush. Also, just do the top lashes and stay away from the inside corners or you'll get hairy tear ducts!
i had this same issue. but my lashes look amazing with my mascara on. my boyfriend notices now. its been 3 mos for me about. my lids got a bit darker also. but wow u dont even need to put lots of mascara on anymore. all the ladies i know are now using this latiesse and lovin it.
I just started using Latisse. Two nights now and my eyes are blood shot and sticky-feeling throughout the day, and they are watery when I'm sleeping. People at work asked me if I was feeling well! I'm following the instructions precisely. Only one drop on each brush. I hope it won't be like this for the entire 16 weeks.
My eyes also were red & sore for about 2 weeks or so,I even went to my opthomologist and he said it should clear up. And it did. So just be patient. I apply latisse in the morning instead of at night. I also use it on my lower lashes and eyebrows. (latisse was only tested on upper lashes) I had breast cancer awhile back and my eyebrows never grew back....You should see them! I cant believe how much fuller they are...Also, my eyelashes are coming in beautifully...I use one drop a day, with a narrow painter brush for watercolor. My bottle last 2 months and 1 drop is enough daily for eyes & eyebrows.
Great result. Maybe you should have waited a full 3 months after the upper bleph. for complete healing. There may have been a reaction with the recent surgery site and the product. But in the end LOOK at the GREAT result Regards Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, MIAMI
Thanks Dr Blinski for the nice compliment ...I wish you had seen my eyes before ....they were really so droopy that after the surgery I saw things that I hadn't seen in years ! Like the sun and sky ! I am done for awhile ...now I need some 'body work'. :) I had breast augmentation about 9 years ago and much to my dismay they broke within a week of each other not long ago ...devastating really. I think what I would like to do instead of replacing them is to remove them and have a lift . At my age , having healthy and perky breasts is much more important than having large breasts. My doctor here had told me when he did the initial surgery that they were guaranteed for life ..what he did not tell me that it would be $4000 to replace them. I wish I had never had it done and now with the plastic in there I am unable to feel for lumps and that worries me. I feel like I just want them gone , but they will be very droopy now due to my age and the stretching from the implants. As a single 52 year old nurse it is pricey for me to keep looking good but very important to me. I am not going down without a fight ....hehheh! Warmest regards , and again , thanks for your compliment . Love my eyes and lashes :) Kat
I'm just starting out.....also have the "itchy" and redness thing going on but hanging in there. I also got a small brush and will try that tonight. Tonight is my third day. Two people I know both have used it for the three month and their lashes look great !! Wish me luck !!!
Good Luck !!! You are going to love your lashes ! It is a bummer to have the itchy , red eyes but I have been using lubricating eye drops and it gets better every day ! Post a photo ! We would love to watch them grow ! :) Kat
Thank you Dr Rostan. I am using the same method you recommend only with a soft small eyeliner brush. It seems to be getting better for the most part but I am still using lubricating eye drops a couple of times a day to get rid of that redness. It does not feel like it is getting IN my eye but it must be a little bit. ALSO I have noticed some tiny hairs growing where I guess my lid skin must touch my lashes now that they are longer ! OH DEAR ...can't have that , lol ..will go get my eyebrows waxed and have them check those lids ! Amazing stuff that Latisse !
I agree with some of the other comments about amount of application. I still use and still recommend the brush that comes with the Latisse package but you could certainly try and may benefit from a smaller makeup brush. One of the tips we have found helpful in our office is to put one drop into the cap of the Latisse and then carefully dip your brush into it. This allows much better control of application. I feel your symptoms will likely improve by using less product in a more controlled manner. Dr. Elizabeth Rostan Charlotte, NC
I was trying to put in the latest photo ...my eyelashes are growing like weeds :) The soreness and bloodshot eyes problems have been resolved for the most part ...still a little bloodshot in the morning and at the end of the day ...I am being very careful not to get it IN my eyes but it must be to be causing this which worries me because I do have light green eyes and don't want the brown specks . I am watching very carefully. I'm not sure what you mean by your eyes looking older ? Maybe you are just tired ? OR ..if they are dry around your eye from the product maybe you could use a lot of moisturizer or eye cream ? Keep me posted !
I've been using Latisse for five weeks and my eyes are still red and sore. I'm using an eyeliner brush in place of the applicators and only one drop for both eyes instead of two. My eyes also look "older" somehow, and I'm not sure how to resolve that issue.
I have to tell you it gets better every day , could be that my eyes just needed to adjust to it. I am so glad that I didn't give up ! Betsy I think if you try using less and being very careful not to get it into your eyes you will love the results ! Kat :)
My eyes did the same thing. I could not use it.
Yes, Visine definitely will make your eyes redder, when it wears off. But keeping your eyes moist with just plain eyedrops (those marketed as just for adding moisture rather than reducing redness) or even just saline solution can help with redness. I noticed with the Latisse redness, too, that it was quite pronounced in the morning, but lessened considerably after a few hours. Good luck!
I had the same problem, but was determined to keep using it. First, I'd advise not using Visine, you'll just get the rebound effect, making your eyes even more bloodshot. Lose the included brushes; they apply too much product, and it inevitably runs into your eyes. Get a very thin eyeliner brush and carefully apply the product along the lash line, just enough so it is slightly damp. Also, take a day or two off, then resume daily application. You could probably even use it every other day and still get results, if necessary. Finally, your eyes will adjust to the product after some time and not become so red. There's a slight possibility you could be having an allergic reaction to the product or some preservative in the product, in which case you shouldn't use it. So if after following these tips for a few weeks, you still don't see improvement, you probably shouldn't use it.
Thanks so much ...I am doing all of the above ..using a liner brush dipped in one drop of fluid in the cap but I will go a little lighter on the application and see what happens. I am so determined to get lashes :) I did not realize that Visine can cause a rebound effect ? I just can't stand the look of bloodshot eyes ! Thanks for all of your great suggestions ...hoping I can put up a pic of long lush lashes in a few months ! Have a wonderful weekend !
The redness and other side effects are supposed to lessen in a few weeks. Make sure you're applying it properly; here are some tips you might find helpful: Should Latisse cause bloodshot eyes and irritation?
Thanks Sharon !: )