Unsatisfied SmartLipo Patient

Four months ago I had a smarlipo done on my...

Four months ago I had a smarlipo done on my abdominal area by a Dr. in Miami - Florida. I was the perfect candidate.

I am 5.3 and weight 117 pounds. I just had a bit of fat on my lower stomach and love handles. The Dr. told me I would need 2 procedures. One was on the belly and the other after a few days on the lower back and side areas.

I scheduled the belly treatment which was very painful. I was excited waiting for the results and after a month on a follow up visit to the Dr. tells me that something went wrong and that he needed to do it again and remove more fat. I had never done any treatment like that before so I was very scared of re-doing something that was not right in the first time. how could I trust this Dr. Again??

I had bumps, completely uneven skin and hard knots all over. I consulted other Doctors, they all thought that this was a unexperienced doctor, but believe me I did the homework as I found out that he had recently been appointed to the national teaching panel for Syneron Laser. In, addition, he now teaches physicians the technique of laser liposuction utilizing Syneron’s new LipoLite fat melting laser.

I have to also mention that he is not a plastic surgeon and his medical background is in internal medicine and dentistry. Anyway, a few weeks back I returned to the clinic to have the touch-up. The staff or I should say, his assistant, was horrible, rude not only to me, but several other patients who had to wait for hours before seeing the Dr. After my 2nd procedure I went home and had follow up massages schedule for the following days. Believe it or not the assistant called me and cancelled my massages and said that I was terminated from his services. He would not longer treat me.

So, this is my story. I have paid for 2 treatments, have done one treatment twice with 3 incisions on the front middle part of my belly. I got terminated of any needed follow-up that has left me with a horrible belly contour and my love handles are still at the same place and he will not refund my money for the the treatments that weren't done.

I want to report this Dr at a Medical Board of Medicine. Does anyone know where one can make a complaint? And What should I do to these terrible bumps on my belly? Does massages really work? How far ahead does a massage still works?

Dr. Mark Sachs

Exercise, eat less and accept how we are is the best advise. Some Drs appear to be learning and practicing on us...

Rosali, can you email me and tell me the name of your doctor? I am in Arkansas and had a HORRIBLE experience where the Dr. was supposed to perform VASER which I researched, requested, and contracted for. The Dr. did not have the equipment, so he borrowed the SmartLipo equipment and testdrove it on my body without my knowledge or permission. He messed up, left me with splotches, lumps, ripples, and a fist size hole in my LEFT buttock (which he was NOT supposed to operate on!). I question whether your doctor owned the equipment, had proper training to use the equipment, and whether you were a victim of SmartLipo's agressive sales team which uses our bodies as guinea pigs. It appears to be an emerging pattern....
my email: troveitinc@gmail.com
Bellybee im planing on doing my smart lipo in April n my provider is Sleek med spa in n.y. Can u tell me where in N.Y and who was your Dr. I would hate to go though a bad experiences.
I wouldn't recommend smartlipo for anyone. Diet and exercise is a better way.
I got the same results, my provider was sleek med smpa nyc. I have the same bumps and the DR. never called me for a follow up... The skin is looking better but its uneven, i can not wear a small bikini...
It's making me rethink! I would file a complaint with the "AMA" - American Medical Association, "BBB", "FDA", and I believe that there are a few others you can file with. Do a search under "Report Doctor Medical Procedures" and try the search that the other people have suggested;this should give you more Ammo. Also ask the AMA if they know of any other offices to file complaint with. And if it is real bad consider a law suit!!!
what an awful story!! You should not only report him, but you should write him a letter telling him of your dissatisfaction and that you are considering legal action. Doctors like this need this typed of feedback, otherwise they continue to abuse their clients. I would just google "how to report malpactice" in you state, and see where that takes you. When you are treated that harshly, you need to set boundaries. Good luck....
You are so kind thank you for your help and support! Roseli
Thank you very much! Have a great day!!! and keep safe from Dr. like the one I had.

OMG! Roseli, this is so terrible.  U should post a few pics so others won't start saying you're faking (I saw this on other posts. probbably somone making $$ from smartlipo)

You definitely need to make a complaint to protect others! The State of Florida CSU is where you should start: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/enforcement/enforce_csu.html

"The Consumer Services Unit (CSU) is where the complaint process begins. It is the central intake for all complaints, including complaints alleging the practice of a healthcare profession or the operation of facilities/establishments without the appropriate license (Unlicensed Activity). In addition, CSU mediates as appropriate and conducts investigations. Issues involving minor violations may result in the issuance of a citation or a notice of non-compliance. All complaints are assigned a computer generated complaint number for tracking purposes. An acknowledgement of receipt of a complaint is sent to the complainant with the identifying complaint number."

Use the form "General Healthcare Professions Complaint"

Thank you very much for your help> I will contact the consumer services today. Thanks again friend!